[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline minelab50Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: December 30, 2010, 08:20:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The wife and I may go to S.C.(Charleston) soon and I need some input on detecting laws there. Here in Florida detecting on beaches(unless posted) is ok, detecting private lands ok with permission, and on city or state parks ok unless posted with restrictions. Is South Carolina law similar? 

Good Diggin.................. Randy

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20398.msg134706.html#msg134706

Explorer XS
Sovereign GT
Excalibur 1000

Offline pnutbtr
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F5, Compass Magnum 420
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 04:40:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Randy, I live in South Carolina and am planning to go to Charleston this coming Saturday for detecting and the Relic Show. If you are not familiar with the show, I will post the info about it at the end of this note. I am only a few weeks into detecting, but from what I have heard you can search the beaches, and yes, private land with permission. I also know that searching state parks is up to the Ranger on duty. Some allow you to hunt, some don't. Bring donuts. :-) Hopefully someone else from S.C. with a little more experience can give you more specifics. Have fun, happy hunting and enjoy you visit to South Carolina. Skip

The 18th Annual Low Country Civil War & Military Show will be held at the Gaillard Auditorium in Charleston, SC on Saturday, January 8th with 275 tables of antique weapons, documents, dug relics and memorabilia from the South's best known dealers.

Hours are 9 - 5 on Saturday and admission is $8. Early buyer passes are available at the door starting at 10 AM Friday and are $25 each. Free appraisals are available all day Saturday.

The Gaillard Auditorium is located at 77 Calhoun Street.

For more information visit our website

Please Register or Login

www.mkshows.com

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20398.msg135363.html#msg135363

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
72%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:11:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

On a more general note, there have been several posts in the past about HOW to find out what the laws are, especially for towns and counties inside the United States.   The search function is a very useful thing....look for "Ordinances", "Rules and Regulations", or even laws......Many of the topic threads will include a link that will take you to municode.com.  This is a very good online source for the city ordinances.  In most cases, the applicable ordinance (if there is one) will be found under "Parks and Recreation" in the City or County code.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20398.msg137725.html#msg137725

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: