[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline newbieTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Eagle Spectrum
« on: September 23, 2012, 01:57:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Has anyone experience with the Minelab E-Trac? How easy is it to operate?
At present I am using a Whites Eagle Spectrum. Would it be relatively easy to adapt?
Cheers
Don

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37901.msg233682.html#msg233682

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:12:11 pm by homefire »
Offline aluminizer
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1310.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac, T-2, Red Baron VLF/SPD
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 04:09:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have one and I love it.  Probably because I feel it is easy to use. I would say that 80% of the time it correctly identifys the item, I dig almost everything except iron.  Still looking for the gold rings LOL.  I can't compare it to the Whites machine as I have never used one.  I think the tones are quite different tho.  However, the etrac may be adjustable enough for you to be comfortable with it.  You can adjust and tune it till the cows come home, tones, tone levels, mask on the fly, by conductance or ferrous.  the list goes on, 
Is it worth the investment is another question.  I think that you should listen to some other users of other machines and make an informed decision before you shell out the cash. 

I can tell you:  The battery life is amazing
                       The machine is heavy and after a couple hours I am ready for a break.
                        Depth is very good, I have dug a dime from 9" with sensitivity set +3 over auto.  Lincolns are loud at 8"
                        Silver sensitivity is excellent, however I have yet to dig silver deeper than a 6" dime.  I did find a piece of silver ore too.
                       All coins are solid signals, but so is a rusty screw or hot galvinized nail of which are in the 20% not correct catagory.
                       If you have signals masked, you can miss others that are right on top.  Still working on that so I dig a lot and recheck the hole.
                       Plated items ring like silver.  High tone and high conductance too. 
                       ok and I found my water pipe in the back yard buried over 18" deep which had a nice high tone as well. Thats large rusty iron for you.
It is a fun machine for me to use, more effecient than my T2 but then, I have more exp. with the Etrac.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37901.msg233687.html#msg233687

Keep Swingin

If some is good and more is better then too much is just right!

Offline ......
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

1285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 05:37:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have used many machines but only the FBS types are all round best and i think the ET is the best even now the CTX is out . The CTX is too over the top with to many add ons that i cant find or dont need , there are a few other good machines but the ET is best on the beach 99% of the time and very near the best on land.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37901.msg236853.html#msg236853

Offline arno
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Netherlands

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White,s Eagle Spectrum, Explorer SE Pro
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 12:06:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Explorer SE Pro, hunting in The Netherlands.

Previous detector White's Eagle Spectrum (for already 21 years including periods of low use also).
I am curious if the Explorer will give that amount of finds as the Eagle did.
The menu of the Explorer is less difficult as the Eagle, but the interpretation of the sounds is more difficult i experienced during trials in my garden.
After the finish of the winter and recovering from the flue, i have to discover the possible advantages of the Explorer in the real envirements, but unfortunately here farmers are allready prepare their land.

Arno

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37901.msg252962.html#msg252962

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: