[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline IndianaHunterTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White Prism IV
« on: November 04, 2007, 11:05:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All,

Well I'm fairly new to metal detecting, I have done a few outings. My treasure collection total is about thirty six cents ;-) but I had a lot of fun so far. I have always loved the outdoors, I'm a experienced hiker and a pretty good fisherman. Growing up I was very intrested in treasure hunting. The story that got me hooked was the famous money pit. I had talked about getting a metal detector for years and finally while having plenty of hesitation from my wire I bought my first detector. I will have to mention while I was watching the instruction DVD it came with my wife was grabbing a shovel in the garage and my detector and getting ready to did up our back yard lol so needless to say she has become a partner now. well I guess a bio would be a good idea I'm 25 years old I live in South Bend Indiana and I'm a Diesel Mechanic. Well I sincerely hope to be a great addition to your board,

~Patrick~

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2419.msg19252.html#msg19252

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:16:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I literally dug up my yard when I first got a detector and had neighbors approaching me with "before you ask, NO you can't detect my yard" and then "by the way, what are you finding?". Heh Heh Curious lil folks. Old coins from late 1800s & early 1900s. Ground cover replaced the pitiful grass that didn't like all the shade. Go for it - you'll never have to mow again!  Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2419.msg19257.html#msg19257

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White Prism IV
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 12:22:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

lol We did go around the yard ,  we were both learning so we didn't find much but I have thought of giving it another try since we have gotten better ;-) Most of the land around my house is old river bed, I have dug up alot of river rocks in my backyard. Its actually pretty cool when were installing two coi ponds in the yard, we dug down pretty far and you can actually see the layer of river bed and then dense dirt underneath.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2419.msg19260.html#msg19260

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 08:00:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You may not find much around your yard if it isn't in an area that's been highly populated over the years. I'm living between the university and downtown so found coins that had been lost over the years along a well travelled sidewalk. When we dug our fish pond, we picked the spot where all the rubble had been tossed and covered when our house was built in the 1880s. . . pretty boring. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2419.msg19261.html#msg19261

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White Prism IV
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 11:39:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well I guess if we could hit it rich everytime in our backyard then everyone would be walking around with a metal detector lol , I actually get a lot of "I thought only old people do that stuff" It amazes me sometimes how narrow minded people are .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2419.msg19262.html#msg19262

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 06:48:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Patrick,

welcome to our board and thank you for joining us! Unfortunately it has been a little quite recently so I guess it is time to start a new competition with some good stuff the winners.

I hope you will enjoy our forum and I am looking forward to seeing your finds.

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2419.msg19264.html#msg19264

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White Prism IV
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 12:55:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the welcome , I have noticed it has been quiet but I have been busy reading up on past post and info, I think I have learned more in the past few days than I have since I started metal detecting. I'm not just blowing smoke, there is a ton of useful info here, I have found a few things that I was doing wrong and now that I know, I can correct those bad habits and I'm sure by doing so I will increase my finds.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2419.msg19267.html#msg19267

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 07:14:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Sorry for the late welcome IndianaHunter but better late than never so welcome to the forum.  Sadly I have been away for a bit myself from the forum due to some hectic schedules lately but am trying to get the time to get more done here again.  From what I've seen of your posts you are off to a great start in the hobby.  Lots of history and the such around the south bend area as well so you should be able to find quite a few places to hunt.  About how long have you been detecting now and what detector do you use?  Currently I'm running a DFX and a Garrett GTAx 1000 and still adding to the arsenal.  I guess you could kind of say that we are  neighbors in a sense, I keep meaning to get back over  that way since I have an open invitation to hunt a 5 acre piece of land near Pennville.  I'm located roughly 20 minutes from Ohio roughly 20 minutes from Decatur near Grand Lake St. Marys.  Bucksguy81 who is also a member here lives very near me and will also drop in and say hi if he notices the post I suspect.  Lots of valuable information and friendly people here.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask.  I look forward to seeing some posts about some of your hunts and finds.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2419.msg19335.html#msg19335

Stringfrenzy

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White Prism IV
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 09:25:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the welcome sting, I saw you replied to some of my other posts so you know I'm running a Whites Prizm IV. I dont have alot of metal detecting under my belt yet but I have been out quite a few times. I have actually been doing more research lately than hunting. I'm filling my notebook up with clues and leads for local trips to make in the spring. Ironically one of my leads kinda heads your way ;-) I'll do some posts on my current project that I'm working on, to get some ideas from other hunters on the site. Thanks again for the welcome hopefully we can get together in the future and do some hunting ,

~Patrick~

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2419.msg19352.html#msg19352

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 06:54:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

If I can be of any assistance on your leads that head my direction just let me know.  I've been around here and a little further north all my life and talked with many of the old timers in the area.  Just drop a line and I'd be happy to help if I can.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2419.msg19353.html#msg19353

Stringfrenzy

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.