[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 10:18:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Goldenboy
You know.....That gives me an idea! When you search Alibaba for metal detectors, you get about gazillion results. Has anybody bothered to test any of them? I bet that some of these could be quite good but maybe much less expensive then our local offerings! Are we missing something? Looks like a worthwhile project! Maybe even an opportunity to make a few bucks....? Idea

I've been using Alibaba for years as both buyer and seller. Many suppliers/manufacturers there are genuine and sincere businessmen, but there are also the usual shady and dishonest characters.

Purchasing from a Trustpass or a Goldpass member does NOT necessarily mean you will get what you paid for. I can delve into my e-mail archives and yank out urgent letters from manufacturers warning customers of some rather naughty salespeople who have been fired for their misdeeds.

If you wish to make a test-buy, 2 things I can suggest to keep you safe (on top of doing your due diligence like checking in the Alibaba community forums for any complaints on the company you wish to buy from) are: 1) Do not pay by Western Union, and only wire in funds to a company account. 2) Insist on using an escrow service of your choice.

Once the seller has earned your trust and confidence, then proceed to bigger purchases.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9032.msg56689.html#msg56689

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline GoldenboyTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 10:35:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Hobbyist,
That sounds like very good advice. Now, I bet you have bought some equipment from 'your neck of the woods'. Any comments on any of them? Any manufacturer that you might recommend?  Wink

Goldenboy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9032.msg56691.html#msg56691

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 10:36:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Here's a cut n paste of a mail I received early this year from this metal detector company in Alibaba:

"I'm Michael Yang General Manager from JunHong electronic,Thank you very much for your support in the past time.
 kindly please note, Ocean Luo- one of our salesman was fired due to break our factory rule and cheat our company.
  now, hereby we state all his action in future is no relationship with UNI-PROFIT INTERNATION HOLDINGS LIMITED    & JUNHONG ELECTRONIC&TECHNOLOGY(DONGGUAN)CO., LTD.  
 we would not take any responsibility of his further Actions.
 For the further business, please feel free to contact Cherry Pang . or Me,"

Till todate, I have been fortunate enough to avoid any losses from dishonest people in Alibaba, and count myself lucky to have met the good sellers. I'm not trying to dissuade you from trying out your plan; just want to make you aware of the potential risks. The rewards from trading can be quite substantial if you have the proper supplier and proper market.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9032.msg56692.html#msg56692

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 09:22:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Goldigger, the Alibaba site is not so complicated when you sign up and become a member. You have to provide details of your business but nothing dangerous. From the login page, you can ask for samples and so forth from each other. I've had a buyer ask me for a sample and then purchase a large quantity of something I stocked. I have also bought some really nice items from overseas sellers as samples and in quantity. There's another site that sells direct from the manufacturers. Once again, you have to become a member and may have to provide business details. Only fair since they do the same on their end.

EC21 is the other site. You can go to

Please Register or Login

http://www.ec21.com
for details.

Well, there you  are... I have nothing to sell and do not need to buy in bulk... 5 or 10 is bulk enough.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9032.msg57149.html#msg57149

goldigger

Offline getusome
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 05:28:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

hey digger, i've heard of this "sample" thing around a few times before. i'm not really sure how it works though. i've also recently been checking out some electroscopes which a member here said were crap (might have even been you) nevertheless,  i would love to obtain a sample product. how might one accomplish that?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9032.msg64673.html#msg64673

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 06:12:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by getusome
hey digger, i've heard of this "sample" thing around a few times before. i'm not really sure how it works though. i've also recently been checking out some electroscopes which a member here said were crap (might have even been you) nevertheless,  i would love to obtain a sample product. how might one accomplish that?

Read the web page. Samples are available. Not FREE samples, but samples can be purchased.

Electroscope? Let me sell you a coat hanger for $900.00 that will work better.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9032.msg64682.html#msg64682

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline getusome
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 11:47:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

right on, thanks for the heads up!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9032.msg64716.html#msg64716

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 04:22:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by getusome
right on, thanks for the heads up!

No problem. Something I will relate to you as well is that some companies will sample only small quantities to you rather than one. I bought some sample electronic door latches and had to order 10 samples. Cheap enough but the postage on them was killer. I later ordered an entire sea container of them. The purpose of the sample process is to allow items to pass customs without duties while you decide if you want to import them as a business. That's the way it works in the US and Australia, both places where I import.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9032.msg64744.html#msg64744

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: