[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Paul ATopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: May 14, 2010, 09:21:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

Just Wondering,
With the current price of gold so high does anyone think their governments might start taking a snoop into our hobby and create new stricter laws?
I heard something along these lines from a guy who works for our Civil Service.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14439.msg92389.html#msg92389

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
78%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 10:26:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

expect the government (regardless of the country) to snoop and regulate anyplace and anything if it thinks it can squeeze a bit out of without raising a ruckus from the general public (and if it CAN raise a ruckus demanding something be done about the "pirates" and "looters" and "cultural thieves", so much the better)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14439.msg92395.html#msg92395

Offline bigwater
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 10:45:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

I pulled about 1/4 ounce out of the creek in a little over 2 hours last weekend.  By my figuring, that's about 300 bucks worth at today's prices.  Am I going to sell it and give the government a share in taxes?  Hell no.  It's going in the mason jar with the rest of the gold I've found in the past.  In the US it isn't income until you trade it for cash.  Gold is just a commodity, although a valuable commodity, since the US is no longer on the gold standard for it's monetary system.  There's no legal requirement or need to report it as income until you sell it.  I'm not planning on selling mine ever.  When the economy completely collapses, I'll use it to trade for goods and services like our forefathers did.  If the economy happens to last through the rest of my lifetime, then the kids are gonna get a couple of mason jars full of gold, and they can do whatever they want with it.

That is of course unless I hit a major strike.  If I find that 10" thick vein that runs for 200' and can make myself rich for life off of it, I'll gladly close down my shop and start writing tax checks to the government.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14439.msg92400.html#msg92400

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 10:48:43 am by bigwater »

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Offline mikeK
Silver Member

purrrr
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

2940.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1266 and f2
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 12:17:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by nindza bleja
Grin Grin Grin Grin
sorry but what type of comment is that,before I put some thing like that on a tread,I would rather make no comment,
mike
Ive got ca 40g in gold, from 10k to18k and a 2g 24k ring,was thinking of selling,but I dont need to,like bigwater said its diffrent if you need too,would get ca ?250-300 for it,must have about 80g of silver,rings,chains earrings ect,but its part of my collection,the good silver coins are some thing different,there good to have,and I enjoy looking at them every now and then,ok If I was to find a nice rock set in platnum worth a few grand I would most certainly take the cash for it
mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14439.msg92411.html#msg92411

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
78%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 12:29:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Strange thing about governments is that it doesn't necessarily have to be "income" for them to figure out a way to interfere in it and make money from it.....they could just severely restrict the hunting areas and require expensive licenses to legally participate in treasure hunting and/or prospecting---with or without a metal detector.

(not that I expect things to get that drastic, but I am enough of a realist to know what is possible, even if it isn't likely)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14439.msg92413.html#msg92413

Offline mikeK
Silver Member

purrrr
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

2940.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1266 and f2
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 12:34:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

whats the problem in the US when selling your gold??,its no problem over here,its cash over the counter and thats it,
mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14439.msg92415.html#msg92415

Offline bigwater
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 07:01:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Current law in the US is that any transcaction between a vendor and a customer that exceeds $600 requires the business to obtain a certain form (W9) from the seller, and then submit a certain different form (1099) to the seller at the end of the year showing how much the customer paid that vendor for tax purposes.  That $600 is cumulative though, so if you bring me $2 worth of gold per day every day during the year, I'll have to issue you a 1099 at the end of the year in order to stay in compliance with our highly complex and completely idiotic tax code, and you'll have to pay taxes on everything I give you for your gold.  Don't sell it though, and there's no way they can tax it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14439.msg92487.html#msg92487

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 07:32:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gold is Gold and has never gone up or down in price.

It's the Dollar that is taking the shit.

Please Register or Login

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6NfXk7Bvc8#noexternalembed

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14439.msg92496.html#msg92496

Offline bigwater
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 01:24:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Right to a certain extent... and that is what I had insinuated in my earlier post.  Gold has an intrinsic value due to it's rarity.  The "value" of gold may actually slightly decrease with time due to how much of it is available though.  As more is pulled out of the ground, there is more to go around, so it's value is naturally depreciated, albeit very slowly because there's not a whole lot being pulled out of the ground. 

Say there was only 1 gram of gold for every person on the planet, and that's all the gold there was available.  If suddenly somebody found a vein that was able to supply everybody on the planet 2 grams, the gold would be valued at half as much.

The "price" however is certainly tied to the value of the paper currency, because they can print the paper a whole lot faster than they can dig the gold out of the ground.  And the more paper they print, the more gold will be worth, because gold is a limited commodity and paper is not. 

That video was a pretty good explanation of the economic forces that drive prices, but it doesn't go far enough.  The value of anything is based on it's relatative value to something else.  The more gold that is in circulation, the more gold you'll need to buy a gallon of milk.  The same with paper, especially when it's not backed by anything.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14439.msg92550.html#msg92550

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 01:29:42 am by bigwater »

Offline nindza bleja
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Serbia and Montenegro

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

VLF
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 04:00:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

ok mystake but now I want to know does this metal detector working i found the schematic on net some rusian site.It is a Gold scan 4 i post schematic here and i want to help me with coil exsample,number of coils ,diameter it is a pi detector ?Se shematic and help,Thanks My english is bad sorry!!!!have a nice day
and that is see as Shocked Shocked Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14439.msg103791.html#msg103791

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

GS-4.pdf

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: