[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline FenixTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Spectra v3
« on: June 19, 2011, 06:06:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi there everyone,just sign in.
I 'm trying to find a answer to question how the detector with pulse mode such is SD 2200v2 or TDI pro OZ version are in field ,but with out the negative input of the other.There are reading on internet ,but usually influenced with some kind of comparison with other.I'more interested in field experience,setting and what kind of setting is good and in what situation,etc.I believe no matter what machine one have you can do the best if you learn the best capabilities of each machine and know your machine well than  with knowledge and experience in field gives the best result for anything.So basically even with some experience with VLF, I 'm at the start and looking for answers and knowledge.I know there are many detectors some of them are out of my reach,so usual question about GPX 5000 ,there are not what I'm interested in and neather comparison which one of them is better.I would like a pure field experience and not my friend have one,reason being rumors are the worst when I'm only like original.Forgive my grammar,I try hard  but some times with out the outcome.English is not my  first lingo.
Thanks
Fenix

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26055.msg182721.html#msg182721

Offline ......
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

1285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 01:15:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Fenix,

I have the TDI not the pro but they are not that much different.
Last year i was at a club dig in Bedfordshire on a Roman site with very irony black sand and very mineralised.
Gordon Heritage (ironhearted gog) on the MLO forum was there with his GPX 5000 and my mate was there with his TDI, most normal
machines would only see to a depth of 4 inches on most small coin targets .
So they buried a 2p coin at a depth of 16 inches or more, the GPX saw the target but not very loud , Martin said but when the TDI went over it , it was loud and clear. I was not there but i buried a 1p coin (smaller than a 2p) to a depth as far as i could dig , arm length. Gordon was not there but the depth was at least 22 inches and when Martin scanned the target it came up loud and clear again !
So i bought the TDI and am in the process of buying a Razorback 14 X 10 coil for it.

The only down side to the TDI is its not water proof but if you mount it on a harness on your chest its good enough for the wet surf.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26055.msg184195.html#msg184195

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Spectra v3
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 02:01:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Was not here for a while, thanks for replay. Could you specify the coil there use on TDi and on GP.
I’m surprise they go that deep, we have in Australia ground with  hot rocks and so far I use Spectra of course it is a different detector, but what I have  read on internet, because of OZ specific ground, the dept. on coins id (notable signal somewhere  from 4 -8” )with 12” coil. I pick a half penny on almost a 11’’ but I think that was more a sheer lucky moment of coin being in favourable ground and position favoured the coil picking it up. I’m interested to know which coil there used to achieve this signal on any machine with this depth ,wow  this  is amazing achievement. I can pick a can of coke on this depth, with normal coil of 10”, but on coin, no possible on my machine but again it is a Vlf. So if that is a correct observation from field than TDI or TDI pro is a excellent detector.
Fenix
 Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26055.msg188182.html#msg188182

Offline ......
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

1285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 04:08:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

They were using the standard fit coils, i now have the Razorback 14 X 10 coil and thats better for gold nuggets too.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26055.msg188186.html#msg188186

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Spectra v3
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 06:47:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Rich N
Don’t want to hijack the topic, but razorback coil you have, can you post what is  different  in field from a coil which is supplied with the machine.  Just would like to know if there are any  significant specs .In a AU  a distributor supplies the machine with a normal coil which is a 12 “ mono and Coiltek 6”nugget (sniffer) coil. We have a Razorback distributor here ,but he is somewhere inWA ,but so far look like I have to buy the coil (razorback) from the states. Would you share the experience on your razorback coil, I would look forward to your next post. Hopefully my machine comes next week so I would like to get ready and start sniffing with a pulse detector TDI as soon as I can with the reasonable coil. Yours  coil come as DD or mono? I looked  their site and they seem to use both. Here in Oz recommended coil is mono, but TDI can handle both. Would be a different experience and totally new for me from VLF, so I  hope to have a lots of fun and headache in process of learning the trick. But as they say, try ,try until you succeed and finally win the price, or its  go something like that.
Fenix

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26055.msg188189.html#msg188189

Offline ......
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

1285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 11:47:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

If you think that is hijacking a subject you should see what we are like on the MLO Smiley sorry now i am hijacking a forum  Cheesy .
I will be on a sandy beach next wednesday morning all being well and will be using the Razorback MONO coil 14 X10 inch.

When you find a contact the TDI gives a signal from side of coil to the other side of coil so the contact appears large so i say Get the MONO 14 X10  Razorback , its also good for nuggets , gold and the Chicken type Smiley , When you get a target with that coil back off the coil till the target is at the front of the coil then it will give a easier pinpoint. It does not normally come with a coil cover but i would ask for 1 , i have 2 too keep me going. Also get a box cover , they are tight to get on and you will have to take it off to change the batts but its worth it to keep the box clean and in nice condition.
Watch out when fitting the stem to the coil to as it has a tight fit and dont tighten the bolt to much.
Definitely buy it , it is better than the standard coil 12in .

Richard

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26055.msg188201.html#msg188201

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: