[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline kikmc5Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:22:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Only have been out 3hrs this month out here but have been in two stand offs with bucks. One I saw out the corner of
my eye. It was so big I thought at first it was a mule. I yelled at him and he just took a step closer. I stood up and banged my pick and shovel together and he and his girl friend moved off only to stop about 25 yds away and give me dirty looks.I decided to move on to a different area about a 1/4 mile away i had been eying. this time I saw the buck first when he noticed me instead of moving off he walked toward me (his little girlfriend was there too). Again I yelled
clapped my hands and more or less said shoo. His response was to snort and stamp his foot. Now I'm pretty brave most of the time but I started feeling a little anxious maybe sweating a little. I stomped my foot on some dead fall and he ran off, like his buddy earlier he stopped a little ways off and eyeballed me with unfriendly intent. I decided it was time to go. Concentrating  on the machine and the deer out of the corner of my eye was too much. I'm digging woods around the edges of a golf course and told some of the neighbors I found bear tracks in the creek a couple of times this summer. So Saturday I'm digging near the sixth hole near an old home site and hear some loud moving in a heavy thicket nearby I watched a moment saw nothing kept digging. Todays newsletter is warning people about the bear seen at the 6th hole recently. Might have to start practicing VA's open carry law.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37905.msg233719.html#msg233719

Offline caleb
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Omega, Lone Star, Goldmaster
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:31:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just start sneaking towards them, if you act like a predator they will run away. (unless they are in full blown rut at the moment in your neck of the woods, then they are utterly unpredictable)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37905.msg233721.html#msg233721

Offline kikmc5Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 03:48:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'll try it but I've hunted (haven't in about 20yrs) and Paris Island grad I'd like to think I am the predator. But They are
living on the golf course and haven't a fear of humans, unless your chasing out of your flowers in the evening

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37905.msg233729.html#msg233729

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: