[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline MorrisTopic starter
Pull Tab

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White, BountyHunter, Fisher
« on: March 01, 2010, 10:31:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

I just ordered a cheep set of cordless Sentry headphones for my detector on Friday. Has anyone tried a set of these out? I have seen both good reports and bad reports on them. I figured 20 dollars is cheep enough price to try them out. I believe they have Mono/Stereo switch and a Volume control. When they come in I will test them out and let you all know how they work. If they work my biggest consern is if there is any lag time.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sentry-HO900-Wireless-Headphones/5184024

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11894.msg76715.html#msg76715

Offline Bugar
Silver Member

IF IT BEEPS=DIGIT
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

505.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Scorpion,Garrett Master Hunter,And Garrett Scorpion #2
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 02:31:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I figure for 20 bucks , that's what you got 20 dollar headphones, I never messed with them myself, I don't mind the cord, never have, and probly never will,  good luck anyway and HH Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11894.msg76757.html#msg76757

If It Beeps=DIGIT

Offline pescadore
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites M6 and MXT
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 02:48:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

They look interesting.  When you get them, post up how they work.  I wonder how long the batteries last?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11894.msg76762.html#msg76762

Whites MXT, Modded M6, SEF coils, X pointer, Lesche shovel and hand digger

Offline MorrisTopic starter
Pull Tab

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White, BountyHunter, Fisher
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 03:29:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

From what I have read the headphone batteries last ok but the transmitter 9V battery runs out fast. Some said a couple of hours for the 9V and they need to be changed. Some said longer. I have rechargables so that doesn't matter to me so much.

I don't even use headphones that much. I use them when in town in the park or somewhere else there are people in the area that I don't want to disturb. Both my detectors have fixed volume. The little earplug/button phones never stay put in my ears and are a hinderance for me. I don't need quality sound because I don't intend to use them for music. 20 buck sound will problaby suite me fine as long as it has a volume control on the head set.

I will let you all know what my opinion is of them after they get here and I try them out. I will try them out on the detector and also a stereo sytem so I can judge the quality for other uses.

The headsets came in today. I tried them out and they work great. The only thing I will need is a 1 foot long (1/8") Stereo Male To Male Cable.  I found the cord on Amazon. Their Long cord and adapter makes it pretty bulky.
Depending on your detector you will have to figure out what length cable you will need. I am mounting it on the back of my White Classic 5ID. I will have to make a small bracket to install the transmitter onto the back of the harm rest with some Velcro. It will be out of the way and should balance pretty good.
The sound is good. There is a volume control. The head set is very comfortable and light and it seems to block out plenty of outside sound. There is a light on both the headset and the Transmitter that shows if is off or on.  It is still pretty cold here and lots of snow so I will not be testing the battery life anytime soon. I have read that the head set last a long time but one might want to get some rechargeable 9Volts for the Transmitter. You may not get a whole days of metal detecting with the Transmitter from what I have read.  I will not be using the head set all the time. It is for only when people are around in the area that I do not want to disturb. For myself I really like the idea of being able to set the detector down and not having to take the head set off or having a cord in the way.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11894.msg77473.html#msg77473

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: