[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline SILVERWOLFTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARRETT
« on: October 30, 2006, 01:42:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi! yo all,
Just got back from St. Croix. The trip was great with beautiful waters, sun sets and great beaches. Wespent most of our time weat of Fredricksted on the west end of the Island. The temps were in the high 80's and mid 90's.  I didn't see another detectorest  the whole week. The second day (sunday morning) got out on the beach
around 7am  with my Garrett GTA 1000. It was working great and in about an hour found three quarters and two pennies (clad) . I'am a little rusty since I haven't used it for awhile.  Around 8am  the wife came to get me for breakfast. By that time I was sweating bullets. I had been searching the beach in front of the Hotel  and was getting in the grove. The rest of the day we spent sight seeing and enjoying the crystal blue waters. I took some great sunset pictures  and snorkled every day.
The next day I was up again at six am and out the door when it was light. Started decting some more of the beach and started searching an area that had been stired up by someone the day before. As I was hoping to find some jewerly or more coins.  As I was running my coil over the area, I noticed a pice of green paper sticking out of the sand and gave it a pull. Waite a minute! It's not just a pice of paper but an american bill. No No  not just a bill but a nice folded up 20. I did a quick look around to see if anyone was looking and stuck it in my pocket. Did a little treasure hunter dance and then got back to business.  A few minutes later dister struck. I started th search around some rocks along the waters edge and my dectector started going nuts like it was hiting everything from foil to gold and silver. Hmmmmmm maybe its the batteries. Nope changed them with new ones, but now ive got nothing . I couldn't detect a metal lounger.  Went back to the room and went up to the room and disconnected the coil. I checked the cable (nothing)
checked the coil, other than being a littler scrached up (nothing), oh, oh, wait a minute where is that water coming from . Oh no there is a very small crack where
the coil sections come together.  Final  Conclusion  Iam toast and so is the coil. Good side is I whined ato my wife that my vacation had been ruined and now Ill have to find a new coil if I could. Her answer was, well it is pretty old  and arn't there more up to date models out there?  Oh yes I said but they are very expensive 600.00 or more. So she said maybe you should look into  getting a better machine. Oh joy,oh Joy, a new machine (maybe). I told her that I would get this one fixed and she could detect with me. I packed up the machine and decided
to go snorkling and enjoy the rest of my vacation. Didn't have any problems getting thru customs even though it set off the xray machine. The person was a little alarmed but I told her it was a Garrett Metal detector kind of like the ones they use.  That was a satisfactory answer so I didn't have to unpack it. I got a great tan had lots of fun. There is a lot of history and some interesting areas that could be detected, but I'am not sure that the natives are very trustworthy due to a lot of poverty. I never had any problems but, I didn't go into areas that might be risky.

(UP- DATE) When I got back to Texas I called Garrett Metal dectectors about my coil. I wanted to see what it would cost me to buy a new one. The tec told me to send him the damaged one and he would send a new one to me. Boy! was I suppriised. My dector is a GTA 1000 and I figured that I was up the creek. To make things short. I shipped it off on Tuesday and received the new coil today Friday. Man ! What service. Cudos to Garrett Metal dectors. I can't wait to get out to try it tomorrow.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,728.msg4886.html#msg4886

« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 03:55:09 pm by SILVERWOLF »
Offline dr.dtector
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Gold Member

FALSE CAUSE A BANANA DONT HAVE A BACKBONE
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 04:32:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

sounds like an excellent vacation,saving the detector problems!

good luck with your new machine,whichever kind you decide on! Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,728.msg4905.html#msg4905

BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 05:21:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes sounds like a great vacation...Good luck with your new machine...Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,728.msg4909.html#msg4909

Toolbox's Diver Down
Commercial and Scuba Diving Service
Underwater Prospecting & Treasure Hunter

Please Register or Login

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 06:57:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good luck with the new machine.  Sounds like it was a great time.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,728.msg4922.html#msg4922

Stringfrenzy

Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 06:49:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good luck!!!

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,728.msg4953.html#msg4953

Offline rebeljohn
Copper Member

Cigars & THunting--Great Combo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

227.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Explorer XS
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 03:36:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good Luck on getting the new machine. I love the Virgin Islands. Have always wanted to take the detector, but the wife never allows room for it..............

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,728.msg4984.html#msg4984

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 04:09:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

good luck with the new machine

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,728.msg5101.html#msg5101

Offline allybeanie
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

384.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 07:06:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Fun vacation!Enjoy your new machine!

Maria

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,728.msg5112.html#msg5112

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.