[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 11:33:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

I too think I will stay with Garrett or Whites!   Gotta keep making something in the States!

Damn!   I drive a KIA! Shocked

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3692.msg26310.html#msg26310

Offline Eugene52Topic starter
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 12:26:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Everyone . This Topic is too let everyone know that in a few years , overseas competition is on the way , so Whites/Minelab/Fisher might have to drop their prices to remain competetive . I love my country and I still believe in good old fashion competion , not Corporate Greed / Takeovers and Price control .....CEO's are a big part of our current Economic Disaster !!!  Shocked

Best Regards...................Eugene52

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3692.msg26378.html#msg26378

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline com.service@live.com
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Goldmaster V/Sat
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 02:02:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, I have been in Electronics all my life and when it comes to detectors they are not complex, but when you buy an American made unit at least you can get it serviced. I had to send my Whites in as it was drifting and they only charged me $45.00 for the repair and return freight so I thought it was a fair price. It would be nice to have some schematics for the popular units so we could repair our own in the field. I have hunted for schematics for some of the major brands and have not found any to be available. I get enough stuff made in China when I go to Wal Mart !!
BD

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3692.msg26391.html#msg26391

Offline downunder Trav
Copper Member

got the gold fever
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

276.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

dual power, minelab musketeer advantage
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 08:32:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

one thing I will say here in australia we get a lot of chinese made products and fair enough they do the same thing as the australian made or american or europeanfor that matter. HOWEVER you can almost certainly guarantee that the build quality is not as strong and almost always the chinese crud will fail, if not prematurely most definitely well before the non chinese equivalent. My point being even though they may make a detector that will get towards the depth of a gpx-4500 or a whites or what ever it will be along the lines of all of the other disposable crap that they unload on us to pay their workers 2 grains of rice a day. Minelab by waht I have seen of them make their products to last and be fixable economically sure they may cost a little more but in the long run it is an investment in a product that will work for your prospecting lifetime and probably your childrens and still work as good as the day you bought it. I am yet to see any chinese made product last for any amount of time or be worth repairing when things start to fall apart. I do believe that there is a call for the disposable cheap chinese crap like if you need a drill for a couple of small jobs around the house with no prospective further use in more than a year. but when it comes to something that could mean the difference between a good weekend prospecting or a complete waste of fuel time and no finds I know what I would choose.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3692.msg26439.html#msg26439

Gold Member

Happy

Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 10:45:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by downunder Trav
one thing I will say here in australia we get a lot of chinese made products and fair enough they do the same thing as the australian made or american or europeanfor that matter. HOWEVER you can almost certainly guarantee that the build quality is not as strong and almost always the chinese crud will fail, if not prematurely most definitely well before the non chinese equivalent. My point being even though they may make a detector that will get towards the depth of a gpx-4500 or a whites or what ever it will be along the lines of all of the other disposable crap that they unload on us to pay their workers 2 grains of rice a day. Minelab by waht I have seen of them make their products to last and be fixable economically sure they may cost a little more but in the long run it is an investment in a product that will work for your prospecting lifetime and probably your childrens and still work as good as the day you bought it. I am yet to see any chinese made product last for any amount of time or be worth repairing when things start to fall apart. I do believe that there is a call for the disposable cheap chinese crap like if you need a drill for a couple of small jobs around the house with no prospective further use in more than a year. but when it comes to something that could mean the difference between a good weekend prospecting or a complete waste of fuel time and no finds I know what I would choose.

Hello downunder Trav , Thank-You for your comments. You are correct , the Chinese have a long ways to go . But I hope the day will come very soon , when some overseas competion cuts the price on U.S. made Metal Detectors in half , if not they can close their doors !!!!!!!!

Shocked :Smiley :Smiley...................Regards...........Eugene52

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3692.msg26447.html#msg26447

Offline Sonya
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

md 3080
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 07:35:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have just joined your list and just bought one of these used for $100.00 Canadian.  (the md 3080 model). The man I bought it from said he had compared it against some radio shack models and his was more successful in finding some "planted" items.  Will be happy to let the list know how I make out with this model.  Keep in mind I am learning so may be some time before I know how to operate it properly (thanks for the manual download)  Is there anyone else on the list with this model?  Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3692.msg36171.html#msg36171

Offline yeye
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

China

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

i have played it
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 09:02:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

it was a long time ago,now,"made in china " has became "created by china" Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3692.msg36189.html#msg36189

Gold Member

Happy

Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 12:04:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Everyone . Lets continue again on this subject . This is Titon / Griffon / Srimt / Seben MD-3009 [5.5 khz] "Made in China" . Also known in North America as Fisher 1225x also a 5.5 khz !!!! Shocked . The 1225x is now discontinued and has been replaced by the Fisher F2 . Buy the MD-3009 if you can find one , get a Fisher 10.5 inch DD widescan coil and you have a Great intermediate level Detector . A few years ago I have seen the MD-3009'S going for $79.00 dollars but they are getting harder to find in the U.S.  .  Check out the photos:
Best Regards......Eugene

P.S. "There are some field test's posted on the internet between the MD-3009 and the Fisher F-2 and the MD-3009 won" !!! The MD-3009 was a much deeper Machine but there was chatter when the sensitivity was turned up too high ,maybe because of the cheaply made Search-coil or circuit was not aligned or tuned properly at the Chinese Factory .  Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3692.msg40701.html#msg40701

There are 5 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Graphic1.jpg
Griffon-MD-3009-.jpg
china3.jpg
f1225x.jpg
fisher_1225.jpg

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:16:28 am by Eugene52 »

Gold Member

Happy

Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 12:11:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Everyone . This is a link I first found a year or two ago that still works and has the specs. of several Chinese detectors made:  I think if the price is dirt cheap ,  the machines to buy are the MD88 or the MD3009A .
HH.............Eugene

Please Register or Login

http://www.beautalent.com/beautalent105.html

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3692.msg40771.html#msg40771

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:12:56 pm by Eugene52 »

Offline danwebster
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

2775.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites XLT  and  Surfmaster II
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2009, 06:21:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It would be nice of everything said MADE IN AMERICA on it, but it just keeps on getting worst! Cry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3692.msg41280.html#msg41280

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: