[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
69%

United States
Referrals: 0

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 03:06:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

congrats on finding the bracelet.  Truth be told, most users never quite manage to push their machines to the limit because they never quite take enough time to truly master their machine before they start looking for something with more bells and whistles.

BA

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15022.msg141679.html#msg141679

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 03:35:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
congrats on finding the bracelet.  Truth be told, most users never quite manage to push their machines to the limit because they never quite take enough time to truly master their machine before they start looking for something with more bells and whistles.

BA

Exactly, back when i use to hunt with a group, i was the only one with a BH all the rest had whites and tesoros etc. they were forever buying new machines and i was forever out hunting them. even though they had the latest and greatest machines out there, they never owned them long enough to fully learn them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15022.msg141693.html#msg141693

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline solarliving
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Eagle II
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 01:23:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

My completely biast position is Whites is the best period. I have never used the bh and I dont think that I will downgrade from my Whites Eagle II

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15022.msg156550.html#msg156550

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 03:34:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I own a BH Pioneer 202. Its real close to a BH quick draw II.

Recently had to decide on getting a new more modern machine(fisher F4), or a new coil. I choose the coil. The 10 inch coil on the BH will go deep on the target depending on size of the target. The BH lacks discrimination, and multiple targets will confuse the coil. Some of my hunts will cover a lot of sand and no beeps. So this large coil is perfect to cover a large area. But I am glad I kept using the machine I am used to, and got both the larger 10 inch coil, and the 4 inch coil. The proof is in the pudding.

I live in the desert. I dont know how the whites would handle the black sand and iron in the soil here.The BH doesnt seem effected by the soil. I find a lot of hot rocks. Usually finely compacted ore. I live in the Rio Grand Rift and silver and gold has been found here. I am looking the White GMT as a possible nugget hunter.

I have a simple machine, beeps with a lcd indicator. The machine works best with the lowest possible power setting and little or no discrimination. Lacking any sort of modern technology, I can still tune out pull tabs and just hit silver in the park when coin shooting. I have no idea what the whites is capable of. Im sure a whites could do as good or better, but IMHO you need the machine for the job, and the experience. 

I would have to question the whites ability in heavy iron soil? A more sensitive detector like the V3 would have issues, and I would need to see it work here in this dirt before I bought one. I would be more than happy going head to head with other detectors in a hunt to see how my detector would compare. I may ask the local whites dealer to compare a MXT against my BH.

The Minelab Eureka, and Fisher F4  seem to have the options (on paper), needed for hunting here. I have have a turn on and go detector, and would have to learn these other detectors. But if price is a guide, Whites would definitely win.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15022.msg156583.html#msg156583

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 04:32:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Casca the Whites GMT and the MXT range chew up the black sand and they even have a meter on so you can follow the black sand

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15022.msg156596.html#msg156596

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 09:26:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I dont disagree as whites advertises follow the black sand. I recently seen users post problems with the V3 around power lines. Too sensitive. I question the depth of a whites in heavy soil.

I recently compared a tracker IV and a whites coin master, and the whites had trouble picking up some of the targets laid out on the ground. The operator has a proven collection and was unhappy with both machines.

But whites definitely has more options, which means more finds if you know how to use it. The whites is heavier, and takes more battery's. Only the GMT has a high frequency for fine gold. The MXT Pro has a 12 inch coil, which should do better than my 10 inch coil option.

I know the BH will grab 2 foot or more down on large relics/iron. I was hoping a whites owner could confirm depth of a large target he found in heavy soil. I know whites is used by the more experienced in this area.

Im a novice and happy with any results. Christian post cant be argued. You gotta pay to play. My toy does a good job, and I am biased towards it. But I wouldn't say no to a high end whites either.

Comes down to budget, and arm strength. I cant wait to get another detector.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15022.msg156694.html#msg156694

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline solarliving
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Eagle II
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 09:42:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Whites all the way, the weight would'nt be an issue if people would stop with the Wanker accusation. Just Kidding
but seriously Whites rules Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15022.msg156699.html#msg156699

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 09:53:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The V3i is not good for prospecting, The MXT will walk all over it there, according to whites it is more sensitive
and has a better and faster ground tracking system and coupled with the very high gain it can hold it's own with
any of the so called best, and i have owned them and sold them on,

Posted on: March 24, 2011, 09:44:57 PM
My Mate has the Eagle II sl 90 and it is doing some very amazing things of late, it's 21 yrs old and he's doing
what most would think not possible, but he's just clever like that, It seems if there was one detector ever made
then that is it, And i'm sorry if this upsets anyone but that machine was bourne 21 yrs to early and it should be re released.
after what i've found out.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15022.msg156704.html#msg156704

Offline Silver Wolf
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MXT, Cibola, Aquanaut 1280
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 08:09:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

I don't want to come off as bashing a MD company, but I personally would never buy anything from Bounty Hunter. A lower end Whites will run circles around a high end Bounty Hunter, plus you will get great customer service. I bought a BH Quick Draw it worked ok for a while, but them I started to have problems with it, I called First Texas and they told me to send it in under the five year warranty. I did and about two weeks later I got a call from them asking for me to send them money for return shipping, which I did. I received my detector back with a note, "We have done extensive tests on this detector and have not found any major problems with it. This detector has been know not to run well in disc mode so we suggest you keep it in notch for all of your metal detecting needs."
This was a few years back, I assume since First Texas is better know since they acquired Fisher and Dave Johnson, but not a company I would pick as my first choice to buy from.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15022.msg160080.html#msg160080

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 08:42:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

What You Guys are missing ( I say resectfully ) Is that all your detectors are good, But if you want a great detector
then buy the one's that Dave Johnson has been part of, then you have something that is a bit special,
All Whites will perform as good if not better than all other brands, And so will Fisher and their off spring,
And the British C-Scope, and as I have said before you must buy the detector that suits the areas your going to work.
And i have stated that I bought a  detector a short while ago, Yes it was great, yes it was powerful, and it was the most
expensive, and for the area i work in, It was as much use as an ashtray on a harley,
They have many false claims in adverts and by field testers, Field testers will never write a bad report coz they won't
get any handouts and will never be asked again, Magazines won't print the truth coz they don't want to upset these companies
who pay for the two page adds and sponser their rallies, So to get to the truth you spend from $10 to $20,000 on these things
just to get to the truth, and thank God there are honest Dealers out there, Or we would be in trouble.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15022.msg160091.html#msg160091

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: