[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline conanTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

195.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: November 30, 2010, 01:04:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello to every one I'm new to the forum from Australia and love metal detecting and detectors I have a topic regarding Red Baron VLF/SPD detector and I need help in pics or diagrams or by someone having a look if they have the same one.Has to do with power points where they originally are connected to. Hello

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19649.msg128937.html#msg128937

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 01:20:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

You're not in Perth, are you? Did you pick up that BH at the Cash Converters in Wanneroo?

Saw one there just like it and gave it a miss. The wiring looked like a dog's breakfast to me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19649.msg128944.html#msg128944

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 09:38:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Conan and welcome! Nice to have you as a new member! Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19649.msg129011.html#msg129011

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 11:47:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Conan.   Welcome from Arizona.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19649.msg129040.html#msg129040

Copper Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

Australia

195.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 02:08:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello to all the hero members and Thank you for your quick reply in Welcoming me.My  name is Michael and I'm single.I have three of the classic Metal detectors.Minelab Goldseekers 15000=Garrett  Deepseeker ADS- Bounty Hunter Red Baron 10=. Plus a few more testing or repairing. Smiley

Posted on: November 30, 2010, 01:52:00 PM
To GoldDigger I'm in Brisbane and that Red Baron at Cash converters what are they asking for it,Did it have two battery holders, did you notice the model R.B on the control box or coil head? Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19649.msg129061.html#msg129061

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 03:46:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by conan
To GoldDigger I'm in Brisbane and that Red Baron at Cash converters what are they asking for it,Did it have two battery holders, did you notice the model R.B on the control box or coil head? Detecting

I bought it and returned it for being too trashed to repair. That was more than a year ago. I'd paid $125.00 for what was supposed to be a working detector that wasn't. It never even turned on.

Try taking a couple of good close up pictures of you PC board after you open the machine. Pay close attention to where the battery looks as if it hooks up. Perhaps we can sort it out for you by having a look at it. If not, wrap it up and send it to me and I'll have a look at it for you. Unless it was hooked up wrong at one time, it should be easy to fix.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19649.msg129082.html#msg129082

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 03:48:51 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

Australia

195.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 02:56:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Goldigger I don't have a camera to do close ups.That's all I need of one with original point of power source.because some one has complicated the matter by connecting the two packs to one spot.To give you an idea (I don't know if we are in the right place to do so)I thought since I'm new this one was to greet people and not get deep in subjects.If you have the two snap on clips A and B that clip on the battery holders then you supply power to audio and circuit.But someone replace the battery packs that don't come with the clips like that of a nine volt battery,because they are hard to find(original ones ).Instead they have the positive and negative wires that you have to hook up with another snap-on.But the person did not realized that if you join to snap-on together the color red to red black to black do not much.So he was supplying the wrong polarity.And of top of that the Red baron has two packs to supply A-to audio and B-the circuit with 12 volts each.Not the way he undid some power points and connected both to the volume switch on and off giving 12 volts with both power packs.All this time not realizing the polarity wrong.That's why  the two power pack models are the ones that do not work o people replaced and do not connect properly and ruin them.RB-10 has one battery holder or some other old bounty have nine volt batteries that's why there is more of them.Goldigger I have fixed the Garrett Ads that required me to test and replace  one I.C which is the worst to replace (soldering wise).Thanks for your offer anyway.I want to make sure the power feed is right then I can start to test and replace any components that are no good,due to the hands of the previous owner.Can you ask Eugene member about this case.Since I'm not sure how or what or in witch way to let them know what I need.There has to be someone with a Red baron with two power packs. Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19649.msg129208.html#msg129208

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 03:02:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Are you sure each was meant to be 12v? I believe they were to be 6v each for a total of 12v. A 12v battery pack is 8 AA cells making the machine holding a total of 16 AA cells. That's absolutely heavy, mate.

I'm afraid I can't help you much more than this if you can't send a picture. Does your mobile do photos? If so, contact me by PM and I'll give you my mobile number so you can send pictures.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19649.msg129209.html#msg129209

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 07:06:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from CT.Don't know the RB-10. I do remember the RB-7. One of the early motion machines. Had to swing it like a golf club. Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19649.msg129529.html#msg129529

Offline trashdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 07:54:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome and keep swing your thing Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19649.msg129543.html#msg129543

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.