[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline muggooTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

NONE
« on: November 11, 2009, 04:06:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hope every ones have a great time hunting history..... Clapp...any one in here a treasure hunter needs to wake up,and stop treasure hunting Club Teach

I'm Jim.I'm new to the web....I wanted to share something that I thinking might help with all the trouble treasure hurts are have....at least  I think...I was watching a program the other night about jesse james.they where traceing the place he visited and where he hide all the money and gold he stole from banks and stage coaches.any why these  guys found coin that are worth a lot.and then there where guy on the program they was calling amitor historeans.now I'm thinking no he's not he's a treasure hunter.and that got me thinking why not stop calling a treasure hunter a treasure hunter, and start say amintor historenan....
treasue hunter sound to mush like stealing but a historean,this might change the view of a lot of folk that do not like treasurehunters....Also watching the jesse jame  story i notice not one of those folk ever coverd up the hole they doug..any ways ....stop saying treasure hunting, and say amitor historean.....HOPE THAT MADE SENCE

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9267.msg58112.html#msg58112

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:52:58 pm by Christian »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 01:00:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by muggoo
Hello every one I'm Jim.I'm new to the web....I wanted to share something that I thinking might help with all the trouble treasure hurts are have....at least  I think...I was watching a program the other night about jesse james.they where traceing the place he visited and where he hide all the money and gold he stole from banks and stage coaches.any why these  guys found coin that are worth a lot.and then there where guy on the program they was calling amitor historeans.now I'm thinking no he's not he's a treasure hunter.and that got me thinking why not stop calling a treasure hunter a treasure hunter, and start say amintor historenan....
treasue hunter sound to mush like stealing but a historean,this might change the view of a lot of folk that do not like treasurehunters....Also watching the jesse jame  story i notice not one of those folk ever coverd up the hole they doug..any ways ....stop saying treasure hunting, and say amitor historean.....HOPE THAT MADE SENCE

You're very astute, Mr Muggoo. Not long ago I posted here about my calling card which I hand to people when they ask what I'm doing. It refers to me as an Archaeological Researcher and Historian.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9267.msg58140.html#msg58140

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 05:36:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

ha ha ha we have an expert in our midst hehehe only been here and made 3 posts now he's a full blown expert I wonder what his track record is hehehe about 3and an 1/2 hours doing 25 yards hehehe your in the company of some well heeled real treasure hunters who know their stuff to them you just another wannabee. You might even be suffering from delusions of granduer hehe the worlds full of dreamers your one of them till you can prove otherwise  Shocked
Hey you cannot spell either hehehe you gotta be a 14 year old drop out from St. Trinians lol hehehe

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9267.msg58374.html#msg58374

Offline mikeK
Silver Member

purrrr
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

2940.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1266 and f2
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 12:15:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

well said alan,there are alot of people like that unfortunately on our forum "just fools" who should be kicked off after posting some childish crap like that,It puts any serious Thunter of joining our great forum..Christian I think its time to boot the idiots....mike
well said alan,there are alot of people like that unfortunately on our forum "just fools" who should be kicked off after posting some childish crap like that,It puts any serious Thunter of joining our great forum..Christian I think its time to boot the idiots..or mugs as he likes to call him self

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9267.msg58481.html#msg58481

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 01:36:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by mikeK
well said alan,there are alot of people like that unfortunately on our forum "just fools" who should be kicked off after posting some childish crap like that,It puts any serious Thunter of joining our great forum..Christian I think its time to boot the idiots....mike
well said alan,there are alot of people like that unfortunately on our forum "just fools" who should be kicked off after posting some childish crap like that,It puts any serious Thunter of joining our great forum..Christian I think its time to boot the idiots..or mugs as he likes to call him self

Thank you Mitek its good to know that other people care about this great site and take it seriously like yourself and many others too.
I just felt that his derogatory remarks were a direct insult to most of the guys who have dedicate so much time and effort to make the site what it is today.

Unfortunately it is not within my powers to ban people this can only be done by Christian even so I could of given the guy a warning but chose to do it verbally.
I wish other members would post their opinions regarding this in order that its not just my dissaproval but those who were or felt insulted by this persons remarks.  As you know I dont tolerate fools lightly by the same token I take what I do very seriously and have done all my life.  Thanks once again for your addition and appreciation   regards alan hassell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9267.msg58493.html#msg58493

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 01:54:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

"treasue hunter sound to mush like stealing but a historean,this might change the view of a lot of folk that do not like treasurehunters"

I saw that he'd made 2 other posts and this is a quote from one of them. I think he means well, just posted what could be taken as a flaming here. An amateur historian, to me, is someone who's in a library reading, not someone who is out digging in the dirt though. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9267.msg58498.html#msg58498

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 01:57:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Alan and Mike, this topic just came to my attention and I looked at Jim's other postings. I think his point got lost in an unfortunate way making his posting looks different than it had been intended. I have merged his postinsg and I think now it makes sense.

One problem I unfortuntely often see happening is that new members will post into wrong boards or even post a new topic into an allready existing one. This makes things hard to catch up with and then won't make any sense at all in the end.

hence I think when this happens we - as moderators - need to move thinsg to the right place, split topics or merge them where needed.

Also if you think someone doesn't do these boards any good please don't hesitate to drop me a line and I will look into it.

Unfortunately I am unable to read all the postings myself, hence the help of all members and especially our moderators is needed to keep this forum in place.

Thanks and best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9267.msg58499.html#msg58499

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline muggooTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

NONE
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 11:21:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

HE HE HE HE HE HE HE boy thank for the warm welcome.....all i done was make a statement,, and all you can do is ack like a 5 yr old baby...mabe you need to check in to what i said YOU MIGHT FIND OUT THAT SAYing TREASURE HUNTING  leaves a bad taste in the F/S mouth..because i have ask and will you so darn smart with put downs mabe you to dam dum to figure that part out Shocked :oOh and by the way loose lips..I have been doing this sence 1975 ..see ya loose lips
will I can see I'm not welcom on this forum..to bad folks have insult other to make them self BIG....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9267.msg58850.html#msg58850

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 11:59:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Jim, you hd unfortunately split you posting into two parts and also posted them to the wrong board. Hence they were out of context and not having a clear point bringing along quite the opposite of what your original point was. Thus the reaction by other members was not positive. It was just a misunderstanding. No worries.

regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9267.msg58852.html#msg58852

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 01:14:13 pm by Christian »

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline craftyboy
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

XS2A PRO,Laser b2/b3,1220B, PI
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 12:29:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

By By amateur archaeologist(muggoo) and your command of the english language is excellent "HE HE HE HE HE", only treasure hunters here my friend.  

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9267.msg58855.html#msg58855

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 01:29:20 pm by craftyboy »
Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.