[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline au fever
Mod
Silver Member

Thank you84

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

3950.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites MXT Pro , minelab GPX 4000
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 04:22:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi shortribs , there are subtle differences between the genuine and the fake GPX , this usually in the font lettering and also differences in the switches and plugs , some of the other forums particularly Australians ones ( The detecting and prospecting forum ) show what to look for .
I have seen the price on these vary greatly , if it seems to cheap probably a good reason why , Buyer Beware ..cheers Mick

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57068.msg276453.html#msg276453

Offline GozzoTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 07:32:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Please Register or Login

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=minelab+gpx+5000

Theres a link to them, they sell them on Alibaba.com he has a minelab 2500 but wont listen to me about how to use it, he sold me a good as new whites GMT E series thinking the minelab would help him, but until he stops waving it like a sickle. I keep telling him low and slow. but i think he is one of the people
that think he has a magic wand in his hand. He is looking in an area not known for gold but he perseveres anyway.
I was kinda hoping for some good news on the chinese ones as i stood to inherit his old minelab. But ill let him down today, hafta be gentle though.
Cheers all, and as always thanks for the advice.
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57068.msg276517.html#msg276517

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Offline Howard
Foil

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.5
Mac OS X 10.5
Firefox 16.0
Firefox 16.0

Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 06:16:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

People incorrectly think counterfeiting is not a serious crime, it is, and one can loose everything they own simply by buying / importing one.

A "counterfeit" is not the same as a "knock off".  A knock off is perfectly legal.  A Counterfeit is highly illegal.

It is a serious crime in most of the free world to buy, sell, own, ship, a counterfeit.  To do so is exactly the same as counterfeit currency when it comes to financial fines and prison time.

One who buys a counterfeit product is just as guilty, or more so, as those who built or sold it. The law sees the end buyer as the driving force behind such crimes, and thus doesn't cut buyers any breaks.

To get involved with criminal counterfeit products one places everything they own, as well as their personal freedom, at risk. Clearly, one who provides $ for a counterfeit product is intimately involved in the crime.

When counterfeiter factories and warehouses are raided, their "Customer Lists" are always obtained as part of the raid.

Howard

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57068.msg304504.html#msg304504

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 07:28:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Howard
People incorrectly think counterfeiting is not a serious crime, it is, and one can loose everything they own simply by buying / importing one.

A "counterfeit" is not the same as a "knock off".  A knock off is perfectly legal.  A Counterfeit is highly illegal.

It is a serious crime in most of the free world to buy, sell, own, ship, a counterfeit.  To do so is exactly the same as counterfeit currency when it comes to financial fines and prison time.

One who buys a counterfeit product is just as guilty, or more so, as those who built or sold it. The law sees the end buyer as the driving force behind such crimes, and thus doesn't cut buyers any breaks.

To get involved with criminal counterfeit products one places everything they own, as well as their personal freedom, at risk. Clearly, one who provides $ for a counterfeit product is intimately involved in the crime.

When counterfeiter factories and warehouses are raided, their "Customer Lists" are always obtained as part of the raid.

Howard

That's right, I won't support thieves like that and my Pride will only allow me to buy the real deal, The stupid part about these fakes is the IT was the original that got people wanting one so bad then why on earth would you want a fake, Because you would never be 100% happy with it and every time you looked at it you would remember its a fake and always be saying to your self I wonder how the real one would do, and I am the same about my Parkas and tools Boots and Very much So with my Detectors, You Name it if I like it I always buy the original No matter what because it would drive me nuts if some one copied some thing that I had invented just to have it ripped off like that,

I have worked Hard for the Detectors I Own and I Consider them to be the Best of the Best, And In the real World They do Exactly what I ask of them and there is always something in Reserve, Without them I would not be Detecting, My MXT A/P and My TDI Pro (my go to machine) have become an Industry Standard for me and they are what I Judge all others by, One being a Multi purpose Machine that has the perfect prospecting set up and the TDI Pro is a Prospecting Machine that Can Multi Task, In my View they are As Perfect as any Machines Can Be  Great

I have pride in my self as well as the things I own, It's just a fact of Life, And I won't Give In to Inferior Brand and copies, I won't even consider any other Brand.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57068.msg304506.html#msg304506

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 07:42:07 pm by Ridge Runner »
Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: