[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline markgTopic starter
Bronze Member

F75 finds for 6 months.
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

750.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: October 21, 2010, 02:05:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

My hunting buddies and I got out for a little target comparisons tonight and,

We compared three different signals all of which were first found by the V3i. The first was a bouncer,
having my machine set to 4H tones it sounded awful so I switched to 2F
and got a better sounding tone, but the VDI indicated trash, but it
turned out to be a mercury dime at 7" deep. The next signal gave a more
consistent VDI and sounded better (still kind of scratchy) in both 2F and 4H tones and it turned out to be a common date
wheat penny at 6" deep. Now the last target was also analyzed by the
V3i, DFX and my LTD. This time the LTD gave a better pinpoint, but the
VDI was terrible and sounded kind of scratchy (would not repeat very often even in 2F), I thought it could be a coin or a nail but it sounded like trash and the DFX agreed, it turned out to be a 1879 Indian head (slightly on edge) about 7" deep.

Did find out that coal cinder waste was also dumped at this site but many years ago. Pumping the coil usually causes the FEO meter to max out. I'm sure that affects the whole game. Our next trip to this site will demand more detailed settings adjustments. The only thing I didn't change was the frequencies (because the machine was very stable) and the ground balance which I think might just be where I need to focus a lot of my attention on. Now mono tone gave the most consistent sound but I find it hard to hunt in real trashy areas in mono tone mode. One thing I noticed was that the depth readings on my LTD were about 3" off on the high side. Each target read either 10 or 11 inches deep, not sure why that is either.
As a final note, the V3i gave the best audio of all three machines. And yes the V3i was turned off each time we compared signals.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18700.msg121942.html#msg121942

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: