[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Bugar
Silver Member

IF IT BEEPS=DIGIT
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

505.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Scorpion,Garrett Master Hunter,And Garrett Scorpion #2
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 09:15:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Iv'e been doing that on all my detectors for years, and keep the test paper/chart in my detectors folder, seems all coils are different, in disc, or all metal, sens settings disc settings, and then we get into DD coils, shucks it could go on forever, I usually just test and chart in all metal,  and disc at max, and keep the charts= really don't know why= just something I do= kills time anyway.
I keep folders on  each detector, so i can tell when i bought it, who from, how much, what I bought and such Wise

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11805.msg76698.html#msg76698

If It Beeps=DIGIT

Offline occupantTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Land Star, Ground Hawk
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 09:51:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

That's valuable data, Bugar.  You may be just the one to answer the age old question: " Are today's detectors any better at detecting treasure than the ones from 10 or 20 years ago? Or, are the newer ones just more entertaining with screens and lots of tones?" What is your experience with the machines of the 80's and 90's?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11805.msg77857.html#msg77857

Offline Bugar
Silver Member

IF IT BEEPS=DIGIT
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

505.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Scorpion,Garrett Master Hunter,And Garrett Scorpion #2
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 02:52:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

OK=Here's my take on it, the ID of coins is better on coin identification, the depth reading a little better, discrimination, a little better, all this is actually just a  LITTLE  better, instead of knobs, we got touch pads, actually I think the adjusting on knobs is a little more accurate, than a push-click-click notch type.we got LCD instead of analog, they both do the same, but LCD will freeze in cold weather,  beeper detectors, theyr'e a little better than they were.
the depth of detectors is all about the same as it has ever been, due to the VLF, some deeper, some not as deep, =design=soil, whatever, OHHH  I guess they are maybe better, but in the last few years people are all sucked in on cell phones and electronic gadgetry, and the detector folk jumped right in there with their gadgetry, the big difference in detectors is the operator and knowing how to actually use it, kinda like comparing a chevrolet to a ford, some things better, some no better, I think mebbe a little better, but are they worth the mega percentage price increase, they are somewhat better, a lot prettier, lighter, and more EXPENSIVE, but all the efficiency, and electronics is of no use when you cannot read or figure out the 72 page manual, or don't know how to use it, really theyr'e not worth the price we pay, but, well,, we all gotta have a hobby Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11805.msg77902.html#msg77902

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

relikin0001.jpg

If It Beeps=DIGIT

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: