[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 12:46:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goverton
I see no sense in debating   Fight certain people here who have closed minds...."have eyes to see, but don't see, ears to hear but don't hear"....I don't need to prove anything to those people..... Mad  Hello

Oh, yes you do. You really are a newbie here, aren't you? You're among professional treasure hunters here, not rank amateurs looking for a guru. Your only experience is reading books and you put yourself forward as an expert. You spout nonsense.

Posted on: January 27, 2011, 08:42:30 PM
I will post a quote from "Spanish Mounments and Trail markers to Treasure" by Charles Kenworthy  Wise

Read carefully. Nowhere does he offer documentation of what he claims. He just says it and you believe it. No proof. Nothing. Just his words. How gullible can you get?

Posted on: January 27, 2011, 08:44:08 PM
If we think about it for a minute, it becomes very clear that Spain was extremely wise in requiring "special and specific" codes, measurements, markers and monuments on treasure trails and maps in the New World.

See what I mean here? It's all his own thinking. Not proof. Just his assumption which is considered incorrect by archaeologists. Almost all rock signs are road maps to other locations, not to treasure. Dreamers. You have to love them.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg140080.html#msg140080

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 01:45:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I got to agree with GD on this, you read "Spanish Mounments and Trail markers to Treasure" by Charles Kenworthy  and have declared yourself and expert on treasure hunting. By doing so you are misleading newbies into the hobby.
The archaeology community dismissed Mr. Kenworthy  as a crackpot years ago now his only followers are a few crackpots still living in the 1950's.

We as forum members should encourage other members when we can Clapp  and remember that at one time we were New at TH and needed some different POSITIVE opinions. Idea
What does it hurt or matter if someone thinks they are on to a trail to treasure and we can give them some advice and another pair of eyes. Cheesy

It matters. It matters a lot. Misleading people selling dream with no chance of fulfillment is wrong.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg140094.html#msg140094

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 03:10:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Along the coast of California from the tip of Baja California to northern Oregon is a road which is still called El Camino Real, or the King's Road. If you are lucky enough to walk along unpaved segments of this road, you will find hundreds and hundreds of Spanish trail markers that tell how far you are to the next town of note and how far you have traveled or have yet to travel to your destination. It's an encapsulated version of the green freeway signs of today but carved into rocks. The Spanish did that everywhere they went for navigating to and from places they wanted to go. They would never, ever be so dumb as to publish a book that showed the world how to find any treasure they might have left behind.

The truth is, they TOOK the treasure rather than mine it, process it, make it into gold and silver items and then bury it. How stupid would that be? If they really did that, the ships that sunk on the way back to Spain would have been empty. But they weren't.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg140115.html#msg140115

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 03:27:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I will post a quote from "Spanish Mounments and Trail markers to Treasure" by Charles Kenworthy  Wise

"The King of Spain ORDERED all treasure/mine trails to be monumented according to Spain's drawings of markers/monuments. The Palace of Governors in Mexico City and Santa Fe (New Mexico) INSTRUCTED the exploration groups, haciendas, mining/explorers etc. in the basics of both monument meanings and map codes.

Dozens of researchers have look for this are any document saying this both in the archives in Madrid and Mexico City, non was ever found. Just because you read it don't make it true Look at my Signature

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg140119.html#msg140119

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 10:20:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

After falling into the treasure trap myself, I agree with older hands here. They are saying what the books aren't going to tell you. Three guys just got dragged out of Superstitions chasing signs and gold.

There is a little truth even in a lie. I would definitely not disturb the rock, take pictures, and turn it over to someone at the University for study. In the event you stumbled on a partially uncovered mine or cache, there would be claims on it.

In treasure hunting, the guys getting rich is the guy selling the shovel. But now you are looking, that is a start. You wont find anything if you don't look.

Last, if you think you have a real find. Dont say a word or post it on a forum. Good luck, I hope you find more markers.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg140192.html#msg140192

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 01:53:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Too many people are self obsessing too much with alleged treasure signs.

I must admit some people come up some very inventive interpretations of alleged markers.

But what amazes the complete failure to realize that these markers could mean nothing at all. And  yet there is a die hard obsession that they are all clues to treasure?

This obsession really amazes me weather its alleged Spanish treasure buried in USA or Japanese Treasure in Philippines etc. Not one of these interpretations have ever came come with some collaborated evidence of the existence of treasure.

Why would a Spanish miner leave all these symbols around if there was a known code of symbols? Would you leave your wallet open for the Taxman?

Did the Japanese army spent all the time leave carved and oddly shaped rocks around for people to locate their alleged looted treasure? No wonder the Japanese lost the war?

The fact is one can come up with 1001 explanations and none of them could be correct.

There seems to be a few popular myths in regards to treasure signs and symbols. A few authors have exploited this and popularized the myth by claiming there is a table of markings that can be interpreted as treasure symbols. Charles Kenworthy is just one example.

Most alleged man made treasure marks are either old border/ boundary stones, mile stones, bored stoned teenagers graffiti, even rarer still ancient native glyphs.
There is also a belief out there of some natural feature having secret meanings, but to see them in the context of being a treasure sign is without supporting evidence is fool hardly. Regardless of what country you live in.

Does that mean  I fully disbelieve the possibility of the existence of treasure markers. No!
I would be more interested if there was collaborative evidence such as an old verifiable old journal mentioning these markers as a direction to a stash. Not blind conviction that it is a treasure sign to start with.

Good research is the key.

A good treasure hunter is like a professional gambler only after patient dedicated research do they commit themselves to playing the game.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg140234.html#msg140234

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 10:58:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

Problem with the research hardluck is the guys writing books are assumed right.

Take for instance your assumption the Japanese lost the war as they buried treasure everywhere. The buggers almost beat us to the bomb, it was that close.

As for treasure signs, I believe the average man back in a day was not educated, and wouldn't know a treasure sign if it fell on him. So a mandate to put a map stone on a trail every 1200 meters or so would make sense.

I will give an example of my own folly. The Doc Noss and Victorio Peak treasure. I read everything I could find, and was convinced there was most likely a cache up in the Caballos Mountains of spanish treasure.

After talking to a few in the know, there really never was much if any treasure, and only one gold bar was actually seen. Not to mention the fact he had over ten years to work it before the military got a hold of it.

Take the Lost Dutchman Mine. One mine, in all of the superstitions mountains, really now just one mine? The fact is the heavy minerals are deep in the ground and only volcanic activity probably brought some to the surface.   

Now Im a no nothing, but when they drag three guys out of there, and they were probably lost waiting on rescue that never came, you dont have to be very smart to figure out even a day hike can get you killed.

I believe there is gold just about everywhere. But its not always cost effective or legal to take it. I can almost walk to many sites here local, and get the same results I would get if I went out in the wilderness.

Im sure there are treasures, but the truth has been twisted around so many time, it really comes down to the guy that finds it. I wish everyone good luck in hunting treasure, but take a friend, leave a map of where your going, and when you are coming back, there has to be at least one person your trust.

Buy the book, but dont follow the blind.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg140290.html#msg140290

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline govertonTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 11:54:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by casca

Take for instance your assumption the Japanese lost the war as they buried treasure everywhere. The buggers almost beat us to the bomb, it was that close.

As for treasure signs, I believe the average man back in a day was not educated, and wouldn't know a treasure sign if it fell on him. So a mandate to put a map stone on a trail every 1200 meters or so would make sense.

I will give an example of my own folly. The Doc Noss and Victorio Peak treasure. I read everything I could find, and was convinced there was most likely a cache up in the Caballos Mountains of spanish treasure.

After talking to a few in the know, there really never was much if any treasure, and only one gold bar was actually seen. Not to mention the fact he had over ten years to work it before the military got a hold of it.

Take the Lost Dutchman Mine. One mine, in all of the superstitions mountains, really now just one mine? The fact is the heavy minerals are deep in the ground and only volcanic activity probably brought some to the surface.   

Now Im a no nothing, but when they drag three guys out of there, and they were probably lost waiting on rescue that never came, you dont have to be very smart to figure out even a day hike can get you killed.

I believe there is gold just about everywhere. But its not always cost effective or legal to take it. I can almost walk to many sites here local, and get the same results I would get if I went out in the wilderness.

Im sure there are treasures, but the truth has been twisted around so many time, it really comes down to the guy that finds it. I wish everyone good luck in hunting treasure, but take a friend, leave a map of where your going, and when you are coming back, there has to be at least one person your trust.

Buy the book, but dont follow the blind.

Amen brother

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg140297.html#msg140297

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 12:08:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Don't ever trust everything you read Casca. Like has been said many times before books and the internet are only starting points for the researcher. You need to double check ever fact written. Writers want to sell books so they may and will starch the truth a little are add a little something that is untrue.
Out of the 8 or 10 books I own about the Dutchman there is little new info in them most are just rehash of the books before them. Same way with Doc Noss and his treasure.
If a book has the word treasure in the title its a good book for entertainment but a poor book for research.
As said before out of 1500 are so books in my treasure library less the 100 have the word treasure in them. If you are going to be a successful hunter you need to find new fresh leads  do your research keep it to yourself and go get it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg140298.html#msg140298

Offline govertonTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 12:54:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

casca,
I personally know 2 friends that were "run off" treasure site by Black Water type people and they(men in black) were not the land owners but "overseers" of nearby land(land owner did give permission).....So, it is important to not go alone, let others know where you are, hopefully your cell will work, probably would not hurt to call someone if some strange individuals turned up to confront you.
Just play dumb, stay cool and back off real quick......like your looking for Arrow heads.....probably would not hurt to have a few in your pocket just in case. 
I suggest leaving Metal Detector in Car covered up until you have been in the area awhile and know you are not being watched......I do not recommend sneaking in at night....always get land owner permission......A Camera can work wonders as well....."you are a photographer getting nature scenes, etc."

Guys in Arizona may have bumped into some hard cases.....I guess time will tell what may have really happened there...

TH can be a fun adventure and I hope everyone finds something of value....I never begrudge anyone who finds something of value......

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg140306.html#msg140306

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: