[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline JuggheadTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: December 24, 2010, 11:00:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Old homeplaces are my favorite locations for finding old coins, and gaining access to these are easier than you might think.  Small rural towns can be a detector enthusiast's paradise.  Most of my better finds have been in the front yards of homes built during the 1800's.  Meeting the homeowners is usually accomplished through an intermediary, and once they realize that you are a responsible metal detectorist, they not only invite you back, but will tell you of their friends and neighbors who might be willing to let you hunt their property.  This has happened to me so many times that I have to keep a list of names and addresses of folks to contact.  Never once have I been turned down.  Most people have an interest of what may be buried on their property, and are amazed when I start turning up coins and other items.  Whenever I find an item that may be of historical interest to the homeowner, such as an old pocket knife or watch, I always give them the option of keeping it.  After all, it belonged to their ancestors, and my main interest is old coins.  They show me locations of older structures that once stood on the property, and many times, even older homes have either been torn down, burned or removed from the property.  I always discuss division of spoils before showing up with a detector, and not once has a property owner wanted to lay claim to my coins.  I take along a second detector, just in case they might want to try their luck, and it's surprising how many people mention how they always wanted to use a metal detector.  Sometimes their kids get involved, which is always fun for everybody.  Of course, they keep what they find, which also is discussed up front.  Almost all small towns have an interesting history, and the oldtimers usually consider themselves local historians, which is a bonus for finding the really old places.  Be responsible, haul off all the junk, and you'll be busy for a long time.  HH.  Jugg.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20273.msg133392.html#msg133392

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 09:29:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

good tips and thanks.

Karl

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20273.msg133620.html#msg133620

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: