[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline denizenTopic starter
Chief Executive Slacker
Copper Member

All work and no play makes the soul a lump o' coal
Chief Executive Slacker
Thank you3

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

640.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none at the moment, but soon a TGSL i will build
« on: August 19, 2011, 01:18:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm probably way too interested in gold prospecting for my own good, but i know it'll be fun. i'm a cheapskate with butterflies in my wallet so i couldn't possibly afford that Garret Scorpion i've my eyes on.. haha.

i typically don't like capitalization, but my grammar is bearable. haha. i'm a young adult in the Salt Lake, UT area who's been trying out gold panning. i bought a garret gold trap pan set and i haven't found a thing, but i'm saving my black sand concentrates to melt down. there's a microwave kiln set i wish i could afford. gotta have money to make money. of course all i did was collect some samples from spots behind huge rocks in old washed out areas. i'm not even halfway done with that container though. who knows. there could be 2 oz.s at the bottom.

i have a habit of biting off more than i can chew, in pretty much everything i do. i didn't notice til a room mate mentioned it to me. i'll soon forget this downfall and continue making reckless leaps. it's what life's all about for me.

i guess one of those not-so-reckless leaps is wanting to go out in old stream beds and scan with a VLF or PI detector i made(will make). i'm very electronically inclined. i used to make electric guitar pickups and wire all sorts of things into them. when i was a kid i used to take remote control vehicles apart to learn how they work and make other things out of them. I'm a BIG fan of the Tesla coil. COILS! i like coils. and i'm starting to like gold! or at least what the prospects of finding gold means.

my dream is to be able to travel without having to worry about a corporate day job. i play guitar pretty well so i might just busk my way around the country soon, or what's left of the country.. politics.. being an adult is scary. haha.

anyone in Northern Utah know of any good places i'm able to go out and prospect?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27099.msg191633.html#msg191633

Offline avision4u2liveby
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2435.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

T2 SE Limited, Fisher F2 backup
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 01:33:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

my dream is to be able to travel without having to worry about a corporate day job. i play guitar pretty well so i might just busk my way around the country soon, or what's left of the country.. politics.. being an adult is scary. haha.  <~~~~~~~~~ Ah to be young again! lol. I played drums and sang in a hard rock band in the 80's. My grandfather told me I could play drums......or I could grow up....but you  cant do both!  He was right, but ya know what? I had fun, and I learned the hard way. But I worked my ass off the whole time, and when my daughter came along..it was time to drop those foolish dreams. Good luck, hope you strike it rich, but please be responsible along the way, you'll thank yourself later.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27099.msg191637.html#msg191637

:tecknetics: :fisher:

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 01:54:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Capitalization can mean a Lot in What You say.\\\

Would you Rather help your uncle Jack off a Mule?

Or

Would you rather help your uncle jack off a Mule?

It's in your best interest to Use Capitalization when Required.!!!!! :Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27099.msg191638.html#msg191638

Chief Executive Slacker
Copper Member

Chief Executive Slacker
Thank you3

Activity
0%

United States

640.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 02:16:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hahaha, you make a good point Homefire. but grammatically, that could be fixed. i always capitalize proper nouns though. i would rather help my uncle, Jack, off a mule. i'll remember that!   Grin as a noob i know my place and will be nothing but co-operative!

so. mi amigos. as far as my amateur abilities go, which would be the best VLF/PI detector to build from the available schematics here? i need some definitive info, more than what i'm finding with subjective opinions here and there. the Lobo looks interesting.

what my requirements are is to search fine gold objects within 3' of the surface. able to find good sized nuggets and also pinchers.. if that's possible. i want to scan only for gold. i couldn't care less for nickels/artifacts/etc. only gold. man i wish i could afford that Garret Scorpion..

i will be searching around small streams and will probably immerse the coil. i have experience with epoxies and will waterproof it that way, being no stranger to coils. but i will be using it in dry land mostly. waterproofing is not an issue. the issue is the lack of coil diagrams. i don't expect to be led by hand to a forum. just tell me which ones are most capable of the task at hand and i'll change my search terms accordingly.

thanks in advance for helping this wet eared youngin'!  Rider charge!

Posted on: August 19, 2011, 02:10:21 PM
Quote:Posted by avision4u2liveby
Good luck, hope you strike it rich, but please be responsible along the way, you'll thank yourself later.

thanks for the advice! i try to be responsible. i'm frugile, etc. i could dissagree with the drum playing and the being an adult. times change and i believe you could easily have a set in your garage and play it after work! haha. might annoy the family and neighbors. property values would decrease due to a neighborhood in unrest. cops would be busting down your garage door.. yep, i can see what your grandfather was saying. but wait! they have electronic drumsets you can hook headphones into! problem solved! hahaha. but man, those are very expensive.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27099.msg191643.html#msg191643

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 02:56:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ok here is the thing.

A. This is a English speaking site.

B.  If you Refuse to speak English you will not be allowed to post any more.

C.  We English/Americans speaking folks use Punctuation and Capitalization.

D.  Sorry but this is the way it is.

E.   We have folks from all walks of life and countries that make a effort to do so.

F.    If you can't do that, We don't need you here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27099.msg191650.html#msg191650

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 03:17:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
B.  If you Refuse to speak English you will not be allowed to post any more.

Except for calling us amigos, it looks like he is doing English all right. May I guess that you were joking? Hard to tell without the smileys.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27099.msg191652.html#msg191652

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 03:20:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Been Prospecting for years and years!

If you would like my help, You have to work with me here.

Posted on: August 19, 2011, 03:18:09 PM
No Joke here!   I can't read his post.   It takes three reads to figure out what he is saying.

I can understand the Yammi Better then that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27099.msg191654.html#msg191654

Chief Executive Slacker
Copper Member

Chief Executive Slacker
Thank you3

Activity
0%

United States

640.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 03:29:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ok, point has been taken. I will endeavor to never forget to capitalize. Nor will I speak a word any different from English, whether it be a part of a simple phrase of slang that everybody knows.. or not.  

Now that THAT has been cleared up, would someone please pay attention to the previous content and not the way it was presented, even if it was clearly explicit in demands and communications?
Geez, I've become frustrated. As Spock might say, "I was caught off guard only momentarily. It will never happen again. Let's continue with the discussion of relevant matters."

Here's a more specific question to elucidate upon. Which version is better suited for what I want to do: the Tesoro Lobo, or the Tesoro Golden Sabre?

Thanks, once again, for any future hospitable advice. Regardless of the "smart-mouthed" vibe of this particular reply, any potential positive replies are GREATLY appreciated.

Now I am ready to hear what your years of experience have to say, assuming you can now understand this.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27099.msg191656.html#msg191656

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 03:34:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by denizen
Here's a more specific question to elucidate upon. Which version is better suited for what I want to do: the Tesoro Lobo, or the Tesoro Golden Sabre?

Both are suitable in the all metal mode for prospecting.

I suggest that you move this discussion over the the Prospecting Talk forum and you will actually gain in post count for your full membership. You get no post bumps in the New User area.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27099.msg191657.html#msg191657

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Chief Executive Slacker
Copper Member

Chief Executive Slacker
Thank you3

Activity
0%

United States

640.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 03:40:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What a bummer(about the post count). Ok, I will. Thanks!  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27099.msg191658.html#msg191658

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.