[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dustcap
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesaro, Minelab, Fisher two box
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 12:34:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

This is the explanation of how and why I posted the request to stay on topic and it's a little long but here goes.

OK, so I read Dan Hughes' first line of this thread ?Are there really machines that can find small gold nuggets from a thousand feet or more away?? and thought this post had something to do with the thread title. ?  HYPERLINK "

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login" \l "msg118126"  Find Gold Three Football Fields Away! ?

Having only posted on this  site a few times since I joined December 26, 2009, 03:28:30 AM , I wasn?t aware that the title has nothing to do with the content of the thread.

The podcast Dan Hughes offered   HYPERLINK "

Please Register or Login" \t "_blank" 

Please Register or Login

http://thetreasurecorner.com
  is actually an infomercial. In it he declared that all LDL?s he had any knowledge of were a hoax, but does that mean all LDL?s on the market are? To me it is one person?s findings, at best second hand knowledge and not the determination of a product testing lab or organization such as Consumer Reports. 

I listened intently to his podcast three times taking notes and concluded he never had a LDL in his hands ?ever!

His entire audio report was probably gleaned from either old magazines or the internet. No harm in that, it was interesting, but nothing I didn?t already know.

?How do these things work? They use a RC timing circuit or a digital oscillator or power tube with mineral crystals,  etc., etc.? How does he know that when he never owned one? Obviously his report comes from statements attributed to unnamed sources.

His own statements are condensations of what ?an engineer said about Electroscope? or ?several years ago I saw a photograph of (an unnamed,) disassembled Long Range Locator.? He then reads the label that says ?opening the unit would void the warranty. Well an electronics engineer bought one and opened it and he found it was just??  In other words, it  too was a fake.

In every situation Mr. Hughes does not identify the person or persons involved or any source of his ?research.? He occasionally identified the product by name, but then makes the supposition that all products of this category are of the same questionable if not down right fraudulent status.

At least he isn?t trying to sell us one.
The next thing on his post is an ad for his book ?The Metal Detecting Manual?

The next poster in reply adds ?I have an underwater aurora detecting camera that I'm selling??
Now that?s interesting. I didn?t know there were any on the market, so is Xavier pulling our collective legs or what?    HYPERLINK "

Please Register or Login

Please Register or Login

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_(astronomy
)

I have never heard of any underwater aurora so thought maybe meant auras.

I knew about the Kirlian photography developed in Russia to photograph auras surrounding things in contact with the photographic plate so I decide to read on.   HYPERLINK "

Please Register or Login

Please Register or Login

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirlian_photography

HYPERLINK "

Please Register or Login

Please Register or Login

http://kirlian.org/kirlian_camera.htm

dougb asks if anyone has used divining rods as mentioned in the podcast above.

Xavier tells him to take it to another thread.

HYPERLINK "

Please Register or Login" \o "View the profile of BitburgAggie_7377"  BitburgAggie_7377  gives him instructions on how to get to the dowsing page.

The thread then drifts into the power of positive thinking ?also interesting but how does that have anything to do with ?  HYPERLINK "

Please Register or Login" \l "msg118126"  Find Gold Three Football Fields Away! ?
Next a few folks put in their wishes for positive thinking until mudflap takes a whack at Xavier?s offer of the ??underwater aura sniffer?

Xavier apparently got roasted and calls him a nut.

At this point I would like to read less infighting and more about  the topic ?  HYPERLINK "

Please Register or Login" \l "msg118126"  Find Gold Three Football Fields Away! ? so I begin typing a post.
While I am doing that   HYPERLINK "

Please Register or Login" \o "View the profile of Rational Observer"  Rational Observer  makes a post thanking Dan Hughes. I rethink the post I had just written and decide to lighten up by adding a bunch of smileys

Xavier takes it as a slam to his ego or something because I don?t post more often and blasts me.

HYPERLINK "

Please Register or Login" \o "View the profile of GoldDigger1950"  GoldDigger1950  posts ?Like the great rivers of the earth, threads meander and take on a life of their own. Diversify in your thinking, mate. Relax and join in. This topic was not about long range locators at all. It was about Dan Hughes' podcast. If you bothered to go and listen to it, you'd find that it was much different than you might believe. Go on. Have a listen.

I expect a full report in the morning.?

As I explained earlier in my post I had already done that but completely misunderstood the thread title ?  HYPERLINK "

Please Register or Login" \l "msg118126"  Find Gold Three Football Fields Away! ? and chuckled at his last line.

Then another guy gets to jump in and   HYPERLINK "

Please Register or Login" \o "View the profile of seldom"  seldom   states smileys are the ?most childish tool?

?Well I don't know who this bloke is but he sure has a hell of a way of making new friends?

Perhaps you would rather I post something like you did.

?Hi Mudflap
I'd spend my time hunting down nut like you and have them put away for good    INCLUDEPICTURE "

Please Register or Login" \* MERGEFORMATINET      INCLUDEPICTURE "

Please Register or Login" \* MERGEFORMATINET   
Xavier?

Oh, and is that smileys I see on your post?

Now that brings me back to why I posted on this thread in the first place.  Does anyone have any real, and current, information about this title ?  HYPERLINK "

Please Register or Login" \l "msg118126"  Find Gold Three Football Fields Away! ? If not then I guess it?s a dead thread.
-dustcap

P.S. I?m really sorry if I stepped on anyone?s toes, but that?s life isn?t it?
 Cry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18237.msg119630.html#msg119630

only with boots on the ground
will the treasure be found

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 12:49:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Son you is long winded and still ain't say anything but that you did not read the post. And as for friends don't need any like you you talk to much and say little reminds me of a teenage girl. We get along fine here without you telling us all the things we do wrong. But to make you happy all threads will start with the title "Once upon a time" starting now everyone make a note.

Posted on: October 10, 2010, 01:47:51 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOH  I am sorry  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Cool Cool Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Smiley Smiley :-  :-  :-  Embarrassed Embarrassed Tongue Huh? Cool Shocked Shocked Can you hear me now

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18237.msg119633.html#msg119633

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2010, 03:41:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dustcap, that was far too many words to simply say "Oops."

Like I said earlier, relax and enjoy this place. LRLs have been in my hands and I have some strong opinions about them that pretty much match what Dan has to say about them. And I have seen inside of them at the invitation of the inventors in some cases, and in some cases, not. So far, there's not a thing in them that would allow you to locate a booger on the end of your nose without using the normal method of locating it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18237.msg119638.html#msg119638

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2010, 06:17:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dustcap

Personally I think you should go for a few good sense of humor lessons and take some yoga classes too while you're at it.

By the way you should have worked out that underwater camera was a sarcastic re-ply. 

Xavier   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18237.msg119651.html#msg119651

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline DailyDigger
Treasure Hunter Radio returns in 2012
Bronze Member

Treasure Hunter Radio returns in 2012
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 4

655.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2010, 06:49:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Maybe I need to take on LRL's and Dowsing rods in an upcoming "Treasure Hunter Radio" broadcast  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18237.msg119655.html#msg119655

Enter to win a 1oz American Eagle

Please Register or Login

Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2010, 07:28:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Aw crap...... Was just getting ready to score on Xavier's under water camera and now I hear it was just a Joke .... YIKES!  I've been duped ........... again. Now I've got to wonder if this 50,000 watt LRL Xavier sold me is going to work  Undecided   
Must have stepped on someones toes,   Shame so will go back into the either.

I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread......... BTW, Enjoyed your book Dan.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18237.msg120326.html#msg120326

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2010, 07:32:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread......... I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread......... I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread. I will never never steal any thread.........

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18237.msg120329.html#msg120329

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline danhughesTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2145.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 05:28:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Dustcap,

Sorry I didn't see your notes about my LDL podcast earlier.  You were wondering about my sources - here's the guy I was quoting, and his tests and his photos and his $25,000 challenge and a lot more:

Please Register or Login

http://tinyurl.com/yb933ds

Enjoy!

Best,

---Dan Hughes, danhughesmail@gmail.com

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18237.msg124280.html#msg124280

---Dan Hughes,