[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline TCosbyJrTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 11:09:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ArfieBoy
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of northeastern Oregon!   Welcome   Great

Thanks! Sounds like some interesting hunting, in the mountains - I bet you do a bit of gold nugget detecting.  Smiley

Quote:Posted by detectorstuffer
Welcome from Mississippi. Enjoyed the pics

Thanks, and I'm glad you like the pics.

I do so many related projects and take plenty of pictures of the process, someone finally convinced me to put the information and photos online (surely it will help someone else). I hope to have my website online once my current detector project is done.

Quote:Posted by Jack Ryan
Welcome. I'm brand new to the board as well. I live in Lawrence county as well.

Greetings, and welcome to you as well. You don't by chance drive a red van when detecting do you? So far I've only seen one other person detecting around here. Would be interesting to meet a local detectorist that isn't a family member.  Grin If you ever want to go md'ing together just send me a PM.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46328.msg254316.html#msg254316

Thomas - BH Tracker IV, Mod HF Cen-Tech PP -MDing Since 6-4-12
-Number of Coins: 302 -Jewelry: 8 -Pull Tabs: 307 -Fun:100%

Offline Jack Ryan
Pull Tab

Dig it up.
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 11:24:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nope, no red van. I'm really just getting started.

Today I went back to a place I searched yesterday. I got a few hit with my pin pointer in cracks in the bedrock of a stream yesterday so today I went back with a pan, classifier, magnet, turkey baster and a little scoop. Just to check it out a little. It was just bits of rust and iron. The magnet pulled it all out of the sand and cracks pretty quick and didn't get any more pings on the detector. I did run a pan from a good spot of damed up sediment but there was nothing it it either.

I pretty much make up my mind what I'll do every day over breakfast but if we made a plan to meet somewhere the next day, the night before that would be plenty for me. Right now the plan is just to fill in a  little between hunting, fishing, mushroom seasons and comb over what ever I come across that looks promising.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46328.msg254317.html#msg254317

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.