[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 02:47:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Check the world maps people, Spain and Morroco arn't very far from each other.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27016.msg194774.html#msg194774

Offline tesoro dog
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

295.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

tf-900
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 03:22:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Your 100% right on goldnboy, if the Spanish were all over the Americas, Philliphines, and some say Australia, then whats a cruise across the Mediterranian!  Great!

Take more pics of the area, and stand back a bit when you do, you want to get sun and shadow signs in it. Follow havens advice he is very good at Tracking, Looks to be something big here. I very much doubt if you will waste your time on any useless nickels, dimes and pennies here!   td

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27016.msg194775.html#msg194775

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 03:48:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello TD
 Check out the rocks in the back ground. Have a good look, there are some more marks. Hard to tell what  it is being that it's not in focus. It looks very interesting in my opinion   Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27016.msg194778.html#msg194778

Offline tesoro dog
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

295.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

tf-900
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 04:15:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

I agree goldnboy something more but fuzzy back there. He needs more pics all the way around.      Fight      Crazy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27016.msg194783.html#msg194783

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 04:18:24 am by tesoro dog »
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 05:38:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Always hanging on right to the last as if it was the last piece of Oxygen
and always the same people who could'nt possibly agree with anyone
with more knowledge like seldom or who ever, seems like your goals are
just to argue, what a joke

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27016.msg194787.html#msg194787

Offline TheBryantFamilyChronicles
Knight
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

DMT, LLC Radar
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 07:18:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have to agree with avision4u2liveby.  Who would leave a carved map in stone?

I zoomed in on the picture and it looks like someone reworked an older image.  There is weathering of the rock on some of the "X's", but certain lines look like someone chiseled with a modern tool.   This interested me, so I checked a few things:

(1) I thought at first it might be a flag.  But its not in the world's flag database. 
(2) It looked like a modern shape of a heart in the lower right.  The heart shape began to spread as the symbol of the heart back in the medieval times in Europe.  It started to be on playing cards about then too.  There are no heart shapes like this in american indian culture -- at least none I can find in stone carvings.  It has worked its way into modern american indian art, but I couldn't find it in older work.
(3) Since it may be my imagination about the heart shape, I continued to check on carvings by american indians and even earlier cultures and I couldn't find anything resembling these shapes. Then I checked to see the contributor to this thread was from Morocco.  So I checked for Morocco stone carvings and could not find anything in them that looked like this.  I also checked other stone carvings in northern africa and found nothing by early civilizations.

I doubt this is a treasure map.  I doubt it is ancient, but it could be old.  I think someone more recently enhanced it.   Since the Brits were everywhere in the last few hundred years, it could have been just someone making cool designs with the Union Jack.  The Union Jack came about by the joining of the Flag of Scotland (a white x) with the Flag of England (a red cross).  It was in the 1600's that the Union Jack came about.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27016.msg194798.html#msg194798

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 09:27:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by TheBryantFamilyChronicles
I have to agree with avision4u2liveby.  Who would leave a carved map in stone?

I zoomed in on the picture and it looks like someone reworked an older image.  There is weathering of the rock on some of the "X's", but certain lines look like someone chiseled with a modern tool.   This interested me, so I checked a few things:

(1) I thought at first it might be a flag.  But its not in the world's flag database. 
(2) It looked like a modern shape of a heart in the lower right.  The heart shape began to spread as the symbol of the heart back in the medieval times in Europe.  It started to be on playing cards about then too.  There are no heart shapes like this in american indian culture -- at least none I can find in stone carvings.  It has worked its way into modern american indian art, but I couldn't find it in older work.
(3) Since it may be my imagination about the heart shape, I continued to check on carvings by american indians and even earlier cultures and I couldn't find anything resembling these shapes. Then I checked to see the contributor to this thread was from Morocco.  So I checked for Morocco stone carvings and could not find anything in them that looked like this.  I also checked other stone carvings in northern africa and found nothing by early civilizations.

I doubt this is a treasure map.  I doubt it is ancient, but it could be old.  I think someone more recently enhanced it.   Since the Brits were everywhere in the last few hundred years, it could have been just someone making cool designs with the Union Jack.  The Union Jack came about by the joining of the Flag of Scotland (a white x) with the Flag of England (a red cross).  It was in the 1600's that the Union Jack came about.   

Now this is what we mean when we say do some research and you have started at the best place
maybe everyone else can make some notes here

Weldone, and agreat effort

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27016.msg194812.html#msg194812

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2011, 04:49:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

So going by some peoples logic we should rule out any possibility of Spanish influence ?? Only the original poster knows where is the location and the rest is pure speculation.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27016.msg195190.html#msg195190

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2011, 05:56:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tesoro dog
if the Spanish were all over the Americas, Philliphines, and some say Australia, then whats a cruise across the Mediterranian!  Great!

They Were not In Australia, Hey before you put your mouth in gear switch ya Brain ON.
and dont go making up Lies about my country, Keep your crap to your self.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27016.msg195196.html#msg195196

Offline tesoro dog
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

295.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

tf-900
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 10:33:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

rr  Just because I say that the Spanish were in Australia,, this is not considered a siimple mistake,, but is considered CRAP AND LIES Huh?  What is wrong with you, dont you have any manners dude?  And now you call me a LIAR,, if you consider yourself a moderator, shouldn't you show a bit more Class???  Why can't you let us discuss treasure without first insulting people? You are the first australian I have seen with this type of attitude, almost a though you are trying to impress someone.
   Now if you will allow us Treasure Trackers discuss our hobby in peace, we would greatly appreciate it. thank you.   td   ps you shouldn't call a man a liar.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27016.msg195226.html#msg195226

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:49:31 am by tesoro dog »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: