[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Dan NTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Hi

« on: January 29, 2010, 10:53:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I took a sculpture class and made some bronze castings. To get a natural patina, I threw the pieces out in the woods behind my house. That was 13 years ago and now I can't find them. I searched my way here looking for a schematic for a decent metal detector.

Unfortunately, I need 15 posts to use your downloads and I just don't have that much to say. Oh well... Thanks anyway.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10962.msg69990.html#msg69990

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 10:58:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I think in your case it would be much easier to lend a detector from somewhere as building one yourself will require lots of time and expirience. Regards

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10962.msg69992.html#msg69992

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline adammcfly
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

26.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Landstar
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:35:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

As the "New Member" forum reveals - metal detecting hobbyists are everywhere.  If you post your location, I am sure that you'll find someone in your vicinity ready and willing to help you out.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10962.msg70278.html#msg70278

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 04:29:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Dan N
I took a sculpture class and made some bronze castings. To get a natural patina, I threw the pieces out in the woods behind my house. That was 13 years ago and now I can't find them. I searched my way here looking for a schematic for a decent metal detector.

Unfortunately, I need 15 posts to use your downloads and I just don't have that much to say. Oh well... Thanks anyway.

The advice to buy one is good, particularly if you are using it for the single purpose of finding your lost sculptures. It can take months to build one from scratch. If you plan to make this a long time hobby, build one later after you use one. There are several models out there which retail for under $200.00 that will do the job nicely. Alternatively, you could post your general location here and see if any of our members would be willing to help you. I know that if you lived near me, I'd be there in an eye blink.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10962.msg70518.html#msg70518

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Dan NTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 05:40:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks guys!

As far as building one, I do make guitar effect boxes and synth modules, so working with basic analog circuits is no problem. Further internet searching did show some of your hardware is based on programmed pics and stuff out of my league. I agree that the expense and time for such a one shot use is not a good idea.

I live in Eugene, OR. The thing I'm looking for is about a 5 pound chunk of brass, although there are a couple of smaller items out there too. Nothing valuable or urgent.

Thanks very much for your responses and advice.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10962.msg70539.html#msg70539

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 11:54:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just borrow a detector or give someone a few dollars to come find them for you...art is cool. I'm a pretty dang good drawer and not half bad painter---so hooray for the art-types!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10962.msg70623.html#msg70623

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 05:25:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Dan N
Thanks guys!

As far as building one, I do make guitar effect boxes and synth modules, so working with basic analog circuits is no problem. Further internet searching did show some of your hardware is based on programmed pics and stuff out of my league. I agree that the expense and time for such a one shot use is not a good idea.

I live in Eugene, OR. The thing I'm looking for is about a 5 pound chunk of brass, although there are a couple of smaller items out there too. Nothing valuable or urgent.

Thanks very much for your responses and advice.

You're welcome. Now go and post a request for assistance in Lost and Found and/or in the Oregon section. Surely someone will be along to offer help. Perhaps a small fee for gasoline might be appropriate. Or a bottle of single malt Scotch. Perhaps, merely in exchange for being allowed to hunt the rest of your yard. Who knows what deal you may strike here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10962.msg70663.html#msg70663

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.