[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline RCAF-MATTTopic starter
Foil

Ad Astra!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: July 26, 2006, 03:39:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Okay, so I already posted this in the planes section.  Why would I follow the directions anyway, I'm a guy!

My name is RCAF-MATT, I guess I'm the newbie here today.  I'm a buddy of Dean's from Whitby and am his resident D.D. (Designated Digger).  Dean appointed me to be the shovel wielding fool because I was in the air force,  and according to him, "Couldn't loose much more when we hit unexploded ordnance than you've already lost as an Officer"--I'm not sure what he meant by that, but I'm sure he meant it as a compliment  Tongue  

I was interested in the previous post here regarding the Halifax Bomber from Norway--That "Hali-bag" was ferried into CFB Trenton on board a Hercules and I got a first hand view of it when they offloaded it about ten years ago.  Dean and I have gone to see it being re-built several times at the base and last fall, they finally rolled her out!  She has her own special hanger at the RCAF Museum and looks ready to take to the air again.
Of note, the tailgunner on that aircraft had survived the ditching and was still living when the aircraft was recovered.  The gunner had mentioned that he had left his flask of coffee under his seat in the turret.  After the recovery crews had cleaned out some of the crud, the gunner had his 50+ year old coffee returned to him  Grin  

Other interests include amateur radio (VE3ZQW)--He Dean, stay away from my radios--you scare them!  Shocked

Long winded here--Thanks alot, looks like a great site, and I look forward to hearing from all of you soon.

Matthew

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,32.msg80.html#msg80

"I love mankind, its People I can't stand!"

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 03:44:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome aboard Matthew!

I hope that I will soon be adding more on WWII planes. A French relative of mine has succesfully salavaged many parts over the last few years in the Normandi.

I myself did participate in a search for an American WW2 aircraft a few years ago. It had crushed down (with a defect engine) in a German mountain lake and the pilot could leave the aircraft. Some farmers saw how he landed - and most probably one of them must have unfortuantely salavaged the plane at a later point of time in order to "recycle" the metal. Metal was rare and expensive after the war so many relics got re-used in one or another way.

Aircrafts that are sunk in (fresh) water are usually in  an amazing condition. So it is a pitty the plane was allready gone.

Best wishes and hope you enjoy the site,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,32.msg81.html#msg81

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Dean
Silver Member

Robin Hood was the 1st Commie
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5897.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

T2
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 04:52:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I want parts  of certian aircraft!!

They will be Honourd from which ever side of WW2

Dean

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,32.msg83.html#msg83

Offline dowser501
Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

584.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 07:28:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi there. my first name is max. My handle here is Dowser 501. Am a dowser of 22 years experience and am wrapped up full time in deciphering the 450 y/old spanish jesuit cache burial code.
Its amazing stuff.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,32.msg453.html#msg453

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.