[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline toolboxdiverTopic starter
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 12:47:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by LarryB
Hey there Toolboxdiver, that's a pretty fair haul of stuff. 3 SBA's  Shocked What are the chances of that? I love that little Colt screwdriver!  Cool Does it still work or is it rusted out? You certainly did have a good afternoon...

Thanx for sharing! Grin

One of the blades on the screwdriver is broken but the other 2 are in great shape

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1506.msg13113.html#msg13113

Toolbox's Diver Down
Commercial and Scuba Diving Service
Underwater Prospecting & Treasure Hunter

Please Register or Login

Offline Dice
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARRET 1000 U/POWER MASTER GARRET 250
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 01:52:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

NICE FINDS Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1506.msg13118.html#msg13118

Offline LarryB
Bronze Member

KoolyKanuk
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

3553.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro,Nexxtek,Micronta
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 11:35:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well now TBD, 2 outta 3 ain't bad! Grin Now I KNOW there are a pile of Colt Collecters out there that could tell you more about it or even perhaps offer to buy it from you. If'n you were into selling it. Somethings, well, a lot of times in my case at least, these certain items we uncover, seem to hold more "value" than mere paper promise sorry notes can ever try to come close to. Well, almost, I guess. Just to have it, is to love it. It's like, uh no thanks, I won't accept your offer of $10 US or $12.50 Kanuk, fer my first ever Mercury dime, even though it's only what you call, a common date... :Smiley Sad Angry   And I won't lose my kool and get insulted by your inference that like, everybody's got one of those. Tongue

But...Ebay ain't the only game in town if you do ever entertain the thought of accepting offers for such a nice historic piece.  Wink At least re-post or whatever necessary over to the find of the month or maybe we could even use a find of the week. Lord knows this forum is a pretty active place of reality seekers and dream fullfillers and a very fine bunch indeed! Smiley

About the 3 SBA's.  Have you ever found that many in one outing before?? Has anyone else in here?   Shocked  What were the years these were in circ? I know it was not for very long.  Were they fairly close (3 -4 feet) together or 3 different spots on the property?  Seems like a pretty powerful way to date this sweet site yer huntin' if you haven't done that already dude.

Have a great day,

lb

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1506.msg13150.html#msg13150

Metal Detecting keeps us young...
lb

Please Register or Login

Offline dr.dtector
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Gold Member

FALSE CAUSE A BANANA DONT HAVE A BACKBONE
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 12:08:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

HEY LARRY` i really liked the"promise sorry" note deal..lol ..too kool!

i found 2 sacs & a sweet sue b. anthony under sliding board same day~same hole~same bat channel~worth three bucks but the sound & sight that day was worth 100$

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1506.msg13152.html#msg13152

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

suzy b.& sacagewea.jpg

BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Colin
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

1253.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Shadow X5  Fisher CZ-20
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 04:18:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Nice assortment of finds!

The school ring looks interesting Smiley

Colin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1506.msg13158.html#msg13158

Offline LarryB
Bronze Member

KoolyKanuk
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

3553.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro,Nexxtek,Micronta
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 01:36:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

So thereTBD, were those SBA's found near each other or are ya'll  tryin' to keep that little bit o data secret? Grin If so, I dig but if not then share pls. pls.  Embarrassed Details, many times, are at least as important as the actual find and at times they outweigh what the find turns out to be worth when you only place a monetary value on it. Smiley  Most of us are now aware of how little our modern coinage is "worth" so we better be gettin' more out of our outdoor experiences than a couple a bucks worth of semi-useless cheap metal slugs/tokens, could really hope to offer us. Wink Kinda like where Jeff mentions below about the Big C note feelin'. Thanx for starting this post buddy, the threads are growin'...Keep rockin'  Grin

Quote:Posted by dr.dtector
HEY LARRY` i really liked the"promise sorry" note deal..lol ..too kool!

i found 2 sacs & a sweet sue b. anthony under sliding board same day~same hole~same bat channel~worth three bucks but the sound & sight that day was worth 100$

Hey there Dr. glad ya got a wee charge out of my word play on the moola there, bud. Grin These ones are of course 3 nice coins to look at big fella, as most here will agree, I think. Smiley  But ya know my friend, I'm so used to tryin' ta read between the lines, what's even more interesting to me anyway, is your elusivly casual mention of a certain, particular board, which, when somehow slid in just a certain & exact manner, did reveal there, her secrets for your swashbucklin' masterself to behold! Cool Now there's the rush of it,  for you to share "That" with another thread in here or start a new one even.  Cool Just so all your followers<me wee sef included sors> can have the hair on Our arms stand strait-up whilst we read, our glazed eyeballs, glued to the Doctors adventures again.   Cool

Yup I can see it all now Doc,  Shocked  Here we are folks, just what you've been waitin' for!  Bdrbdrbdrbdr ( insert drum roll here) Presenting, to-nites special, it's the next episode in the hair-raisin "Slid Board Tales" coming to you directly from the same hands that have controlled more wild ponies on to-days blacktop than any fifty men of yesteryear could do in twenty five years, in their day.  Grin Sheet mon, you got be tell da sleep bored story mon, hokay? Grin

What do the rest of you think of that idea, eh? Cheesy Anybody else dyin to hear that tail or not? Speak up if'n it's a yAE n even if'n she's nay... Lips Sealed Shocked :Smiley

Lb

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1506.msg13465.html#msg13465

Metal Detecting keeps us young...
lb

Please Register or Login

Offline draaiorgel
Bronze Member

a pint or two