[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline wb1951Topic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's DFX, Minelab Eureca Gold
« on: August 01, 2010, 12:46:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks, to everyone that sent links about giant coils. came up with a few ideas. I am looking to "build" a 6' to 8' wide coil that could be pulled across the ground. I am not looking to find stuff that is 10 or 20 feet feep. Maybe 2 or 3 feet would be fine. I would like to be able to grid large areas in a small amount of time, just stopping to pick up an occasional treasure chest, meteorite, or other cashe. I live in Colorado where there is a lot of different soil conditions. I have a DFX & a Eurica Gold. Would like to make coil to use one of these if possible. I need to know basic configuration ratios, wire size & type, how to wind a coil, connection, & a bunch of things I have not thought of yet. I am thinking sacrificial PVC skids, a breakdown or folding frame, with a long cable to get the towing rig far enough away to elimanate Interference. Starting to sound like a winter (or 2) project. Thanks, Guys & gals  Wade (wb1951)

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16823.msg107986.html#msg107986

Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 08:47:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by wb1951
Thanks, to everyone that sent links about giant coils. came up with a few ideas. I am looking to "build" a 6' to 8' wide coil that could be pulled across the ground. I am not looking to find stuff that is 10 or 20 feet feep. Maybe 2 or 3 feet would be fine. I would like to be able to grid large areas in a small amount of time, just stopping to pick up an occasional treasure chest, meteorite, or other cashe. I live in Colorado where there is a lot of different soil conditions. I have a DFX & a Eurica Gold. Would like to make coil to use one of these if possible. I need to know basic configuration ratios, wire size & type, how to wind a coil, connection, & a bunch of things I have not thought of yet. I am thinking sacrificial PVC skids, a breakdown or folding frame, with a long cable to get the towing rig far enough away to elimanate Interference. Starting to sound like a winter (or 2) project. Thanks, Guys & gals  Wade (wb1951)

Hello WB1951 . For Whites try looking up information on Hot Shot or Magnum Force search coil's . For Minelab check the large Commander search coils . It will not be an easy task to build a large coil but if you are successful it will save you a bunch of money . Let us know how your research is going . On Pulse Induction Metal Detectors making super large search coil is easy, but VLF is a completely different challenge .

HH..........Eugene

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16823.msg110331.html#msg110331

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: