[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tazlyon60Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's DFX
« on: January 22, 2011, 10:17:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm new to detecting. I have an e series DFX, and am wondering if I can use it to hunt around the Great Salt Lake. There's quite a bit of history there. Old beaches, towns, closed resorts etc. Many being abandoned since the fifties. Will my detector even work in that environment? the Lake is 4 times Saltier than the ocean on average. And VERY mineralized. In some spots you can walk out in the water hundreds of yards, and only be knee deep. I have a feeling that most coins would be pretty much dissolved. but gold should be able to survive. If any of you have hunted out here, or has advise, I would sure appreciate it. I have the standard coil, and a D2.
Come on pros, help me out.
Thanks
Marty

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20885.msg138612.html#msg138612

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 03:02:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

You are appealing to a limited group who have actually tried that area and environment. You are looking for someone who has an e Series DFX and has also got experience with the Great Salt Lake. If you find even one person here that meets those parameters, I would be surprised. Anybody else answering would be discussing theoretical limits and issues. You may be waiting a long time for an answer so the best thing is for you to go out there and report what you find regarding tips and etc.

In other words, you will become the pro with the answers in short order.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20885.msg139697.html#msg139697

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: