[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline nighthawk n.z.Topic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

New Zealand
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab E-Trac
« on: July 23, 2010, 03:03:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi metal heads, i have been a minor in the world of detecting and have just gone from a Tesoro, too a Etrac..what a change, a real battle with the machine which i am really enjoying...but like everything knowledge is key, and i have little in the new too e-trac status..so thank you all for the tips and tricks..the trouble is how do i know if the ground is heavy with minerals? and i detected a very old park and i think its been built on house remains as i as picking up bits of home..lead musket balls,door knobs and the like, but i picked up a few really good coins one was about 150+ years old and a token that was 1856,the problem is i get a high reading one way for just a nano second, and then i spend about a minute going round the spot where i though i heard the tone, changing the sweep angle and switching to pin point and i get a lock..would you dig? and what causes the detector too jump around in the fe-co numbers changing with each sweep over target..any readers out there wanting too read and reply would be such a help.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16635.msg106586.html#msg106586

Offline mpostma
Pull Tab

Etrac & Quattro - Swingin' Minelabs!
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Quattro, Whites 5ID
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 09:25:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm right there with you!  I've been using mine for a few weeks now.   Sounds to me like you are getting some falsing.  Listen for chirps, is what I'm told.  A coin will usually have a smooth beep, but falsing has little cut off chirps.

Good Luck,
Mark

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16635.msg106745.html#msg106745

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: