[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline brotherbarrettTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II
« on: March 17, 2010, 04:07:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All...

Just bought my first metal detector (Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II). Was wondering if anyone has had experience with this piece of equipment, if so, please help me figure out how to use it to the best of my ability

Thanks
Bubba B

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12461.msg78728.html#msg78728

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
70%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 04:50:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Bubba,

I haven't used the Bounty Hunter, but the same basic principles work for all detectors:

1)  Read the manual (optional if you're one of those people who like to figure out everything for themselves and who don't mind re-inventing the wheel occasionally)
2)  Re-read the manual (see note above)
3)  Go out and use the detector.....and take notes (mental or otherwise) of the what you are experiencing
4)  Go back and read the manual again and see what it has to say about what you were experiencing (good chance it is covered).  Check to see if there are any video or tips posted anywhere dealing with that problem.
5)  Practice, practice, practice........both in the wild and in controlled situations (like a test patch).
6)  Be patient.....even if you're having a bad day (either not finding anything or finding a lot of junk) try to turn the outing into a learning experience (concentrate on things like overlapping your coil sweeps, or working on your pinpointing, etc)

Most of all, don't get discouraged.....keep coming back here for inspiration and to learn what others are doing.  Share what you can when you can and ask questions as you feel the need.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12461.msg78745.html#msg78745

Offline trapperman
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

sharp shooter II-garrett ace 250
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 11:37:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Bubba, My son bought me a sharp shooter II. I have had it for 3 yrs. now. For the first 2 yrs. I would get so mad at it I would just shove it in the closet and forget about using it. Then I would get the itch and pull it back out and try again. Finally I did just what Ba said. Plus I built me a detector garden I cut 2" X 4" X 1/4" slabs of wood then glue peices of different things on the wood and started practicing on them. I finally figured out how to use it. This is what I do, I leave it in the all metal mode. Turn the sensitivity up about half way, put the coil about an inch off the ground and hit the ground balance. Then I am ready to go. If I get a hit on something I move the coil one way till I get the best signal then go across it the other way till I get a good signal X marks the spot I dig. You have a fairly go idea what is down there by the signal you get. I also hit the ground balance after each hit. If you don't you start getting mixed signals. If I get a weak signal I will back off then hit the groound balance then go over it again. On mine if I try and discriminate something out I keep getting mixed signals. It could be me, but it works best on just the all metal mode. I hope this helps you. I use mine all the time now. Last weekend I was on a old freight road that I found out in the middle of no where. I found Bullet brass from Peters 25-35, an ox shoe, 2 mule shoes some harness buckles and some stuff that I don't know what it is. But I had a great time.

DAN F.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12461.msg80594.html#msg80594

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: