[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline stringfrenzyTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« on: March 22, 2007, 05:56:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

What do our members think when it comes to detectors and ground balancing?  Do you think a person would get either more depth or sensitivity out of a machine that has an automatic ground balance or more depth or sensitivity out of a machine that has manual GB and is adjusted properly?  I myself think that the manual GB is the way to go as long as a person can get the hang of doing the GB adjustment which just takes a little getting used to.

What say the rest of us?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2068.msg17604.html#msg17604

Stringfrenzy

Offline Bugar
Silver Member

IF IT BEEPS=DIGIT
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

505.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Scorpion,Garrett Master Hunter,And Garrett Scorpion #2
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 06:40:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by stringfrenzy
What do our members think when it comes to detectors and ground balancing?  Do you think a person would get either more depth or sensitivity out of a machine that has an automatic ground balance or more depth or sensitivity out of a machine that has manual GB and is adjusted properly?  I myself think that the manual GB is the way to go as long as a person can get the hang of doing the GB adjustment which just takes a little getting used to.

What say the rest of us?

Bugar thinks it depends on the ground, and the mineralization, myself, i have never had a GB problem, with any kind of detector, automatic GB, Manual, no GB, Automatic tracking, I'v'e used them all over, east, west, south, ocean, lakes,mountains,wherever they was dirt, and so far since 1975, i really just can't tell the difference, other than taking the time to do it, had mebb 50 - 60 different  detectors, and models, kinds, my finds just allus seem bout the same, rite now, alla my stuff is pre set by the factory and work fine, I am quite pleased, Mebbe I just don't know any better but i'm happy with what i got and how they work, just the simple life, for simple beepin, for a simple  Geezer, and i have found enough stuff to keep me satisfied. Here's a portion of it, i got a few more boxes in the other room, Naww  I think GB is sorta like the balance on your stereo, some people need it and some people don't, i don't use it myself, unless the detector won't work unless i use it, but i still find the same kind o stuff,  IS IT ME Huh?  OR THE  DETECTOR  Huh?? Taaa Daaaa Hmmmm

To GB  or not to GB  that is the question   Huh?
Huh?
Huh?
Huh?
Huh?
Huh?
:Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2068.msg17605.html#msg17605

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

DSC00104.jpg
DSC00105.jpg

If It Beeps=DIGIT

Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 07:24:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quite a few finds there.  You could be right about the GB.  Or maybe I should have put it as a person wouldn't get as much depth or sensitivity if a manual GB wasn't adjusted right.  It seems like it can be helpful at times to have a manual GB but at other times would it make the difference...I think it might but then again who knows....would be interesting to know how much of a difference it does make though.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2068.msg17606.html#msg17606

Stringfrenzy

Offline Bugar
Silver Member

IF IT BEEPS=DIGIT
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

505.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 08:24:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quite a few finds there.  You could be right about the GB.  Or maybe I should have put it as a person wouldn't get as much depth or sensitivity if a manual GB wasn't adjusted right.  It seems like it can be helpful at times to have a manual GB but at other times would it make the difference...I think it might but then again who knows....would be interesting to know how much of a difference it does make though.

Last year, i was in Tennessee, at my buddy's house, behind where he lived was  some big power transmission lines, the kind with big towers that go across the country, dunno how many volts, bunches of wires ,BIG wires, so i took my detectors, only had 4 with me, actually got under the towers and the power lines, had a shadow X5, Coinstrike, a HH Wader, and a Garrett 150, when turned them up to max, GB or not, they'd go nuts, back sens down a little and they were acceptable, actually did make a few finds, mostly hardware and tools, some junk, but funny thing was, when I would hit a target, the chattering would stop, on all them, and stay that way ttill i got away from the target, the shadow was the noisiest, but still not bad, could hunt with it OK, but every time i go down there i experiment with different detectors, Minelabs were the same, soon's you hit a target they shut up the chatter and worked fine till off the beep area, used several down there, Nautilus was kinda noisy and needed more adjusting, but it was the same, i dunno much bout electronics, but i think it's kinda cool how alla the different makes quit the chatter whenever on target, and just backed the sens down just a little,  COOL  BEANS Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2068.msg17607.html#msg17607

If It Beeps=DIGIT

Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 09:47:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

I had been up for awhile when trying to post...I guess basically what I'm trying to say is that by balancing your detector when or if in the presence of mineralization would you in a sense increase your depth or sensitivity by properly balancing your unit in the presence of certain ground minerals?  It would stand to reason that you would I would say.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2068.msg17609.html#msg17609

Stringfrenzy

Offline Bugar
Silver Member

IF IT BEEPS=DIGIT
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

505.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 02:07:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I had been up for awhile when trying to post...I guess basically what I'm trying to say is that by balancing your detector when or if in the presence of mineralization would you in a sense increase your depth or sensitivity by properly balancing your unit in the presence of certain ground minerals?  It would stand to reason that you would I would say.

Aww  String i dunno,  the places iv'e hunted with and without GB, I really couldn't tell, only place i hunted that it mighta made a difference for me was where there was actually iron ore dust layin on the ground, and it seemed to work, but then at the same time m' son had a cheap ol' BH, a real cheapie, and he was findin stuff too, i really never had a chance to compare on my own where i was detectin and the ground, and finds were as such i could actually tell a difference, it actually should, but most the detectors that i used that had manual GB were more powerful than the ones that didn't, i think it makes a difference, if no other way than it is usually on a better quality detector, maybe, sometimes, so i really don't know, but it should, i think, it should be a deeper outfit with the , GB, manual or not,
MMMMmmmmmmm   whad i say anyhow,
It's like the guy asked me the difference between oranges and ice cream, i told him they were the same, because neither had very big bones in em, and neither grew in the ground or had to be plowed, or had to be born, he was really impressed  by my knowledge of vegetables, i know a lot of very important stuff  Cheesy
Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2068.msg17615.html#msg17615

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

I kin DIGIT.jpg

If It Beeps=DIGIT

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: