[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline metal_inspectorTopic starter
Silver Member

Coin_Inspector
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

4353.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett GTP 1350
« on: October 18, 2009, 03:51:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I had been thinking about this for a while now.  In fact, I have a demolished house just a bit over 100 years old in my front yard.  I have gone out there before, but I think there has got to be something out there. The house was pushed over a hill and into a old pond.  But, the old pond's levee broke a while back, so it is empty, of course.

Anyways.  I wasn't sure if anyone had any specific techniques with homes that had been demolished, vs. ones that still stand.  Which ones seem to produce more?

I hadn't checked the side of the hill yet, where some treasures may be waiting.  I am planning to do a quick few hours sweep to see what comes up. 

I would think that most things would be damaged.  But, I see advantages to it and disadvantages.  Oh, and the house was demolished in 1996 to be exact.

Thanks for any info in advance.

~Metal_Inspector~

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8706.msg54566.html#msg54566

« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 03:52:56 pm by metal_inspector »

-"It is always the mistake of man to confuse insanity with genius"

Asteroids   Ballo   Asteroids v2  
Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 04:45:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Old empty deserted houses, churches and schools even farms are well worth searching as well as old pubs. In the old days I used to get behind the counters and often found a lot of loose change that had fell in between cracks in the flooring a couple of gold sovereings too. There was an old deserted house that I cound three silver spoons in front of the steps leading up to the entrance.
They bought me in a nice $60 from an antique dealer as they were made in 1850 the year of the gold rush in Australia.
On one occassion when on holiday in my mobile home I was asked to try to find a ring that the woman had thrown into an open field after a blue (argument) with her husband.  I gridded the area with no luck had a cuppa tea and returned to the area and found it $25 was my reward so who said detecting doesnt pay its a hell of a lot of fun too.
I also used to advertise to help to fing rings that had been lost in the water and i always asked the person to draw a picture of the ring before I took up the challenge.  In a way it helped me search area's I had never been too before and the $25 an hour meant I was doing what I loved best and being paid for it too.   

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8706.msg54571.html#msg54571

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: