[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline do99ieTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: March 07, 2012, 03:15:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi
New to the THunting community and this is my first Post so please be gentle with me. !
I've been detecting for a good few years and approx ten years ago I treated myself to the "New" Minelab Explorer XS, at that time a top of the line machine.
At the last club meeting I was telling a new member how good they are and that in all the time of owning said macchine I'd never had a prroblem. Next day went out to my favourtie fields and, you've guessed it, Dora the Explorer wouldn't switch on. Home and contacted Minelab Ireland to be told that they no longer stock keypads for the XS and put me in touch with Steve Cox, Minelab service. I contacted Steve and he confirmed he could fit a new control facia. Will cut the story short now.  Sent off the control box on the  Tuesday  it arrived on there Wednesday, received a message back Wednesday afternoon that my trusty machine had been serviced and repaired and would be sent back on Thursday received Friday, detecting again Friday evening.
I can only praise Steve and say how good a service he provides.  The Key pad it's self is almost identical to the original, I assume that he was not allowed to use the word Explorer due to legal reasons etc. The button/switches are excellent I would even say better than original. All in all, an excellent service and exceellent product so if you get a problem with the Explorer XS don't be afraid to send it of to him.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35444.msg215664.html#msg215664

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 09:00:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello do99ie and welcome from Arizona.
   You needn't worry about us not being gentle.   With very few exceptions we always try to be both gentle and polite, unless someone makes a real **** of him/herself.
   I'm really glad to hear that the folks at minelab were able to get you explorer XS up and running.   They're great little machines and it would be a shame to see one shelved for such a "small" thing.   We're looking forward to seeing some of your finds and hearing some of your stories.

BA in AZ

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35444.msg216496.html#msg216496

Offline do99ieTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 04:31:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank You for your greeting.
 Since getting "Dora" repaired I've not had much chance to get out. The only time I did was on the 7th and then only for a couple of hours but did have a good time. Went to one of my favourite fields which I've recovered Roman on before but of late seems to have dried up. Anyway found a couple of Roman coins, a denarius  and a large copper/bronze alloy barely able to see what head it has, hopefully our PAS rep will be able to I.D. it for me. I live in the Lake District UK and don't have the same amount of history as those in the South so was very pleased with the coins.
Family with  me at the present so not been able to get out this  week, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to go to  my voluntary work, I'm currently detecting over the deralict gardens st Lowther Castle, nr, Penrith, the home of  the Yellow Earl, The Earl of Lonsdale, so who knows what my lay hidden in the gardens.
The Castle has been deralict for approx the last 70 years and the gardens, which cover 130 acres, were planted with forestry.
After taking part in an archealogical dig at the Roman Fort at Tebay one of the land owners put my name forward to assist with the searching of the gardens for the old plant name tags. One days searching recovered over twenty labels from a very small area. That was the easy bit it's the drawing of a  plan and putting on the locations that take the time.
I did ask the people in charge if I could invite at least one other to help but was given the thumbs down, perhaps in the future when they see us detectoristts can be trusted then I may be able to invite others (hopefully)
Anyway thats my update for now. Not being to great on the techi stuff with computers I don't now if  I can put any images on the posts but will try.
Regards to all
Rod

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35444.msg216510.html#msg216510

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 01:34:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That sounds like some interesting volunteer work.   Good to see you making a good reputation for yourself and your fellow hobbyists.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35444.msg216537.html#msg216537

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 01:03:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome aboard. I'm voing this topic to our repair & do it yourself are.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35444.msg216612.html#msg216612

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: