[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline govertonTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: January 13, 2011, 06:50:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

See What lines up with N S E & W.
Look around this area and see if a Hill is nearby and creek runs around it.  This may be picturing map of area

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg137280.html#msg137280

Offline Bassackwardst
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 10:39:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

I really appreciate you analyzing this thing for me. You are correct, there is a hill and a creek where you have them marked. This blew me away, but what does it mean? Is there treasure in this area and if so where on the rock is it or is this just someone marking the lay of the land. I don't think it's a property line marker like was previosly suggested because my grandpa had cast of this made in the 70's and it was dated back to far for that. I'm not a greedy person so if it is treasure and you help lead me to it I'll share! Thanks again.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg138086.html#msg138086

Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 04:35:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A good book to get. "When Rocks Begin to Speak"....will help you with reading this kind of marks that are showing the area.
Just go to

Please Register or Login

http://maps.google.com/?t=p

and search for map of  the area you found this at. Use the Terrian mode and not satilite mode.

Then zoom in to the area and look for like formations like rock.  You may want to rotate map rock 180 degrees just in case
you have it upside down in your picture.  If I knew the area you are dealing with I might be able to find it for you.

Once you have found the site, if it is in same area as rock you will need to look in direction of lines on rock for other markers.  NEVER move any marker and take pics of them.....you will see more once you go back home and study it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg138150.html#msg138150

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

A Rock1.JPG

Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 11:38:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

If the Hill is represented as the part of rock map that has Box on it, then go to top of mountain and look for
marker near center of hilltop. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg139259.html#msg139259

Offline dav
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 11:22:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

I doubt if someone would take the time to scratch all of those lines into a rock for no other reason than a property marker. An X, initials, etc. would have suited, and unless they just had a lot of time on their hands . . .

The picto-map analysis is cool, and sounds like a good explanation. The four squares are probably properties, possibly 1/4 sections? I'd start with the shape of the current boundary and work back, seeing what was subdivided and sold off to children, neighbors, or the town in need of a new fire station. It's possible the person was describing their property, which may include all 4 squares or only some of them, the others being neighbors of the time.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg139765.html#msg139765

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 02:49:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goverton
Look around this area and see if a Hill is nearby and creek runs around it.  This may be picturing map of area

What absolute nonsense. Marks on a rock are not likely to be sign of treasure. Delusional thinking gets you nowhere.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg139837.html#msg139837

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 06:43:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hmmm I guess there are those who "cannot see"......
so,....take a look at this Rock Map and tell me it means nothing but BS lines and such.....Lost Dutchman Mine

Sure this rock he found may not mean anything ....to you.....but just maybe you should do some research.....

Books to read "The Rocks begin to Speak" by LaVan Martineau
    Charles Kentworthy's books
"Spanish Monuments and Trailmarkers to Treasure in the United States"

"Death Traps to Treasure"

"Treasure Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs"

Maybe then you can see the forest for the trees

I have seen Rock Maps before depicting the the terrain around such rocks...showing rivers creeks and mountains....if you know how to read it.  This rock tells you
what to look for and where to look for more signs.

Posted on: January 26, 2011, 06:24:23 PM
For those who are unbelievers in Rock Maps  Funny

Here is a Jesse James Map that was drawn on a Rock and then later traced or copied by TH who found it.
SO, there are Rock Maps!

Also, here is another Map on a Rock in an area you cannot get to(Federal Land)

Those who don't believe in Rock Maps need to Clear their head.....and open their eyes.....as you may miss that
all important treasure sign or signs leading to that "pot of gold".......Treasures are never marked with an "X" on the spot to dig!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg139901.html#msg139901

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

CanadianFoot with Star.jpg
RockMapInStone.jpg
map_7.jpg

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 06:44:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

How much treasure have you found using all the signs and markers

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg139902.html#msg139902

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 10:08:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hmmm I guess there are those who "cannot see"......
so,....take a look at this Rock Map and tell me it means nothing but BS lines and such.....Lost Dutchman Mine

Sure this rock he found may not mean anything ....to you.....but just maybe you should do some research.....

Books to read "The Rocks begin to Speak" by LaVan Martineau
    Charles Kentworthy's books
"Spanish Monuments and Trailmarkers to Treasure in the United States"

"Death Traps to Treasure"

"Treasure Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs"

Maybe then you can see the forest for the trees

I have seen Rock Maps before depicting the the terrain around such rocks...showing rivers creeks and mountains....if you know how to read it.  This rock tells you
what to look for and where to look for more signs.

Posted on: January 26, 2011, 06:24:23 PM
For those who are unbelievers in Rock Maps  Funny

Here is a Jesse James Map that was drawn on a Rock and then later traced or copied by TH who found it.
SO, there are Rock Maps!

Also, here is another Map on a Rock in an area you cannot get to(Federal Land)

Those who don't believe in Rock Maps need to Clear their head.....and open their eyes.....as you may miss that
all important treasure sign or signs leading to that "pot of gold".......Treasures are never marked with an "X" on the spot to dig!

Read for clarity. I said NOT LIKELY, not NOT EVER. The books you cite are all full of lines and drawings over marks on rocks. That doesn't mean they are correct or that they lead to treasure. MOST MARKS on rocks are NOT treasure signs at all. Get over it.

The people who wrote those books are dreamers. Just like you. Treasure maps are never cut into rock. That takes too much time. Rock markings are usually land border marks, signs to permanent meeting places like the village green or to a township. Why on earth would someone in a hurry desperate enough to require them to hide their treasure take the time to carve 15 rocks to point to it? It makes no sense and neither do your squiggles over the squares on a rock. Anyone can draw lines like you did and stand there with their chest puffed out. But do you know what? There still won't be treasure anywhere near where you think it is.

Like Seldom asks, how much treasure have you found using rock signs?

Posted on: January 27, 2011, 06:02:38 AM
Look around this area and see if a Hill is nearby and creek runs around it.  This may be picturing map of area

This is precisely what I am talking about when I call this stuff nonsense. There are very few places on this planet where there are NOT a hill and a creek nearby. Your analysis is just silly and meaningless.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg139953.html#msg139953

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 07:39:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

I see no sense in debating   Fight certain people here who have closed minds...."have eyes to see, but don't see, ears to hear but don't hear"....I don't need to prove anything to those people..... Mad  Hello

We as forum members should encourage other members when we can Clapp  and remember that at one time we were New at TH and needed some different POSITIVE opinions. Idea
What does it hurt or matter if someone thinks they are on to a trail to treasure and we can give them some advice and another pair of eyes. Cheesy

I will post a quote from "Spanish Mounments and Trail markers to Treasure" by Charles Kenworthy  Wise

"The King of Spain ORDERED all treasure/mine trails to be monumented according to Spain's drawings of markers/monuments. The Palace of Governors in Mexico City and Santa Fe (New Mexico) INSTRUCTED the exploration groups, haciendas, mining/explorers etc. in the basics of both monument meanings and map codes.

Both Mexico City and Santa Fe regulated and enforced the King's rule, received the King's 15% to 20% fee from the haciendas/miners etc., required the trail monuments to be built so that if they wanted to "inspect/check" the operations without notice, they could easily find and follow the monumented trail into desolate mountainous terrain. Also, if all miners were to meet with some great disaster, the King of Spain could again locate and re-establish the mine - or retrieve the hidden treasure by following the monumented trail.

Therefore, the trail markers to and from were required as well as treasure/mine maps. Note: All treasure/mine maps symbols/signs etc. were also identical in use and meaning throughout this New World. Also, a standard or special list of "measurements were used on treasure/mine maps because Spain could not operate with hundreds of different codes, measurement and different monument/marker meanings when they were dealing with so many mines in the New World.

If we think about it for a minute, it becomes very clear that Spain was extremely wise in requiring "special and specific" codes, measurements, markers and monuments on treasure trails and maps in the New World. Spain had literally thousands of mines (gold, silver, emeralds, amethysts, mercury, etc.) in Mexico, Columbia, Cuba, The United States, Peru, Guatemala etc. with many of them in desolate, distant and dangerous areas of the world. With such a number of mines they could not afford to have separate or different meanings in codes, symbols, maps and treasure/mine trail markers and monuments. Therefore, for example, even though each province/state in Spain did have a different "vara length" and the length of a league may have changed three (3) times in 300 years, but TREASURE TRAIL MONUMENTS, CODES AND MEASUREMENTS NEVER CHANGED.

The kings of Spain required "road signs" monuments and trailmarkers to be constructed about every 1,200 feet both to and from the treasure/mine. Spot just any one of these while fishing, hunting, hiking or treasure seeking and follow the trail--to a prize bigger than the lottery."

*****Remember this!   Most treasures are found by accident and not worked out with Maps and such.  Those who really find Treasures from working maps will not admit to finding them......Reasons?  Obviously keeping quite avoids constant contact by individuals "needing help" with their site, Govt. agencies ready to remove your finds to their pockets, people getting wind of your area your searching and start moving in on you, other searchers (TH'ers) come in and remove or deface landmarks, signs, tree marks, etc. so as to keep anyone else from finding them.

A NOTE to "Bassackwardst"    Keep looking and searching this area.....you may find something or you may not.....but by working it out and thinking about it(signs you find and what they mean), you may be able to go to another site and be prepared to look at things alot differently than all the "naysayers" here.  IF and when you find something, Just smile and keep it to yourself and know that you solved a puzzle from long ago. Need anymore of my ideas, Bassackwardst?, just PM me and I don't mine giving you a 2nd pair of eyes for FREE!  Welcome

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20702.msg139997.html#msg139997

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: