[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bucksguy81Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

200.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: July 08, 2007, 01:53:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, despite the hot and humid weather today (a sizzling 96 degrees), the lack of sleep, and my uncanny ability to talk StringFrenzy into hunting after he just got off work and didn't have any sleep either, it was a successful hunt, to say the least.  We started out at the local fairgrounds, only to be sadly disappointed due to lack of finding anything.  I think I might have found $.11 cents (dime and penny).  String didn't find much either.  We thought it might have been a good place to hunt, since they recently held a "Ribfest cookoff" there, and along with that, they had a beer tent that sold $14,000 worth of beer.  To me and String, that's a lot of sloppy drunks dropping change!  However, today, they decided to have an auction there, so, the cars were in the way and we couldn't hunt.  Thus, we decided to take off to the local state park on wonderful Grand Lake St. Marys.  Once we got there, we immediately started finding coins!  I ended up finding $.59 cent altogether, with a coin count of 24.  Not too shabby!  I think String found around $.85 or so, and had 9 coins!  Couldn't have asked for a better day, aside from the heat and humidity! 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2281.msg18675.html#msg18675

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 02:11:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Congrats on your good hunt! It's been a nice warm day in Bavaria today which made for a good change after all the rain that we've ahd for weeks now.

The good side effect of a hunt espeically on a hot day is the excellent work out you get for free Smiley Sometimes I will even wear foot-weights when detecting Smiley This makes up for the ice cream I grant myself as a reward afterwards Smiley

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2281.msg18677.html#msg18677

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 06:40:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

It was getting pretty hot out yesterday but the finds kept us going.  After the hunt a few cold drinks would have gone well too but alas I had to work.  Ice cream may have been pretty good too. Grin

I just settled for a cool shower then a few minutes of relaxing in the air conditioning before I was off for a quick nap so I could go back into work.I'm always willing to sacrifice sleep for hunting time. Grin Grin Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2281.msg18686.html#msg18686

Stringfrenzy

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: