[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Smokin_CacheTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:15:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well my original email regarding Minelabs pitiful service must have been post between the 11th and 16th. So here is a remake with some disheartening efforts by Kellyco with an 8X6 SEF

I called Minelab on Tues the 9th in the afternoon. I was to recieve a call back from the E-trac guru within 48hrs. Well this afternoon will make it 240hrs and I haven't heard squat from them. Is it wrong of me to expect them to follow through on what they told me?

Now to add Kellyco to this. Up to this point Kellyco has been great other than their online chat. If they don't reply and it asks you to enter your info so they can contact you later don't bother. Just pick up the phone and call them.

When I ordered my E-trac I also ordered an 8X6 SEF. The first I went to use it I noticed the the strain relief on the coil was broken. Now there is no way that I could see to replace it with out unsoldering one end of the wire. Which I almost did because frankly the strain relief used on it does not appear to be the best quality, but I am new to MDing so maybe this is MDing?s version of quality. After all this I thought wait a minute I just paid good money for this I should just send it back so as not to void the warranty. So I called and it was no problem, just send it back, there are some one the shelf the minute we get it I will have another one sent out to you. Wonderful!! Kellyco to the rescue.

So I call today to check on it since it was delivered to them on the 17th before 10am. Yep we got it and it was processed today. Hmm 17th ahhhhh 19th seems a little slow but what do I know. I was just told it would go out the minute the old one was received. But hey they have been great so far no big deal. Then the kicker. Oh that coil is on backorder. So I asked well do you have an estimated time frame. And the reply, No.

After hanging up I got more aggravated and wanted to ask the gentleman who wrote the RMA why there was not a coil waiting on my RMA to arrive. The same lady I spoke to answered the phone so I asked if I could talk to the gentleman who issued the RMA. Her response was ?Well, Why?

At this moment in time I am not very happy with Kellyco or Minelab and truthfully I am regretting deciding on either one of them.

I have been having a blast hunting some old schools the past few days, but would really like that smaller coil to try at them.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12531.msg79227.html#msg79227

« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:20:57 pm by Smokin_Cache »
Offline howard44mag
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab sovereign gt, garrett gti2500,whites classic id,bounty hunter
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 06:41:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hi smokin, purchased 4 detectors from kellyco beginning of feb. did not receive all my products until just today, and this was after i was advised it would be shipped out 2 weeks ago. told me out of stock, yet one of the reasons to buy from kellyco is "always in stock". i finally raised hell with them and a week later i finally received my product. will never buy from kellyco again. its not worth the free stuff to receive rejects detectors and wait forever.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12531.msg79298.html#msg79298

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 06:50:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Keleyco has alway treated me good.

Talk to any of them and you will be taken care of.

MineLab on the other hand is Over Rated, Over Priced and in Turmoil.  They have sold out twice in the past years and I think they just don't have there Junk together.

They have one of the best PI detectors available to Man but Think there stuff does not stink and All Hail MineLab!!!!!

I would rather spend 1/4 the price and go with something like the Baron.

Please Register or Login

http://www.losttreasure.com/content/archives/treasure-baron-gold-trax-detector

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12531.msg79300.html#msg79300

Offline BridgeHunter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Quicksilver
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 03:18:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gald I'm going with a Whites V3 got a dealer and service store about 70 miles from where I live.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12531.msg81593.html#msg81593

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 07:23:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am really enjoying the E-trac, but I have not heard from Minelab and I am still without my 8x6
Called Kellyco this morning. They still do not have and 8x6s.
I called Kellyco Friday. Still no 8X6s. When I mentioned something about how long they have been "en-route" the lady informed me that were coming from Bulgaria. Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She told me all they could do would be put the money back on my card. I said do it. Oh the manager is out, he is the only one who can do it. He was supposed to call me today. Well guess what. He didn't call.

During one of the calls in the past I was told they were supposed to arrive on the 26th of last month.

Again I ask. Do I expect to much from vendors?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12531.msg83532.html#msg83532

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 08:11:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

BULGARIA??? Shocked I thought Codan (which bought out Minelabs some time back) had outsourced manufacturing to Plexus in Penang, Malaysia. Maybe they use OEM manufacturers in other countries as well. Hope you get your money back, and find your desired coil soon.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12531.msg83544.html#msg83544

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline okinaw55
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ACE 250
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 08:23:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I just recently had a bad experience with Kellyco as well. I ordered a sniper coil for my Ace 250 a month ago and still haven't received it (on back order). The first person I talked to about my coil seemed like she just wanted to get off the phone. The person I talked to today was friendly and helpful and informed me I would have my coil in two days. A friend of mine just ordered a detector from them and received a shipping tracking number minutes later. My experience with them so far has been hit and miss.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12531.msg83546.html#msg83546

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 07:09:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Mrs. Wanda from Kellyco call me today to let me know the inquiries into the coil deliverydate have not been answered. Thank you Wanda for keeping me up to date on things.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12531.msg85047.html#msg85047

Offline treasure_hunter
Foil

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 11:02:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

The SEF Butterfly coils are made especially for Kellyco and they do come from Bulgaria, when Kellyco is out of one, they have to wait for them to be shipped from Bulgaria, they are not made by Minelab, just like the WOT coil used on Minelab detectors are made by Coiltec, the SEF is an aftermarket item.....

Minelab was bought by Codan in 2008, Codan designs and manufactures a diversified product range for international high frequency radio, satellite and metal detection markets. They also supply TV broadcasting products to global markets and printed circuit boards for customers in Australia and New Zealand.

Codan has been using Plexus for their manufacturing needs for years, and Plexus is a well respected company in the manufacturing world, do a Google search on Plexus and see if you can find a negative link...They have won numerous awards including being ranked #10 in the world in 2008 and 2009 in EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services ).

Plexus has manufacturing facilities all over the world, including one in Malaysia. Plexus is an AMERICAN company, the plant in Malaysia is a Plexus facility, overseen by Plexus.......Minelab detectors were not just handed to Malaysians to be built.....

As far as return calls, if you don't hear back from them within 48 hours, just return the call, if I am told someone will return a call with in a certain length and I don't receive the call, I call them back....No big deal at all....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12531.msg85940.html#msg85940

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 11:09:24 am by treasure_hunter »
Offline hoochie papa
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

230.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 07:46:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I think most of the employees that deal with the public should be terminated for the additude towards the customers. I had problems with the people at the eye doctors the chrysler dealer and the idiots at wall-mart. I'm not an overley fussy person but I'm fed up with them all. Good luck and I wish you well on getting your problem solved.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12531.msg86738.html#msg86738

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: