[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline jimbopaTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: May 17, 2010, 05:51:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Detecting I'm a brand new user and am looking for information on how to build a custom coil for a JW Fischer 6x Pulse. Help!
Also, I have designed a method for searching in swift water conditions using SCUBA gear that SHOULD eliminate alot of the fatigue associated with these marine environments.  The best part: it's really cheap! Cheesy

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14546.msg93013.html#msg93013

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 05:11:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

For diving in swift water, I use a large plastic tent stake tethered to my waist. I stick it in the ground, hold it with one hand and detect/dig with the other. Works great!

For building a coil, invest in an LCR meter. You won't regret it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14546.msg93110.html#msg93110

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 12:57:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Golddigger (wish my ex-wife had been that honest),
   Thanks for the idea!  I use two fifty foot sections of rope.  The first section has loops knotted every 5 feet and a three foot section of rebar attached at both ends.  I use a three pound sledge to sink the rebar into the river bottom and keep the line taut.  I have loops knotted in every five feet in the second line and carabiners attached at both ends.  I wear a public safety harness underneath my BCD and attach to the end carabiner there, while attaching the other carabiner to the far right loop on the river bottom secured line.  I then work right to left, up and down, unless conditions dictate otherwise.  Then I remove my jet fins and attach them to my waist, add ankle weights to help keep me in the vertical position, and start my search pattern.  This allows me to accurately map my movements and keep track of thoroughly searched areas, plus it allows me to search 2500 square feet at a time.  I also use a homemade seive. 
   I love hearing new ideas and look forward to hearing more, keep 'em coming!
Happy Hunting
BTW: The harness can be purchased from leisurepro.com for a modest $70.00 and it really helps! Idea

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14546.msg93464.html#msg93464

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 09:23:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I find when I beach snorkel in waves or shallow dive with scuba, I find that this rig of mine keeps me in the same spot through all sorts of tossing about. Also, when you dig with a sieve, you tend to push yourself backwards, as you know, and this setup of mine gives me two arm leverage. I wouldn't want to use it in a river though. Your setup offers much more safety and stability along with a hand over hand rescue line if you need it. Great idea!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14546.msg93550.html#msg93550

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 05:37:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks, Golddigger 1950!  Have been reading posts (particularly those involving the Money Pit, and anything involving pirates) with great interest.  This site is definitely a home away from home for me.  The level of research and academic honesty is very high.  Kudos to all who post here! Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14546.msg95277.html#msg95277

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: