[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline squid385Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher 1266X, Daytona
« on: January 19, 2009, 02:18:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Howdy you all and thanks for the kind welcome, Christian! I'm been treasure hunting since about the 1970's and still enjoy it a lot when I find time. I live on the Cumberland Plateau in east Tennessee. I currently use a fisher 1266X and an old Daytona Usika 4000. Done some field testing for Daytona and Tesoro back in the 1980's, wrote a few articles for W&E Treasures and Lost Treasure magazines back then. It is snowing and cold in the east Tennessee hills today. Had a few nights that were down to zero this past week. Sure will be glad when it warms up so I can do some metal detecting again. Any of you old timers remember Karl von Mueller, alias Deek Gladson and Dean Miller? Karl was way ahead of his time in the treasure hunting field and had several good books published. He also wrote and published the National Prospectors Gazette. Good reading if you can get your hands on any of these. Paul Taintor of Fremont, Nebraska done a reprint of the National Prospectors Gazette back in the 80's and even printed an outstanding paper for a while, called the TH'ers Express. Don't know where Paul is these days though. I went out to Segundo, Colorado to visit Karl some years back, but the old fellow had passed away. Sad to hear that. Thanks for reading my ramblings. Hope all you guys have a nice day and hit the mother lode soon!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2974.msg22162.html#msg22162

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 03:07:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome and thanks a lot for this interesting introduction! It's great to have such an expirienced treasure aboard! What were some of the articles your wrote for W&E and Lost Treasure Magazine about?

I'm sure you must have made some great finds! I would be happy if your shared some of them with us.

Thanks again for joining us and best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2974.msg22163.html#msg22163

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline squid385Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher 1266X, Daytona
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 10:23:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Howdy Christian and thanks! Some of the articles I wrote were: W&E Treasures, Oct. 1985, p.14, Researching Tennessee Treasures; Jan. 1986, p.72, Rusty Riches-Relics From America's Past; Mar. 1986, p.30, Coinshooting The Old Home Place; Sept.1986, p.38, House Hunting; Aug. 1987, p.14, Coinshooting Modern Campgrounds. These articles were mostly about what I had found with some how to information as well. Wrote two or three for Lost Treasure also, just can't put my hands on them right now. Yes, I have had a few nice finds in my time. Jerry Bass, Technical Editor for W&E Treasures, done an interview type article on page 58 in W&E Treasures Fall 1985 Coinshooting Guide about one of my best finds. It was a gold 1753 French Louis D'or. Will try to post a photo of this soon. I have also found several Civil War artifacts including a union eagle breast plate with arrow hooks and a confederate pelican hat plate, just to name a few. Unfortunately, I have either sold or traded these over the years. As best as I remember, I done an article for Lost Treasure about finding the eagle breast plate, sometime in the 80's. I now regret selling or trading some of the artifacts and coins that I found, but that's water under-the-bridge now. Thanks for your reply and have a nice day!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2974.msg22183.html#msg22183

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 07:29:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome to the forum.  Glad you've joined us here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2974.msg22232.html#msg22232

Stringfrenzy

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.