[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline meteorite608Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter, Fisher F5
« on: May 19, 2011, 06:46:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Why does it seem in the State of Wisconsin where I am from the DNR wants to stick there hands in everything? They have so many laws about metal detecting on land it is insane. I think it just another way that they are stripping our freedoms away from us. They have control over everything it seems and it is really ticking me off. Violent. I don't know just blowing off steam here this morning I mean its is like they are jealous you found something they didn't. I am all for preserving our country's past and places don't get me wrong I just have a problem with the DNR and there Metal Detecting Laws. What do you think?Huh???

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25203.msg174603.html#msg174603

Offline Steveo
Bronze Member

dug so deep I hit #9 coal
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's M6  :   Garrett 1350 :  Coinmaster tr : Tesoro silver umax : Garrett ace 150
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 09:50:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

I would think that most people would agree with you.Most of these so called metal detecting laws from state to state came about mostly from some bad apples in the past that just did not use good judgement.Trespassing,destruction of private and public properties,digging large holes,not filling in holes,leaving trash behind.These are all BAD thing to do. I really do believe that the major majority of the members here would never do such bad things.The regular joe population that has no clue about MDing only has to see only one odd ball with a detector and digging a crap load of holes and not picking up after themselves, well this makes all us MDers look bad in the public eye.Remember one bad apple spoils the whole bunch.
I can understand that the states just want to protect their lands and property.
Sorry to say that when laws like this is passed it affects US ALL,no matter if we follow the MDing creed or not.
Always remember,no matter where your detecting at someone is always watching you.
Always conduct yourself in a positive manner when MDing and this will make us all look good.Conduct yourself in a negative manner and we all look bad forever.....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25203.msg174667.html#msg174667

Offline meteorite608Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter, Fisher F5
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 09:59:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

I agree with you 110%.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25203.msg174671.html#msg174671

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 10:02:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

pure crap!!!!! it's killing me not to be able to get in the water at Devils Lake

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25203.msg174673.html#msg174673

dreams of the young are the regrets of old

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 02:27:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Laws don't/won't change until we get as active politically as those who want to shut us down are.   Politicians tend to go with whoever they hear the loudest and most often from (even if it's one guy with an unusually load voice).   They equate that with overall public sentiment which they in turn equate with their own electability.   Besides, they know that MOST people don't really give a damn one way or the other on most specific issues and that they (the politicians) can represent their vote as a vote to "preserve the environment and protect our heritage and history for future generations".

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25203.msg174772.html#msg174772

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: