[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 06:58:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by bountyhunter
on another note I see your into computers. I own a computer company,I can do pretty much anything with a computer I want, except for illegal things, but I have a ton of used parts, and even more software. If you ever need anything let me know and I will help you out.

Used parts.... HMMMM

I have been looking for a PCMCIA reader....for the Win 3.1.... that goes into a 3.5 inch bay.... or  even 6 inc. Jameco had one but before I could get money freed up, it disappeared from their catalogue.

I do not remember if it needs drivers or not.

Let me know, and how much.

goldigger

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51639.html#msg51639

goldigger

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 07:25:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

on another note I see your into computers. I own a computer company,I can do pretty much anything with a computer I want, except for illegal things, but I have a ton of used parts, and even more software. If you ever need anything let me know and I will help you out.

I forgot to say, the two transistors that feed the meter, the piezo will have to go from collector to collector, to get enough current, and use one of the 5 v to 15 volt type, they have a built in driver. Oh, I just thought of a problem... to avoid  wrong polarity, connect the same as the meter, otherwise the circuit will require a bridge, also, for insurance, place a diode, in series with the piezo, with the diode stripe to  the positive end of  the piezo, which should be a red wire.

If you use a meter, as well, set the balance so the piezo does not sound but there is some reading on the meter. I will have to redo this diagram and work a bridge of 1N914's into it.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51642.html#msg51642

goldigger

Offline bountyhunterTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 101 / Bounty Hunter 505
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 08:11:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for all you help, I have one more quick question and then I will leave you alone. I have an old JetCo metal detector, It's a old BFO Md, could I make a ferrite coil for this and use it? The PCB is not very large, I could relocate it into a project box and then I would have a pin pointer, its not very deep seeking but its all I want. But I will still take those plans you have for a pin pointer. But I was just thinking again. It seems that whats gets me into trouble.  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51653.html#msg51653

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 08:20:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have one of those PCMCIA readers that fits in the 5 1/2 inch bay, I don't know if it will work for windows 3.1, what are you working on that requires a part like that for such an old operating system. just wondering. I will hunt it up, and if i find it send me your mailing info a maybe a couple of bucks and a few for shipping. I was using it, I built a pc based wireless router with it when wireless first came out, it was a COR, central office router, no os installed, just parts and a small script to run it, man it was cool I could feed wireless signals to about 100 people with it, and use it for a backbone for other towers. I just noticed the plans up top there, thanks so much i will have a go at it and see if i can make my own PCB for it. I just learned how to do it last night, I was up all night teaching myself how to use PCB123 and I think I got it down ok to do simple PCB's like this one.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51655.html#msg51655

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 04:14:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The image states the chip is a LM NE565 but in your text you wrote LM555, which is correct? I am using PCB123 and am having issues finding the LM NE565 to put in the

I doubt if you could do an LC oscillator, like that and have it remain stable. BUT!! I came across  a circuit using an LM555 chip that uses an untuned loop

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51702.html#msg51702

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 04:20:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The image states the chip is a LM NE565 but in your text you wrote LM555, which is correct? I am using PCB123 and am having issues finding the LM NE565 to put in the

I doubt if you could do an LC oscillator, like that and have it remain stable. BUT!! I came across  a circuit using an LM555 chip that uses an untuned loop

In the case of a pinpointer, an unstable LC oscillator in a BFO isn't really an issue. All you are trying to do is locate a target. The stability of the oscillator would be needed if you were trying to ID the target or get the depth.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51703.html#msg51703

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 07:23:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

on the schematics you gave me the modded one, what is J2   ADC/Alarms and M1   50uA I dont understand what those parts are. thanks for the help.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51729.html#msg51729

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 02:16:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for all you help, I have one more quick question and then I will leave you alone. I have an old JetCo metal detector, It's a old BFO Md, could I make a ferrite coil for this and use it? The PCB is not very large, I could relocate it into a project box and then I would have a pin pointer, its not very deep seeking but its all I want. But I will still take those plans you have for a pin pointer. But I was just thinking again. It seems that whats gets me into trouble.  Smiley

It might be more trouble than it is worth.... a big board is not too good in a pinpointer. Actually, I more or less answered this question in my email, also. It is possible, a couple of things need to be determined: 1) the inductance of the search coil and 2) the frequency it operates at.  If it is really low frequency, it takes a lot of fine wire, to wind that coil, of course it helps to have low frequency type ferrite rods, to begin with.

What I have for rods is medium frequency stuff, for 500 kHz to 5 or 6 mHz, but as a phase shifting inductance, it should be OK. Of course.... I might get something from Amidon.

Ve skall see.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg52170.html#msg52170

goldigger

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 05:25:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

sent you a pm back with the question about this, sorry read that first, then this. thanks for the help.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg52195.html#msg52195

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 07:17:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well I did it, I took an old Jetco BFO and turned it into a pin pointer. The board is really small with not much on it. I by trial and error figured out the coil, So I am now making a new coil that is smaller yet to test it with. It's not bad at all, how I did it I'm not sure, but I do know that I can adjust the dial and make it detect from 4 inches away down to 1/2 inches, so I have a more sensitive pin pointer, when I get it boxed up and everything is done I will post some pictures of it. Thanks for the help, and encouragement.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg52316.html#msg52316

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: