[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline metdetdevlTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

90.00 Gold
View Inventory
KellycoDetector
WWW Awards
« on: April 25, 2011, 03:57:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All,

Kellyco is doing a forum member only special on the Minelab X-Terra line of metal detectors. The special includes the following:

* ? Your choice of One (1) Minelab X-Terra 305, 505, 705 or 705 Gold Pack Metal Detector
    * ? One (1) Minelab Carry Bag
    * ? One (1) Minelab Tool Pouch
    * ? One (1) pair of Eagle Headphones
    * ? One (1) X-Terra Armrest Strap
    * ? One (1) X-terra 9? Coil Cover
    * ? One (1) Instruction Manual
    * ? 3 Year Factory Warranty

Limited Quantities Available but we currently have them in stock and ready to be shipped to their new home!

Click the link below to go to the Special Sale Page on Kellyco?s site and click the Add to Cart to see the Special Buy price for the forum members special.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

Link to the Minelab X-Terra Forum Members Only Sale Page

As always you get Free Ground Shipping in the Continental USA, other shipping destinations PM as well and I can quote you the shipping rates.

As always if you get a better quote from another dealer on any machine, we will almost always meet or beat their price. Just Ask and we will make you a special deal!

Dan Gerrell
Chief Operating Officer
Kellyco Metal Detectors
dgerrell@kellycodetectors.com

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23159.msg166011.html#msg166011

Dan Gerrell
Chief Operating Officer
Kellyco Metal Detectors
The World's Largest and Oldest Metal Detector Dealer

Please Register or Login

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory
KellycoDetector
WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:00:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Due to another dealer crying to the manufacturer about how we were running the sale, we have to modify it, please private message me for the price on this special.

Kellyco is trying to offer the forum members some good deals on brand name equipment but as we all know one rotten apple can spoil the bowl for everyone!

If your interested in the X-Terra sale or any other items, just send me a message with what you want and I will get you the best deal possible.

You can always email me at dgerrell@kellycodetectors.com for deals as well.

Thanks,
Dan

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23159.msg166435.html#msg166435

Dan Gerrell
Chief Operating Officer
Kellyco Metal Detectors

Please Register or Login

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 08:47:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dan, Minelab has made it a rule. If you want to sell their products, you can only do it at retail pricing. The only way around it legally is to add goodies to the entire package making the total price never, ever drop below retail.

In my own personal opinion (not in any way that of Thunting.com), they are a bunch of greedy people there at Minelab. Their only redemption is that they make some really good equipment.

If I were going to suggest anything to you, I'd say not to give any reduction in price via e-mail either. If Minelab thinks you are breaking their rules, they might send you a covert e-mail to trap you. Be on your guard, mate.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23159.msg166576.html#msg166576

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 02:44:34 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory
KellycoDetector
WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:05:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Dan, Minelab has made it a rule. If you want to sell their products, you can only do it at retail pricing. The only way around it legally is to add goodies to the entire package making the total price never, ever drop below retail.

In my own personal opinion (not in any way that of Thunting.com), they are a bunch of greedy people there at Minelab. Their only redemption is that they make some really good equipment.

If I were going to suggest anything to you, I'd say not to give any reduction in price via e-mail either. If Minelab thinks you are breaking their rules, they might send you a covert e-mail to trap you. Be on your guard, mate.

All manufacturers have this same policy. It is called a MAP pricing structure. It says that you cannot "Publish" a price less than the Minimum Advertised Price. The problem is, some manufacturers allow certain things and others do not. As long as we do not publish the discounted price publicly we will be fine. A customer requesting a price through email is showing intent to buy and is permissible under the rule set forth by Minelab and all other manufacturers with the exception of Tesoro. They have an MSP in their contract which is Minimum Selling Price.

Dan

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23159.msg166615.html#msg166615

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 02:45:10 am by GoldDigger1950 »

Dan Gerrell
Chief Operating Officer
Kellyco Metal Detectors

Please Register or Login

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 02:46:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

While I have your ear (your eyes, really), is there some reason you don't sell Tesoro products?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23159.msg166616.html#msg166616

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline GoldHound
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 03:43:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

I could not agree more.

Whilst they make good gear Minelab's trade practices are another matter which I am already onto.

I find the fact that a product made in SA can be shipped to the USA and then sold cheaper to others around the world then what we can buy here in the country it was manufactured in. Again a say this is something that the ACCC needs to investigate.  Angry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23159.msg166618.html#msg166618

"There's Gold in them there Hills, just got to get of your arse and find it..."
Thanks Mr Garrett, love your work...
"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Offline GoldHound
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 06:39:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dan,

A couple of points in regards to Minelab which I think you should consider and have looked into further for all our sakes.

1. From what I have heard about their terms of trade and the contracts this company has been having dealers sign in relation to where they can and can not sell and how they are allowed to do it, you guys should be asking more questions collectively. I for one (and I'm not alone) believe some of these terms could potentially fall outside of the laws of either of our two countries.

2. The prevention cause that prohibits export to Australia needs looking into as a restrictive trade barrier and therefore against a legislated act of both the Australian Parliament and United States Congress in direct conflict with a United States of America and Australian - Free Trade Agreement (AUSFTA) as entered into force on 1 January 2005. A free trade agreement is just that, free trade and preventing anyone from trading goods either way is a breach of the terms of this agreement, unless they there is an exemption for National (Essential) Security, Intellectual Property, Quarantine and Agriculture, Taxation and some other minor issues, to which non appear to apply to Minelab.
Many of these exemptions were set out under GATT1994 which includes environmental measures necessary to protect human, animal or plant life or health.

3. Why is it that Minelab (a company originating from Australia) sells its products of which some items are made right here in Australia to Australian's for considerably more then it allows others overseas to sell to many other countries but then not back to Australia, where some of these products originated in the first place?

4. Whilst Minelab are not the only companies currently being looked into, their apparent conduct in regards to the above warrants serious in-depth investigation.

I can appreciate you guys are in a very difficult situation here as you wish to deal in these products which are world class and extremely good, even if over priced. I take my hat off to them (Minelab) for the quality of their products, however they need a kick in the pants for ripping us off.

There have been many company's that have fallen foul of the law's of both countries for restrictive trade practices in the past and when found guilty have paid dearly for it. This I think is something the people at Minelab would be wise to take into consideration to ensure they are not breaching any law's in the way they conduct themselves. I'm not really sure why they seem so hell bent on upsetting their customer base in Australia, other then to maybe protect the interests of some of their Australian dealers.

Lets face it guys these dealers would not have to worry so much about oversea's dealers if they lifted their customer service and stuck up for their local customers buy ensuring they did not get so ripped off.

Will they do so, I doubt it.... Cheesy

Keep up the great work Dan and stick to your guns.

From a very happy Kellyco customer...  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23159.msg166635.html#msg166635

"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory
KellycoDetector
WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 07:21:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
While I have your ear (your eyes, really), is there some reason you don't sell Tesoro products?

We do sell Tesoro now... We got the line in about a month ago... You can find it on our site at

Please Register or Login

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/tesoro/tesoro.php

or we have built a site for the Tesoro line at

Please Register or Login

http://tesoro.kellycodetectors.com

It is a great addition to the Kellyco line-up and we are proud to now represent them...

Posted on: April 28, 2011, 07:11:27 AM
Quote:Posted by GoldHound
Dan,

A couple of points in regards to Minelab which I think you should consider and have looked into further for all our sakes.

1. From what I have heard about their terms of trade and the contracts this company has been having dealers sign in relation to where they can and can not sell and how they are allowed to do it, you guys should be asking more questions collectively. I for one (and I'm not alone) believe some of these terms could potentially fall outside of the laws of either of our two countries.

2. The prevention cause that prohibits export to Australia needs looking into as a restrictive trade barrier and therefore against a legislated act of both the Australian Parliament and United States Congress in direct conflict with a United States of America and Australian - Free Trade Agreement (AUSFTA) as entered into force on 1 January 2005. A free trade agreement is just that, free trade and preventing anyone from trading goods either way is a breach of the terms of this agreement, unless they there is an exemption for National (Essential) Security, Intellectual Property, Quarantine and Agriculture, Taxation and some other minor issues, to which non appear to apply to Minelab.
Many of these exemptions were set out under GATT1994 which includes environmental measures necessary to protect human, animal or plant life or health.

3. Why is it that Minelab (a company originating from Australia) sells its products of which some items are made right here in Australia to Australian's for considerably more then it allows others overseas to sell to many other countries but then not back to Australia, where some of these products originated in the first place?

4. Whilst Minelab are not the only companies currently being looked into, their apparent conduct in regards to the above warrants serious in-depth investigation.

I can appreciate you guys are in a very difficult situation here as you wish to deal in these products which are world class and extremely good, even if over priced. I take my hat off to them (Minelab) for the quality of their products, however they need a kick in the pants for ripping us off.

There have been many company's that have fallen foul of the law's of both countries for restrictive trade practices in the past and when found guilty have paid dearly for it. This I think is something the people at Minelab would be wise to take into consideration to ensure they are not breaching any law's in the way they conduct themselves. I'm not really sure why they seem so hell bent on upsetting their customer base in Australia, other then to maybe protect the interests of some of their Australian dealers.

Lets face it guys these dealers would not have to worry so much about oversea's dealers if they lifted their customer service and stuck up for their local customers buy ensuring they did not get so ripped off.

Will they do so, I doubt it.... Cheesy

Keep up the great work Dan and stick to your guns.

From a very happy Kellyco customer...  Smiley

Wow Gold Hound,

These are very very good points and I believe that you should be able to buy from whom ever you want. You are the customer and should also be able to get the same price in Australia that you can get in the USA.

I have printed your points and will sit with the owner of Kellyco today and go over them. We are losing business because of the limitations set forth in the contract and potentially Minelab is losing this business as well.

Thank you for sharing this and I am going to do all I can to make the changes to be able to sell to any person that wants to buy from Kellyco no matter what country you reside in.

Thanks,
Dan

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23159.msg166647.html#msg166647

Dan Gerrell
Chief Operating Officer
Kellyco Metal Detectors

Please Register or Login

Offline GoldHound
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 10:30:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Dan,

I have already started by taking this matter up with the US State Department and our Department of Foreign Affairs, with some very interesting feed back, especially in relation to the number of complaints they have already received about this very same issue. The ACCC is next (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission).

Also interesting is the number of complaints received by Australian Customs about this particular problem with the importation of Minelab products. There are a couple of other issues with breaches across the board not specifically to do with Minelab which are also currently being pursued.

Very shortly I will be raising the matter with our PM and requesting that these issues be raised at high level and properly investigated, because we believe the key points here are as follows:

1. The policy and trade practices of this company appears discriminatory.

2. There appears to be breaches of the AUSFTA and as such:-

3. Contracts this company makes its agents sign could be fundamentally flawed, in that such clauses may not be lawful nor legally enforceable. Any attempt any company makes to enforce such clauses could well be highly contestable. And any attempt to withdraw distribution rights or agency status could be seen as anti competitive and trade restrictive in an open market, getting them into further hot water.

Doris has more details, I emailed her an outline 2 weeks ago.

Anyhow I agree we should be able to buy from who we like and not be restricted in doing so. I also agree that the company could well be loosing sales as a result and customers faced with such a price difference could well be opting for other brands without such silly restrictions and ripoff pricing.

Let me know if you need more details from me.

Regards

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23159.msg166715.html#msg166715

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:33:48 am by GoldHound »

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 02:45:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by metdetdevl
We do sell Tesoro now... We got the line in about a month ago... You can find it on our site at

Please Register or Login

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/tesoro/tesoro.php

or we have built a site for the Tesoro line at

Please Register or Login

http://tesoro.kellycodetectors.com

It is a great addition to the Kellyco line-up and we are proud to now represent them...

Brilliant! Good move! They have a tremendous lineup.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23159.msg166764.html#msg166764

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: