[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline andrea3Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada
Referrals: 0

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 01:20:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

bomber - yes, looks like Johnn is quite active and has a lot of interesting finds.  I'm not sure, but as far as I can tell he's in Alberta, so we'll have quite different geology here, but we do share the same coins of course.  And yes, Magneto does rule!

mudflap - are you across the lake in Buffalo area, or do you listen to AM 740 over the internet?

pulltabpete - yeah, I was starting to get that impression about the coin difference.  I think their "Euro" version is meant for Canada, but they drop all the coin IDs from their display.  I like the idea of the number ID, seems much more accurate/flexible to me.  Thanks.

wjm - a gold specific detector would be nice, but realistically I'll just be going to the beach and some parks looking for coins and rings, so I don't think a full fledged gold detector is what I'm looking for right now.  Once I get hooked on MD then I'll move up to one of the nice gold detectors - that'd be fun!  I totally agree about taking the time to pick the right machine..

Thanks to everyone for the welcome.  It's nice to see such an active community here.

Andréa

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28406.msg200973.html#msg200973

Offline pulltabpete
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ace 250  , pro pointer
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 02:09:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

If i were to buy again  i would look into the AT pro gold , i like the number id and the fact its waterproof to 10 feet (i plan to hunt all winter and we get a LOT of rain) plus it has the dd coil .  *my official 2 cents*

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28406.msg200979.html#msg200979

toonies      3 
loonies      8 
quarters     13
nickels       9
dimes        8
pennies     126

pull tabs  39

saving all clad for Etrac !

Offline zul32
Knight
Silver Member

Thank you31

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2365.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 09:54:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Andréa, and Welcome from Utah! I've got an Ace 350 and just love it. one thing you'll note is pull-tabs and nickels come right in the same range as gold items, so you'll pretty much have to dig up everything you hit. Cheesy
Oh also, if you're not set on buying locally, and are considering purchasing from someone over the internet - I'd highly recommend Kellyco out of FL. I've been very pleased with the quick delivery and customer service as well. Lots of people on this forum have shopped with them as well and can say the same.
HH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28406.msg200999.html#msg200999

2017 Find count
Penny- 300
Nickel- 34
Dime - 72
Quarter - 45
Half dollar - 1
dollar - 3

Offline andrea3Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 11:25:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

pulltabpete - Number ID, totally waterproof and DD coil, the AT Pro Gold looks nice!  (I think they just call it the AT Gold, right? It looks like an upgraded AT Pro)  This video's a bit long, but at 15:03 they show how well it discriminates against hot rocks.  That big GOLD emblazened at the top of the display looks a little ridiculous though... that's what happens when you let the marketing guys have too much say!

Please Register or Login

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxKp6BwYa9s#noexternalembed&feature=player_embedded

I think the AT Pro / Gold detectors are a little more than I want to pay to get into MD, but they sure do look nice.

Thanks for the info,
Andréa

Posted on: November 12, 2011, 11:13:11 AM
zul32 - yeah, I've been heading in the direction of the AT Euro or AT 350.  I'm going to look at them a bit closer before I decide.  I'm sure I'll be digging up everything that sounds off for the first little while until I get to know the detector.  Good to hear you're pleased with your 350.

Kellyco seems very popular, they come up with almost ever detector I search for... I'll keep them in mind, but I think there are a couple of local dealers here in or near Toronto and I try to buy local if I the prices are comparable.  Ya just gotta support your neighbors if you can!

Thanks,
Andréa

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28406.msg201010.html#msg201010

Offline wjm4161
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

900.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

1265x det.pro h.h. p.i.,terra x 705
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 12:04:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i have a buddy who lives in arizona,his name is steve he hunts with a 1266x .he has worn out two 1266x's and he lives somewhere, Grin where the population is around 500,000.he finds so many rings ,gold items that gets around $1000 a year.his last name is mc Cue.must be nice. Smiley---------------------------james

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28406.msg201015.html#msg201015

Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 07:50:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by andrea3
mudflap - are you across the lake in Buffalo area, or do you listen to AM 740 over the internet?

Andrea.....I am in south central CT. Listen only at night as that is when the signal makes it here Smiley
You may want to look at some used gear also as you can usually get a good price.... just have to do some lurking around ..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28406.msg201055.html#msg201055

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.