[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: August 21, 2007, 02:16:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

From the land of the Bluenose....

0645 hrs Zulu.....Commander in Chief sounds reveille awakening this poor swinging grunt from a cozy slumber.  The C.O. promptly hands out the duty roster and s.o.p.s which include an operational attack on the massing dinkies dug into the sand at various beaches and playgrounds.

0719 hrs Zulu.....after the three "s's" this grunt heads to the mess hall for a Doctor Seuss Breakfast.....green eggs and ham after kp duty.

0722 hrs Zulu.....do a boot and scoot to the motor pool to pick up  newly refurbished O.T.T.O.  For you non military types that is a Operational Tactical Transport Overland vehicle.  Got a chit for some petro from the automatic dispenser and mowsedy on over to the fuel dump to top up Otto.

0800 hrs Zulu....hit Canadian Tire for a three pack of Ever Ready 9 volt ammo.  Loaded for bear!

0845 hrs Zulu....set an ambush at a local field where some pennies are known to frequent and was not disappointed as I sniped quite a few of the little "Charlies" in their spider holes with the Freedom 3 Plus set on fully automatic.

0930 hrs Zulu.....motored to another ambush site near a lake and scored three "dinkies" at the water's edge.  Objective complte and I moved into phase two of the operation which was designated as " targets of opportunity."

1022 hrs Zulu.....returned to Otto to shed my camo green outfit and don the aqua attack gear.

1029 hrs Zulu..... did a sneak and peak on the path to the water which was lined with bodies laid out and the enemy not holding anything in reserve sending out their dreaded Rug Rat Battalion. I pointed the Seahunter Mk 2 in their direction and charged into the water with about half a dozen of their hardened troops hot on my heels.  I was surrounded and had only one avenue of escape...deep water.

1033 hrs Zulu.....enemy had lost interest so I stayed in the depths picking them off one by one... a crystal green marble here, a toe ring there and a dog tag that must have been hit with an "H.E." round with it's former owner no where to be found.

1111 hrs Zulu.....the hand to hand combat had taken it's toll on this grunt who needed to go behind the lines for some R and R and a hot meal.

1130 hrs Zulu.....crawl up to Otto and head due south for the Golden Arch.  Man army grub sucks!  March down to the barracks and had a cup of Joe with PFC Tim Horton

1209 hrs Zulu.....locked and loaded and headed back into action.  Another beach, another lake.  Where does it all end.  Luckily this area was virtually enemy free so I just dug in and bugged out sniffing out a few coppers and silver but none of the big brass.

1346 hrs Zulu.....reported back to HQ for a debriefing.  Xo wanted a complete after action report....yesterday. I gave it to him alright...but not the way I wanted to... as I got chewed out for being out of proper dress, an unmade cot and not having chow ready for the Commander.  A grunts life is a tough and sorry lot....but some one has to do it.

1530 hrs Zulu.....after action report of captued enemy troops and materials as prepared by Master Swinger No class Bluenoser:

Dinkie Chicom white  with "International Airline"  (how fitting)

Dinkie Matell police white and blue

Dinkie Hot Wheels, red and black 1937 Bugatti

Marble green crystal caught in sieve scoop action

Dog tag HRM serial No" 06751

Toe ring, low grade

Nederaland 50 cent (intel says this is a foreign advisor)

quarters captured=6
dimes captured   =12
nickels captured =7
pennies captured =41

Was shipped out after this mission to the gear in the rear to police a few ball games. My only regret was that my camera was shot up and I couldn't let you see the sorry faces of the enemies.   War is Hell!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2351.msg19019.html#msg19019

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 06:15:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Not a bad time.  Good job.  Good haul.  Loved the report. Grin

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2351.msg19021.html#msg19021

Stringfrenzy

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: