[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline koda57
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 02:46:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The snow just started a few minutes ago here...I hope to go to Nevada soon ,,gota friend there near the desert so we're gonna hunt meteorites  but when i get back i plan to hunt anything i can find,,,probablly not gonna find any meteorites here in nc but my friend has made thousands on meteorites in Navada.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10942.msg69899.html#msg69899

Offline Silversmith45Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites XLT   Garrett Ace 250   Teknetics 9000
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 03:05:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sue. the last time that I was in Lawrence, it was snowing then too and that was probably fifteen or twenty years ago,  Some of the best finds that I have ever seen were from a man who lived in St. Joe and hunted on both sides of the river.  He had about every coin made.  If you are interested in meteorites, in Kansas, this might help.  You might try for Brenham meteorites, near Haviland, Kansas. Scientists estimate a meteor fell over Kiowa County some 20,000 years ago, forming the largest strewn meteorite field in the world. Named for Brenham township, they are some of the best known and most sought after in the world because their crystals look like stained glass when cut.  Stay warm.  Silversmith45.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10942.msg69904.html#msg69904

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 04:28:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've read about the Brenham meteorite - interesting story. Also read that Ks was the meteorite capital of the US as more unique ones had been found here than any other state. Be sweet if they'd use that on the license plates.

One summer my mother in law told me about a boom and seeing/hearing something whiz by with trailing smoke up at her place. A couple of years later I was in that general region and spotted a black rock unlike any others and brought it home. More time went by and my husband noticed it outside where I added it to other rocks I'd collected. He said it looked like it could be a meteorite. A magnet wouldn't stick to it, but a compass would move when near it. I've been told it wasn't one, but I've never officially had it examined. It could be a rock from up north as the glaciers  ended in that region and deposited a lot of rocks not native to here.

Reading about how lots of meteorites had fallen in KS and, with the land being native prairie just like in the days of Indians & buffalo, I thought I'd find meteorites. I got some exercise.  Smiley Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10942.msg69922.html#msg69922

Offline Silversmith45Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites XLT   Garrett Ace 250   Teknetics 9000
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 05:41:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Being new to this forum, can anyone tell me why my thread has a lock and arrow beside it.  Did I hit a wrong key or something.  I still don't understand computers and forums that well.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10942.msg70928.html#msg70928

Offline gambol1
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 07:01:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Silversmith, welcome to the forum. I'll be looking forward to your posts. Welcome

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10942.msg70933.html#msg70933

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.