[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Mr MoseTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

M6
« on: August 01, 2010, 02:30:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Last night I found a silver ring about 4-inches deep where I went to school. I can rember all the other coin hunter driving through there and other places. So I wonder if I would ever find anything well like the other authers say played out,no way. So as luck would follow me I found a silver ring last night and an other today not 40 yards apart. all in the same area. I have not found but one rosie lots of clad and one nicle and lost it the same day, put in between poch and fell out somewhere. I also went back to another spot I all ways check out and yesterday found a large medialion of Thomas Jefferson and today found a LADY OF GUADALUPE medialion. I guess I am finaliy getting it I hope but I know much more to come in time. But it sure feels good to find such items. I just don,t get what the old metal detector hunters use to tell me. Ah you never find anything around here we got it all. But the authers say don,t ever think its hunted out until you chech it out. When I figure how to post pictures of items I will. Right now just happy that atleast I can still hunt. And to think I thought that I had bought the wrong or misled about my M6, man I am happy   Detecting Hello Teach

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16824.msg107995.html#msg107995

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 11:50:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Congrats - I've never figured out whether those old guys really think they found it all or just talking smak to new guys or trying to discourage you. Your post shows they didn't find it all - glad you didn't listen to them. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16824.msg108053.html#msg108053

Offline Mr MoseTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

M6
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 12:54:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Sue
And yes the old timer were like hording all for them selves one told me that this town was so poor that it had nothing to offer, which if partly true. But I am still trying to find more on my day off. And this ground here is so dry. just two inches down it starts to show and some areas its kind of oily and this is oil country but everywhere I ve dug always find deep glass and my finnnnnnds were deep too.Anyway still coinshooting later and good luck to you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16824.msg108059.html#msg108059

Offline shortribs
Bronze Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United States

1445.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher-Whites-Garrett
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 09:58:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

If you use an M6 whites you need a small head  a 5.3 or smaller as whites has a see-thru issue as some other detectors do too. The smaller head the better in trash.I am using a Sovereign at the moment and an 8000 teknetics both with 5in heads as I am a coin hunter.If you use a 950 head or so you will blank out the coins if much trash is their.jmho

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16824.msg110079.html#msg110079

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: