[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline jere29555Topic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

520.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites 6000D, Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 07:56:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mudflap
I still think one has to have a trained eye for these. I go out looking with my friend and he always finds some and I get skunked! Maybe there is a list of hunting tips somewhere......

The only tip I can give is get a pointed probe long enough to reach the ground without having to bend over every time and flick every little piece of stone you see. Most of the time the point is not an top in plain sight. What you will see is only a small part of it poking out. The stone will be a different color from the surrounding soil. You might see a small piece of stone and think it is on the surface and reach down and pick it up and find that it is a three inch point partially exposed. That is why it is so important to check every little piece you see and be sure. It only takes a second to flick it with your probe. I have an old arrow with a broad head blade that I use and it works really well. Hope this helps. It's the way I learned to find them. Leave no chip unturned. Cool
                                                                                                                                                 Jere

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22688.msg162450.html#msg162450

"Life is tough; it's even tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

www.crossover2life.org

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: