[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline johnisraelaliyahTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: December 31, 2009, 01:02:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello and Shalom Across the Board,

I with my children and glad to come to this site and share our information and learn more in our areas of interest.

A bit of History:

We formerly lived at 311 North Main Street which would have been considered the head of the four corner streets of North East South and West Main Street in Anahuac Texas.  We lived there from 1996 to 2007.  Since this borders the South bank of the cove of Lake Anahuac, formerly called Turtle Lake and before that Turtle Bay and Trinity Bay; over the 11 years I had lived there with waterfront property, I recovered litereally a ton of relics, and various items of antiquity and some of what would be considered pre-history (more appropriately named counter-history).  Some of the findings included parts of old naval ships dating back to Santa Anna's known occupation of the area as well as certain pirates such as Jean LaFitte  also known to have utilized this area for the "hidden" qualities in the cove.  Certain historical figures such as William Barrett Travis, James Bowie, Juan Davis BradBurn, as well as the aformentioned Santa Anna and Lafitte.  In addition, individuals such as Benjamin Freeman and a list of others frequented or lived in this area (literally my back yard) throughout the preceeding history making centuries.

Although there is much known of this area locally, local politics and a host of self-serving individuals operate together though separately to keep much of the locally known finds secret usually for socio-political reasons and most noteworthy financial interests.  There is much I could and may well write here, especially due to the number of indian artifacts found in the area that would seem state of the art by many current standard assessments; rather in a brief introduction, I would preferably state our thankfulness to correspond by postings on this site and look forward to sharing much more, notably of our few years of living in Israel and some of the recent finds in the places of our interest and timely searches as well. In our future posts we'll look forward to posting pictures as well.

Thank You
Christophers

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10328.msg65005.html#msg65005

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 06:29:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you for your very nice introduction! I hope you will enjoy your boards and am looking forward to seeing your finds!

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10328.msg65275.html#msg65275

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 09:47:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi and welcome! Sounds like you are living in an interesting old area with lots of history. Looking forward to reading about and seeing what you've found. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10328.msg65304.html#msg65304

Offline eddy1h
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Too many to list
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 09:20:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the very interesting story
happy hunting
> Ed

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10328.msg65388.html#msg65388

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.