[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline rcf-jrTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: January 24, 2011, 03:42:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oooh my, what a statement!  But those words are not too much from the truth.  Just by looking at silver prices of today, and what the prices will be in the future, justifies those shocking words.

Typical silver prices have been 1/16 of gold prices.  That has been the standard for years.  Currently, silver is at $28/oz. where it should be around $87/oz.  This is due to the massive gold purchases around the word in lure of the US Dollars.  The US Dollar is loosing its status as a world currancy.  When the shift takes place from paper dollars to real currency the silver will once again take its place.

Just 15 years ago I could pop out of the ground a silver dime and it was worth no less than $1.00.  That was when the "Silver Ratio" was 24, or 1/24 the vaue of gold.  This is not taking into account the numismatic value of the coin.  Even as the Silver Ratio is out of wack you could easily make more money metal detecting than working at the average Joe job.

Don't go out and quit your day job.  But, if you have done your homework, there is no reason you cannot have some fun and even make some cash in your spare time.  This is one of the few hobbies that actually pays you.  I have never purchased batteries or any metal detector past the first one with my own money.  That's why you find clad coins.

Depending on where you live, or can easily travel to, and how good your research is, you can make some serious cash.  And if the Silver Ratio gets back to where it should be at 16,  that is at $87/oz based on todays gold price of $1392,  you might reconsider that part time job.  Can you picture your wife's/husband's face as you grab your metal detector on your way out the door and yelling "Going to work honey." PRICELESS...

Time is running out on this adventure.  The cream will soon be all gone.  For the last 50 years the coins that are receeding our hunting grounds has been for the most part all clad.  Those honey holes are drying up and no new ones are created.  Now is the time to get geared up and get out there.

God loves treasure hunters,
Roy

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20949.msg139318.html#msg139318

Offline Okletsee
A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug SE, Tracker IV
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 05:15:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank goodness people are still losing gold and silver jewelry.  And SOMEONE is buying all those metal detectors so competition will grow for those honey holes.  I unashamedly hope they get discouraged by all the pull tabs and sell the MD's for pennies on the dollar to us.  That's bad, isn't it?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20949.msg141313.html#msg141313

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:30:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well you've got a good point Roy i just bought a set of scales because i read on a web site that the Japanese are buy up silver and are trying to drive up the price which could benifit all of us I've found about $138.44 at the current price so far who know whats under the next sweep of the coil???

john

Posted on: February 01, 2011, 06:23:30 PM
Stock pileing it til the right time is fairly easy cos it's only once in a while do you ever think of sellin it, 10 or 12 is gonna get ya about $336.00 if you could up you're find rate the you do stand to make a livin at it. John

Pat it's not true i'm not buying up all the detectors !

John

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20949.msg141334.html#msg141334

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: