[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dred747Topic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Accurate Locators Runabout, Minelab Explorer
« on: April 29, 2012, 09:29:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi everyone.

I'm new here.  Saw this site while searching for a 2-box metal detector.  I'm out to prove the existence of Japanese plunder buried in the Philippines.  So I will be posting about my experiences and sometimes seek technical help from the members of this forum.

I'm not looking for financiers/investors in my projects since I do believe only Japanese financiers are allowed to partner with locals to open the sites where the plunder is hidden.

I have attached a most unusual picture of a well, pointed out by a Japanese tunnel engineer.  It has 7 sides and the meaning of the number of sides is left up to the person looking at the well.  All the engineers I have talked to say it is quite difficult to build a well with that many sides.  I'll leave it up to the reader.

Have a nice day.

Dred

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36214.msg221828.html#msg221828

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

7-SIDED WELL.jpg

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 10:36:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from New Mexico.

Looks Like a well to me.

Seven may be the way they could do and Fit the Molds they had.  I can't tell by photo if that is Rock or Concrete.

Some folks think the number Seven is lucky?

Only thing you will find down there is a few Rats that fell in and the last person that tried to find Treasure.

Cool Well, wish I had one like that here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36214.msg221842.html#msg221842

Offline au fever
Mod
Silver Member

Thank you84

Activity
0%

Australia

3950.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites MXT Pro , minelab GPX 4000
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 11:26:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from NT Australia , goodluck fishing/searching . cheers Mick

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36214.msg221847.html#msg221847

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
72%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 03:19:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from Arizona.   Sounds like it should make for some interesting reading.   I will warn you, though, that there are a lot of skeptics here who think most of the stories are way overblown.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36214.msg221954.html#msg221954

Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 09:27:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes it is a well alright.  It's concrete and a truly unusual piece if I may add.  The Japanese used these as landmarks since people will always remember where a well would be situated.  Much like an old school, a church, a hospital.

Finding treasure beyond our wildest dreams is what drives this hobby I guess. And sometimes it drives people mad and poor.  Hehehe.

All I'm saying is that of all the 'thousands' of stories out there about Jap plunder tucked away somewhere here in the Philippines, there's got to be a few that are real. The Seagraves in their book "Gold Warriors" make for quite a good argument for it. 

Anyways, I've been doing lots of research about what the Japanese said, the landmarks and why he used them.  He was assigned to Central Luzon, the Philippines, after a stint in Europe as a consultant to the Germans in building their fortifications.   

In 1941, Clark Field was an American base that became the home of their bombers from Hawaii, in preparation for an imminent attack by the Japanese.  In fact, Clark Field was bombed almost on the same day as Pearl Harbor.  The landmarks the Japanese used as reference to bury their plunder are still there.  I have attached two pictures of these landmarks taken before or after the war and pictures of how they look now.  When the Japanese tunnel engineer came back in 2001 he looked for these landmarks. 

Best regards to all.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36214.msg221984.html#msg221984

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Camp+Dau.jpg
Clarkfield Parade Grounds.jpg
DEL PILAR GATEPOSTS 001.jpg
FORT STOTSENBURG AERIAL VIEW.jpg

Offline au fever
Mod
Silver Member

Thank you84

Activity
0%

Australia

3950.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites MXT Pro , minelab GPX 4000
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 10:59:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yamashita had an army of 120,000 in the Phillipines makes you wonder why the need to bury any plundered loot to protect it , i'm sure any plundered gold reserves would have been on the next ship to Japan .The Japanese had very little in the way of natural resources had to pay for them somehow , who knows whats lying on the ocean floor in some unremarkable Japanese freighter as many were sunk leaving these islands . cheers Mick

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36214.msg221993.html#msg221993

Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 12:21:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

That may be true but history tells us that not one single piece of plunder was ever reported to have been found in Japan unlike Nazi Germany.  And I don't believe the Japs conquerred Southeast Asia just to get rid of the white devil.  A conquering army would help themselves to the most valuable things of that conquerred land.  If not in Japan, then where? The logical place would be to trace them back to conquered lands. 

Manila would have be the transshipment point but with the shipping lanes were already teeming with US subs on the prowl for Jap ships, it became too dangerous to transport it by ship.  The bright thing to do would be to bury it in a place where only you know where it was buried and come back for it when times are a little bit less hostile.  I know I would do it that way. 

They transported it on the Manila-Dagupan (North of Luzon) railway.  This railway snaked through the plains of Central Luzon.  It had stations in Angeles City, Clark and almost all towns of Central Luzon.  The Japanese said they distributed the plunder in strategic areas along the way.  Clark was home to a POW camp they had enough 'slave labor'.  In fact, the Japanese said he or his team built a tunnel system in the adjacent areas of Clark.  And the landmarks were his reference points.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36214.msg221997.html#msg221997

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 04:43:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello dred747

Welcome to thunting.

Your following statement. "That may be true but history tells us that not one single piece of plunder was ever reported to have been found in Japan unlike Nazi Germany."  is incorrect I am afraid.

I advice you hunt down the follwing documents of the United states Government occupation of Japan headed by  General Macarther. His notes and corresponcies are obtainable 1945-1947. Hundreds of Millions dollars (1947) figures worth of looted Gold and treasure by Japan was recovered by the US Government after the war. Finding gold and treasure was not the problem in Japan. It was trying to establish rightfull ownership of the looted gold. In the end most counties cut a deal with Japan, the rest of the huge wealth found was used to rebuild Japan.

I would not be quoting from Stirling Seagraves book either. It is a interesting bit of persudo history only good for emergency toilet paper and not much else. If you are really interested in seeking treasure in the Philipines stay away from Yamashita crap and look for real documents after the war as mentioned above and there is imformation in the newspapers of the day Predating Marcos.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36214.msg222035.html#msg222035

Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 03:13:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi hardluck,

Interesting statements.  And I suppose there could have been several found but never officially reported since as you said the question of ownership will always be brought up.

I never ascribe to the misnomer of calling the plunder as Yamashita treasure.  Though it's possible that he was part of the clique that hid them but the perpetrators may have used his name to hide the culpability of the real people who ordered the looting and the hiding (not to mention the killing, the burning and the raping of countless civilians and POWs): the Japanese royal family.  Yamashita I guess was the convenient whipping boy.

And even the Japanese I talked to are angry at their government who duped their soldiers into believing that they were dying for the Emperor when in reality so many of these fine soldiers died protecting the Emperor's plundered treasures.  Theirs is the story worth telling. 

At any rate thanks for the replies.  I shall be posting several photos of my 'adventure' very soon.  God bless us all!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36214.msg222242.html#msg222242

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 06:17:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Finally. A realistic assessment of what transpired. Thank you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36214.msg222245.html#msg222245

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.