[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bountyhunterTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 101 / Bounty Hunter 505
« on: September 25, 2009, 02:58:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have an automax pin pointer, this is two parts mind you, but anyways. The first mod I did was to cut the handle off, it was just to long. Now what i want to do with and I tried to do it, is to add a cable to the pin pointer to turn it into kind of like a sun ray probe, the box is mounted onto the shaft and then the cable down to the actual coil. Now this is what I did, I took the cable from a CB mic, it was coiled which was nice, not to long to hang but you could make it reach, now anyways, I have half of a mind for electronics, when i did this mod all it did was non stop ringing, no matter how much I adjusted the dial it wouldn't turn off. So I put it all back together and then after giving more thought I remembered the pot that you can adjust for sens, I never adjusted it, to account for the new cable. Now after this long drawn out paragraph, if I was to redo the mod that I did and tried to adjust the pot would it work, I just don't want to do it all over again without asking, incase someone knew something about this. Could it be done? Is this a workable mod? I'm thinking it can if I just adjusted that damn pot for the sens.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51430.html#msg51430

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 08:07:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

44 reviews and no responses, maybe I worded everything wrong  Idiot

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51492.html#msg51492

Online GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 03:36:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The problem you are having could be induced by your own work and therefore impossible for anyone to troubleshoot from a distance. Be reasonable. It's YOUR project. YOU broke it. YOU fix it. You don't even tell anyone what the cable is being used for. Is it just to allow it to dangle? Is it used for power? Don't forget the most obvious thing. The inside of the microphone wire is metal. Metal. Get it? Metal?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51518.html#msg51518

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 05:15:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well your Kingship, let me explain it so that the genius in you can understand I even made a visual demo for you. Oh and I know its my project but everyone doesn't know everything like you. I mean how do you expect anyone to learn anything without asking someone more experienced than themselves. again I want to make my own sunray probe, you know what that is right (if not then google it I can't hold your hand) I posted it in my first post, and if you read it then you would have gotten what the wire was for. It even says that the cable is going to the coil, how would it ever be used for power how would you power a coil, its to connect it back to the components in the box. So we have that covered, now the metal part yea its metal what else could be used, there is no shielding in the cable if that's what you are trying to imply, its just what i had, didn't want to use Cat5e cable would never hold up. Just a thought what would you use? Yarn? All I wanted to do was to have a little fun with a small project that I came up with, and as far as being impossible for anyone to troubleshoot from a distance isn't that what we all do on these forums? I troubleshoot issues all day long over the phone and in emails, that's what I do is troubleshoot computer issues. Would I ever talk to you for asking for help with your computer the way you did me, no I don't think I would. I have been asked some really stupid questions before, and I'm sure you have also ask some really dumb questions, so why talk to me like that. Hell your right its my project I'll figure it out I all ways do, and I really don't want help from some rude ass like yourself. Hell it's people like you why I really hate asking for help with anything. I think I saw you were a Moderator you can have my membership delete my account you can have it smart ass.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51526.html#msg51526

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

auotmax_demo.jpg

Online GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 05:28:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

There's no need to condescend, mate. The metal in the wire is causing your problem. Try using a piece of bungee cord instead. No metal parts.

Do you see how simple the solution can be if you only clarify your question? Next time, ask questions that make sense. There's absolutely nothing in your original post to indicate what you were asking. Nothing. That's why you didn't get any answers. Nobody understood what was being asked and nobody wanted to even bother to ask you for clarification. Turns out they were right. Instead of simply answering the question and adding information, you decided to make it look like it was MY problem instead of YOUR problem.

Next time you can take your problem down the hall to the Department of Redundancy Office Section Headquarters of the Chief of Redundancy.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51529.html#msg51529

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 05:47:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by bountyhunter
Well your Kingship, let me explain it so that the genius in you can understand I even made a visual demo for you. Oh and I know its my project but everyone doesn't know everything like you. I mean how do you expect anyone to learn anything without asking someone more experienced than themselves. again I want to make my own sunray probe, you know what that is right (if not then google it I can't hold your hand) I posted it in my first post, and if you read it then you would have gotten what the wire was for. It even says that the cable is going to the coil, how would it ever be used for power how would you power a coil, its to connect it back to the components in the box. So we have that covered, now the metal part yea its metal what else could be used, there is no shielding in the cable if that's what you are trying to imply, its just what i had, didn't want to use Cat5e cable would never hold up. Just a thought what would you use? Yarn? All I wanted to do was to have a little fun with a small project that I came up with, and as far as being impossible for anyone to troubleshoot from a distance isn't that what we all do on these forums? I troubleshoot issues all day long over the phone and in emails, that's what I do is troubleshoot computer issues. Would I ever talk to you for asking for help with your computer the way you did me, no I don't think I would. I have been asked some really stupid questions before, and I'm sure you have also ask some really dumb questions, so why talk to me like that. Hell your right its my project I'll figure it out I all ways do, and I really don't want help from some rude ass like yourself. Hell it's people like you why I really hate asking for help with anything. I think I saw you were a Moderator you can have my membership delete my account you can have it smart ass.
e

Do not leave on his account ,,We do not need  more member's leaving because he is an ASS sorry thinking out loud lol  ,,I am sure Eugene will be along to help you ,,,,Goodluck with your project

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51535.html#msg51535

Online GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 05:49:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by outback
e

Do not leave on his account ,,We do not need  more member's leaving because he is an ASS sorry thinking out loud lol  ,,I am sure Eugene will be along to help you ,,,,Goodluck with your project

Are you nuts? Read his question. You identified the wrong end of this problem. No surprise there. You are often wrong.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51541.html#msg51541

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 05:59:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Are you nuts? Read his question. You identified the wrong end of this problem. No surprise there. You are often wrong.
  his problem seem's to be you  ,,,anyway good luck with your project

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51544.html#msg51544

Online GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 06:01:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by outback
  his problem seem's to be you  ,,,anyway good luck with your project

Why thank you sir. I appreciate your comments as always.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51547.html#msg51547

Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 06:11:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oh my god golddigger1950 you still don't get it. you have no idea what a sunray probe is do you. you didn't even look at the image, one more time then i am done with this. the coil is part of the box, i want the coil not to be part of the box, the coil still has to connect to the box because the components are still inside of it, the coil is then connect to the box with wire, has to be wire or it wont make a electrical connection, I told you to look at a sunray probe then look at the automax pin pointer does it compute yet. does it. and i was condescending, look at your post you treated me like a moron, how many more times do i have to explain such a simple concept, leave it alone leave me alone. you said that i didn't make it clear in my post, you never read it and if you did then you are an idiot ill bet you outback gets it, or anyone else for that matter go look at a sunray probe, then look at the automax i want to turn the automax into the sunray get it now. how else should i explain this to you. golddigger dont you dare come back here with out looking at and i say this again a sunray probe and a automax. here i will make life easy for you here are the links.

link for sunray probes, mind you its the little box thats on the metal detector with a probe at the end of a wire

Please Register or Login

http://www.sunraydetector.com/

the automax a inexpensive pin pointer

Please Register or Login

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/vibra/automaxprecisionpinpointer.htm

IF YOU WOULDN'T OF HAVE BEEN SO RUDE WITH YOUR FIRST POST YOU ASS NONE OF THIS WOULD BE GOING ON NOW, YOU NEED TO LEARN A LITTLE COMPASSION, A LITTLE RESPECT, I BET IF YOU ARE MARRIED YOUR WIFE THINKS YOU AN ASS. YOU ASS

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg51548.html#msg51548

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: