[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldHoundTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« on: April 23, 2011, 08:51:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All,

Just interested to here if anyone has used their AT Pro to find gold nuggets and what you think about the unit...?

I'm looking to try it myself in the coming few weeks/months and see for myself however would love to hear what others have achieved with it.

Also keen to know what do you think of the detector in general.

Thanks

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23107.msg165495.html#msg165495

"There's Gold in them there Hills, just got to get of your arse and find it..."
Thanks Mr Garrett, love your work...
"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 09:18:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'll be keeping a eye on this one.   Running the freq it does, it should do fine in all metal/GBed.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23107.msg165502.html#msg165502

Offline JohnHo
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 05:54:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Doesn't seem like much response.  I'll by trying it out for nuggets in July so you will have to wait for my response.  No gold nuggets in Florida, yet.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23107.msg166627.html#msg166627

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 06:35:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

True.

I will try it out in some nugget country in a few weeks time, all going well.

Just in the process of moving, once thats over will plan a trip to some local gold fields.

I found plenty of Bottle Caps on Bondi Beach, so I know it works very well on those...  Undecided

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23107.msg166634.html#msg166634

"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Offline JohnHo
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 09:27:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Look here, this is really promising   

Please Register or Login

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?70,1381581,phorum_session_v5=47306%3A516cc2e7cb83fc9a9e2afe066b583625

Posted on: May 01, 2011, 09:24:03 AM
That doesn't seem to work.  go to findmall.com and go to the Garrett Scorpion forum and a guy compared to the AT Pro to the Gold Stinger and it worked great in hot ground on a .1 grain nugget. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23107.msg167514.html#msg167514

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 04:53:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by JohnHo
Look here, this is really promising   

Please Register or Login

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?70,1381581,phorum_session_v5=47306%3A516cc2e7cb83fc9a9e2afe066b583625

Posted on: May 01, 2011, 09:24:03 AM
That doesn't seem to work.  go to findmall.com and go to the Garrett Scorpion forum and a guy compared to the AT Pro to the Gold Stinger and it worked great in hot ground on a .1 grain nugget. 

Is this the one where he air test, then sticks it on the ground near a concrete slab which I would assume has reenforcing in it...and uses a Ace250 as a base line...?

I really want to hear about and hopefully see for myself these things finding wild home less gold thats looking for a happy owner... :Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23107.msg167616.html#msg167616

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 05:02:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldHound
Is this the one where he air test, then sticks it on the ground near a concrete slab which I would assume has reenforcing in it...and uses a Ace250 as a base line...?

I really want to hear about and hopefully see for myself these things finding wild home less gold thats looking for a happy owner... :Smiley

This seems to be a never ending quest for someone to come here and tell you that they found truckloads of gold nuggets with their AT Pro. Here's the deal. As a next generation machine based on similar technology as the Ace 250 (see Garrett's site) it will do everything that the Ace 250 will and then some. It WILL detect gold. It WILL be affected by reinforcing bar in concrete. You cannot find gold next to a reinforcing bar. No detector I know of can do that. If you use all metal mode, the bar swamps the receiver. If you use discrimination, it hides the gold target. That's just physics.

You already have one according to your inventory. Just try it and see what happens. Do some air tests on gold jewelry and put it next to an axe head or frying pan to see how close you can be to the large metal object nearby and still find gold. You should be able to answer your own questions and become an expert on answering about the performance of your AT Pro in future threads. Easy.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23107.msg167622.html#msg167622

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline JohnHo
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 06:16:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks, I needed that today. 

This is my first detector and I don't know a hell of a lot about this hobby.  I try to learn by reading these posts and trying to help someone out if I find something he might be interested in.  someday your post may be helpful but not now.  I don't disagree with what you say-it's the tone that got to me.  At least the tone I read into it.  maybe you got me in a bad mood.

I field a lot of question on other sites about reloading and casting bullets.  A new reloader or caster can ask the dumbest of questions sometimes.  But I know I started out once too and asked them myself but l try to help them.  I think this hobby is the same way from what I have seen here and on other sites.  And then there are these. 

To goldhound;  yes it is.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23107.msg167635.html#msg167635

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 07:53:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Mate, it's not a dumb question, just repetitive. You keep asking the same question and seem to expect a different answer. The AT Pro comes with some presets that you should experiment with. You'll find out a lot more than asking people who either don't own an AT Pro or have any real experience with using it on gold.

The realities of gold nuggets is that they are not simply salted around in the ground in places where gold is found. Some people go weeks without a single nugget. Others find that lovely patch of nuggets and dig one every 20 minutes. That's more down to the luck of the draw than skill or detector ability.

Now before you get any more irritated with my answer, look and see what you said. You wanted to see for yourself and I gave you some short, to-the-point options for trying things out. It was 3:30am local time and the dog wanted his morning walk with me. I go out for a morning couple of hours of detecting around 4:00am or so. In fact, I was looking at the door typing as fast as I could. I wrote facts and nothing more. I was under the impression that facts were what you wanted.

Do you live near gold bearing land (Georgia and Alabama are both likely places)? Can you go in the field easily or is that a once a year trip for you?

Gold is so high in cost right now that you would pay a huge amount for even a small nugget to use in testing. Lead fishing weights smashed flat are a fair but not perfect substitute for a nugget. If you haven't got a real nugget handy, see about some of the pear shaped fishing weights and go at them with a hammer. Bullets are good for small gold simulation too. Pretend they're me when you smash them if you wish. I don't care, just have fun trying to figure out your machine.

And now, I'm off again on another couple of hours swinging the coil but without the dog who is sleeping soundly.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23107.msg167646.html#msg167646

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 07:57:37 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 08:08:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

John, If you would like to go to this place and ask Steve Herschbach your questions because he is a gold prospector and has
first hand knowledge of your machine, and then come back and tell us what he says, then you will have the ansewers that you seek
but dont for get to keep us in the loop

AU

Please Register or Login

http://www.akmining.com/forums/showthread.php/13-Latest-Nugget-Detector-Recommendations-for-Alaska

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23107.msg167651.html#msg167651

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: